Sofa in adjoining room?

We have an adjoining balcony cabin booked on the Freedom, and were told that it does have a sofa. I saw a post indicating the adjoining rooms only have a chair. Anyone know which it is? I'll be very unhappy with TA if it's not a sofa. Thanks.

By adjoining do you mean cabins next door to each other or do you mean cabins that are next door to each other that have an interior door connecting them without having to go out into the hallway or balcony to enter the other cabin? It makes a difference.

Edited by sailinglisa

By adjoining do you mean cabins next door to each other or do you mean cabins that are next door to each other that have an interior door connecting them without having to go out into the hallway or balcony to enter the other cabin? It makes a difference.

Sorry, I was referring to interior connecting door.

I have noticed that the updated deck plans for a lot of the ships will indicate where the adjoining door is located. For one of my cruises it shows the adjoining door on the wall right next to the balcony door. I have seen a picture of the cabin and the adjoining door is where it shows on the deck plans.

This leaves room for there to be a couch/sofa in the area between the bed and bathroom.

On some deck plans the adjoining door is between the sofa/couch and bathroom, therefore only leaving room for a chair.

Check the deck plans and see.

We have an adjoining balcony cabin booked on the Freedom, and were told that it does have a sofa. I saw a post indicating the adjoining rooms only have a chair. Anyone know which it is? I'll be very unhappy with TA if it's not a sofa. Thanks.

We were on Freedom last year in connecting balcony cabins....connecting, not just next to each other......and there was a sofa in each room. The post that said connecting rooms do not have sofas is incorrect.

I have also been on Independence with the same setup.

I have noticed that the updated deck plans for a lot of the ships will indicate where the adjoining door is located. For one of my cruises it shows the adjoining door on the wall right next to the balcony door. I have seen a picture of the cabin and the adjoining door is where it shows on the deck plans.

This leaves room for there to be a couch/sofa in the area between the bed and bathroom.

On some deck plans the adjoining door is between the sofa/couch and bathroom, therefore only leaving room for a chair.

Check the deck plans and see.

I haven't been able to find any deck/cabin plans showing placement of the door. Maybe they started to do that on the new ships. For me, the difference between a chair and a sofa is a deal breaker, but I may be stuck at this point.

It's an E1 cabin 8628. thanks.

I know on Voyager class, the E category staterooms normally have a 2 person loveseat that is changed to a chair when there is a connecting door. Not sure it's the same on Freedom class.

We were on Freedom last year in connecting balcony cabins....connecting, not just next to each other......and there was a sofa in each room. The post that said connecting rooms do not have sofas is incorrect.

I have also been on Independence with the same setup.

thanks. I'm hoping this is the case for us.

We had connecting cabins last year on deck 8 starboard (just a bit forward of aft elevators, don't remember exact number, I think is was 8316 and 18) and we did NOT have sofa, just a chair.

We liked our adjacent but not connecting cabins better this year for that reason. It was nice to have sofa in each cabin and with balcony divider open it was still easy to go from cabin to cabin.

We had connecting cabins last year on deck 8 starboard (just a bit forward of aft elevators, don't remember exact number, I think is was 8316 and 18) and we did NOT have sofa, just a chair.

We liked our adjacent but not connecting cabins better this year for that reason. It was nice to have sofa in each cabin and with balcony divider open it was still easy to go from cabin to cabin.

DrD, It was your "great" review that made me aware of the possibility of a chair, not a sofa. I chose the cabin because of location, as we don't need the connecting room. But, I was assured the cabin was exactly the same as our previous (2012) cabin just down the hall. Guess I'll know for sure when we get there!

You have a beautiful family, boys are adorable. Would like to do the behind the scenes tour...looks like fun.

On Liberty (Freedom class) my connecting E1 on deck 6 just had a chair.

Our freedom connecting cabins each E had a chair, no sofas. The door was between the bed and the bathroom, so as someone said, it might depend on the door placement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So it looks like the Freedom class has door between the bed and bathroom for the most part based on pictures I have pulled from around the internet.

I had mentioned before that the deck plans indicate door placement. I can't say that is 100%, but I know that my cabin on the Jewel next year has the connecting door by the balcony. The deck plans show the symbol for connecting door on the outer edge of the cabin. Whereas on the Freedom deck plans it shows the symbol on the inner edge (hallway). This is where I got the presumption from.

We have sailed on the Freedom 3 times. Two of these times we have had connecting oceanview cabins (H) and had chairs both times. The connecting door was in the center of the cabins if that helps. There would have been no rooms to have a sofa/loveseat in our connecting cabin situations.

Edited by funfamilyof6

Sooooo, I called my TA and was again assured that there was a sofa. Then I called Royal Caribbean and the customer service rep said that according to the furniture inventory for that cabin, there IS a sofa....and a hair dryer, too. Guess I will know for sure when I open the cabin door. Thanks for all your input. It was greatly appreciated.

Sooooo, I called my TA and was again assured that there was a sofa. Then I called Royal Caribbean and the customer service rep said that according to the furniture inventory for that cabin, there IS a sofa....and a hair dryer, too. Guess I will know for sure when I open the cabin door. Thanks for all your input. It was greatly appreciated.

Good luck, and please report back.:)