Flights Dublin

parkey

Does anyone know how early is a safe time for an International flight on May 20th from Dublin to the States? Captions Club said we will clear customs the day before. We are looking at a flight after 11am.

We are on this cruise and am looking at booking an 11am flight. Because we dock the day before we should be able to leave early. Does anyone know how far it is to the airport from the port?

It all depends where you will be disembarking. If you are docking at the North Wall which is almost in the centre of Dublin, its about 20 minutes by cab. If docking at Dun Laoghaire which is the main ferry port and is a further 8 miles outside town and probably around 45 minutes by cab.

20 mins by cab assumes no traffic or incidents, etc. I would leave longer than that if I was you. Also if flying from Terminal 2 on a US flight you need to clear US Customs / Border Control so it's advised to get to airport 2&1/2 - 3 hours prior to take off. As part of that process there's essentially another security check and the fingerprint photo questions from agent.

Choiceair would not let me book a flight earlier than noon so we are staying an extra day in Dublin since their airfare was less than Hslf booking directly with the airlines.

Someone at choice air dropped the ball.....yes, if the ship arrives in the morning, they won't book before noon, but in this case, you arrive the day before and clear customs then so the noon time is irrelevant...unless of course you are a non-thinking agent....nuff said.

However spending an extra night in Ireland is wonderful....so it's probably a plus that the agent didn't give you accurate information.

It all depends where you will be disembarking. If you are docking at the North Wall which is almost in the centre of Dublin, its about 20 minutes by cab. If docking at Dun Laoghaire which is the main ferry port and is a further 8 miles outside town and probably around 45 minutes by cab.

Does this mean something to you as far as where it docked?

http://afloat.ie/port-news/cruise-liners/item/35782-cruise-liner-celebrity-eclipse-arrives-into-dublin-bay

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/cruise/twice-as-long-as-croke-park-2850passenger-cruise-ship-sails-into-dublin-35695993.html

• 3 weeks later...

No

2018 Celebrity Cruises will "homeport" in Dublin Port which is at mouth of River Liffey very close to the city. They are doing work to expand the port so bigger ships can turn and won't have to come in stern first.

No

2018 Celebrity Cruises will "homeport" in Dublin Port which is at mouth of River Liffey very close to the city. They are doing work to expand the port so bigger ships can turn and won't have to come in stern first.

I was in Dublin last April, in port was a Grand Class Princess ship (about the same size as a S class ship).

It was docked at North Wall. The ho-ho bus I was on went right by it.

Just returned from Dublin on Sunday after a land vacation in Ireland. We walked over to the port where indeed a Princess ship was parked. It is definitely centrally located.

The drive to the airport from center city was about 20 minutes at about 7:00 a.m.

I agree that you should plan on being at the airport 2 and a half hours early. Our flight didn't leave until 11:20.m. But it was wonderful being able to clear U.S. customs in Dublin rather than waiting thru the lines at OHare upon arrival. This went REALLY fast.