My Hawaii adventure by land and sea

mongee

If anybody is interested I have created a blog and have started to write about our fantastic Hawaiian holiday back in May. We did a combined land and sea holiday which is why I am posting it here and not on the NCL board.

We were in Hawaii for three-and-a-half weeks and had the best time including our first ever cruise on the POA around the islands. We live in Perth, Western Australia and it was quite a trek to get to Hawaii. We had six nights in Honolulu pre cruise, seven nights on the cruise, then flew to Kona for four nights and finally seven nights in Maui. On our way home we spent two nights in Brisbane.

Anyway, if you're interested I have gathered the blog posts on to one page, the ones that are finished are red links and the others are the blogs yet to be written. I am currently working on day 5, the Thursday before the cruise started.

https://gosomeplace.wordpress.com/hawaii-2016/

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I am having a hard time trying to sort through the photos - I took over 6,000. I wish I was back in Hawaii as it's winter here and we are in the middle of a cold snap. I have uploaded the photos for the next blog and all going good I will write it tonight (it's currently Thursday 6.00am).

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I am having a hard time trying to sort through the photos - I took over 6,000. I wish I was back in Hawaii as it's winter here and we are in the middle of a cold snap. I have uploaded the photos for the next blog and all going good I will write it tonight (it's currently Thursday 6.00am).

Could you please repost the link to your blog? I've reported a problem to CC about being unable to access the first post on every page while using any of my Apple devices but they're not going to fix the issue.

What a great holiday and Aussies are great travelers & with more vacation time than in the US (recently read that we have the fewest days of any industrialized country) many of our Aussie friends use those extra days to fully enjoy a trip. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks for such a detailed review so far. We are in the research phase for our upcoming POA cruise next Feb and am anxious to read the rest of the reviews when you have finished them and hopefully pick up some advice.

I read a lot of trip reports on here while researching for our holiday. It really helped when trying to figure out what to do and where to go.

Happily following :D You did the best of both worlds--land and sea! My family of 5 will be on POA cruise in Aug 2016 so especially looking forward to your review on the cruise. This will be my children's and my first time in Hawaii so absolutely soaking in your journey regardless. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you so much for reading! I hope to have the first cruise day up tomorrow night (my time!). I just need to find my portable scanner so I can scan the embarkation photos. And the dailies.

Thank you for your great review. Am I reading it correctly that you used Roberts Hawaii for the Haleakala Sunrise tour? I am looking into this as well. Roberts says the tour ends at 11:50 (for when I am going). Will there be time to rent a car after or would there not be enough time?

OH NO - I have come to the end of the report - and its only just leaving Maui. Just loving it and loving the photos - can't wait for our trip next Feb. We are on the 25th Feb sailing - I was hoping that yours would be a Feb review and then we would know better what to expect.

Looking forward to the rest - you can never have enough photos!!

In Honolulu you used E Noa tours - I am sure we used them last time we were in Hawaii - but this time we are taking some Hawaii 'virgins' and I am wondering whether to do the circle tour again - How did you book it? Before you left home?

Any tours you can recommend. We are looking at one for Maui - but its the West side not Hana -

Helen