New to HAL!

Scoup

I am sailing on the Oosterdam August 16, 2015 from Vancouver to Seward. I cannot find when formal dining night is! Where do you find this info?

Edited by Scoup

That's a good question. I've been searching for the answer on the HAL website and can't find it. The website states how many Formal Nights/Gala Nights are on each cruise, depending on its length, but doesn't specify which nights. It would be nice to know ahead of time.

We will be on a 14 day Alaska cruise next year and wonder which nights will be the Formal Nights/Gala Nights.

Hopefully, someone will post a reply soon.

Edited by JimAOk1945

I am sailing on the Oosterdam August 16, 2015 from Vancouver to Seward. I cannot find when formal dining night is! Where do you find this info?

On a 7 day you should have two formal nights. While it is never posted on the website, experience suggests that your formal nights will be the evening of your first sea day and the evening that you are touring Glacier Bay.

Most likely the 17th and 21st (Glacier Bay). Your departures from Juneau and Skagway are too late, and the last night before debarkation is never formal.

HAL doesn't post the exact formal nights on their site or on your documents.

The documents will list how many smart casual nights and how many gala nights there will be.

You have to ask here and many people will be able to answer your questions.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

Welcome to the HAL forum.. I agree with the answers of the above posters..

BTW not sure you know what that little red upside down thumb is for..

It's not a question mark...It's a "Thumbs down" Icon to show that you are unhappy with something.. When someone complains on this board about something, many times they use the "Thumbs Down" Icon.. The question Icon is the little blue balloon with the question mark inside it..

No Problem but thought you might want to run your mouse over the various Icons on this board to see what they all are used for..

Hope you have a wonderful HAL cruise..

I'm using the "Thumbs up" Yellow Icon on this post..

Edited by serendipity1499

I've never known any cruise line to list the dates of Formal nights, just the number. It can change depending on the Hotel Directors/Head Chef's discretion along with itinerary

Cunard and P&O do provide the dates. As you say, you may find changes once on board.