Hero Cards

LeesaB

Going on my first NCL cruise next year and trying to learn as much as possible about the cruise line, and I keep hearing references to hero cards for the ship's employees. Can you explain what you know about them? Including how to get them and where to put them once filled out, lol.

TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Going on my first NCL cruise next year and trying to learn as much as possible about the cruise line, and I keep hearing references to hero cards for the ship's employees. Can you explain what you know about them? Including how to get them and where to put them once filled out, lol.

TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Nothing more than a comment card that can be used to recognize exceptional service received from a crew member. They are available at, and can be returned to, Guest Services.

You get them from customer services (if you don't find them elsewhere, you sometimes get one delivered to your room). When you have filled it out then there is usually a box or something in the atrium to drop them off in.

The staff value them highly. They get recognition, and I believe that they also get financially rewarded and potential for promotion as a result.

As an indication, a staff member who is a Facebook friend just posted today as he has received a recognition for vacation hero cards. It is very important to them.

If a member of staff is noteworthy then make sure you fill one in.

You'll have NO problem getting one. They were left in our stateroom several times and I saw them in various places around the ship last week. They give you the opportunity to give an official compliment to a crew member who's made your trip special. We had an assistant waiter in Le Bistro who was outstanding. We went a second night and there weren't any tables available in his section, but when he saw us he came over and even helped to serve us at one point. I happily filled out a card for him. :D

The cards are used by NCL to rate an employee's performance and enables both position and salary progression by great performers. In the "modern" times, we just ask permission to photograph an employee's name tag so we get their exact name and position for the card. They are always very happy to let you do that (cuz then know that they will get a card).

The cards are used by NCL to rate an employee's performance and enables both position and salary progression by great performers. In the "modern" times, we just ask permission to photograph an employee's name tag so we get their exact name and position for the card. They are always very happy to let you do that (cuz then know that they will get a card).

We do this as well. It makes it much easier to remember the exact details. And they do really appreciate the recognition.

Nice idea on the photo. We usually ask them to write their name and position on a piece of paper that sometimes get misplaced when needed. Thanks.