Pom to fort lauderdale airport

tine-tine

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. Could anyone assist me with transportation options for the above trip? I have searched and found the opposite journey and some threads saying you cannot get shuttles from POM, is this the case and am I better taking Celebrity transfers, there are two of us travelling and have to be at FLL by 1.30pm. We will be disembarking Eclipse. Thank you all and enjoy your day.

Edited by tine-tine

Yes, taking the cruise line bus is probably the easiest way. Only problem may be waiting for the bus to fill. However, on a good day -- like Sunday morning -- it's only about half an hour trip. You could take a cab, lots more expensive but efficient. Making a 1:30 flight should not be a problem, unless ship is cleared really late, customs can be difficult or the traffic is snarled.

I did the Eclipse return on Dec. 21 and everything went smoothly.

Edited by Trainer

After Reflection, POM, we had a tight schedule...12:15 flt at FLL..

We walked off w/ luggage in first group and took a taxi...around $75 plus tip

It was more than ship's bus or a shuttle but we did not have to wait for anyone else or for the bus to fill up.. We arrived before the long security lines at the airport...For us, taxi cost was worth it.

Suggest you check the Fla departures board for more info....I believe some shuttles can be pre booked.

Happy New Year.

We booked a transfer on the Reflection the day before our return to the port. It just seemed easier and I would be putting the charge on my credit card. However... The bus driver did not have my name on his list. After double checking the paper work he finally asked if I had a receipt. I did. So keep a receipt if you book on the ship.

There were no weather issues. The ship arrived in Miami before 6 on a Saturday. We were on the bus by 8:30 to 9:00. We sat and waited for more people to board. But we did not have a full load and were driving away from the port at 9:10. $60 for the two of us plus tip for the driver. If I was worried I would spend the extra twenty bucks for a cab.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. Could anyone assist me with transportation options for the above trip? I have searched and found the opposite journey and some threads saying you cannot get shuttles from POM, is this the case and am I better taking Celebrity transfers, there are two of us travelling and have to be at FLL by 1.30pm. We will be disembarking Eclipse. Thank you all and enjoy your day.

Your best bet for this sort of info is the Florida board, and I'd ask over there to get current info. That's how I found SAS, shuttle from POM to FLL, used them about a year ago getting off the Infinity. Very easy to set up the reservation on line, then you call them once you have disembarked and they tell you where the shuttle is. The shuttle made a couple of stops around POM to pick up pax from other ships, and then off we went to FLL. Easy, and much cheaper than a taxi. We'd use them again.

http://www.ridesas.com/html/returning_customers_.html

SAS (http://www.ridesas.com), QLS, MJS, Go Airport Shuttle and others all provide shared shuttle service FLL to POM or POM to FLL with fares starting at about $15 per person each way for the 45+ minute trip.

If there are 4+ travelling together a taxi for about $75-80+tip is a good option.

Good luck! :)