Did Two Cruises Just Disappear

mrlevin

Yesterday there were 283 cruises on RSSC.com whilst today there are 281. As far as I can tell no cruises ended today. Did two cruises just get pulled? If so, has anyone been able to tell which cruises?

Of course, I could be imagining things.

Marc

Marc,

No mystery. The 14 night Vancouver to Vancouver cruise and the included seven night Anchorage to Vancouver cruise ended this morning. Hence, there deletion from the list of cruises.

Marc,

No mystery. The 14 night Vancouver to Vancouver cruise and the included seven night Anchorage to Vancouver cruise ended this morning. Hence, there deletion from the list of cruises.

Dave, they ended yesterday, and were dropped off list yesterday.

Wow. And I thought I spent too much time on the Regent website... :D

TC, it probably doesn't matter...unless one of the cruises that disappeared was one you were interested in - then it's an issue.

Marc, I have no idea - I don't keep track of things like that and I really don't know why some would disappear like that. Might be some charters?

Wow. And I thought I spent too much time on the Regent website... :D

TC, it probably doesn't matter...unless one of the cruises that disappeared was one you were interested in - then it's an issue.

Marc, I have no idea - I don't keep track of things like that and I really don't know why some would disappear like that. Might be some charters?

This is one of the more curious threads. I am spending less time on CC and more time trying to figure out our 5 booked cruises (my DH thinks that 3 booked cruises is a lot so this is a bit overwhelming). I am finding some of the threads more unusual than I've seen in the past. If a cruise disappeared, I would call my TA rather than post on CC. The TS and I share the same TA and they could answer this question quickly.

The next cruise to end is Voyager on June 11.

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY170601/summary/default.aspx

If that link still works (takes you to the itinerary) on June 11, but not on June 12, then you'll know that DaveFr got it right. But if the link goes to a generic "CRUISE NOT FOUND" on June 11, then maybe Marc is on to something.

I think there is value in understanding how the web site works. Here on Cruise Critic, much more time has been spent speculating on much less important subjects.

While I agree with your comment about speculating on less important subjects, in terms of this subject, what is wrong with simply calling your TA (or Regent) and asking them about it. Except for you (who keeps track of many things for "CC'ers" - thank you), it is doubtful if anyone else would have a clue about missing cruises (unless, as Bill mentioned you are on the cruise).

Must admit that if specific dates for "missing cruises" was posted, that would be of interest.

Oops, wasn't today Wednesday? :o This will teach me to read more carefully before posting. I took a look at the list of cruises and there were some schedule gaps present such as July 13-25, 2017 on the Explorer. One or two of those gaps could account for the missing cruises.

Not sure if this is one of the "dropped" cruises, but I just learned this week that the Sept. 30, 2018 Voyager cruise, Venice to Athens, was cancelled as this trip is now a "charter."

I'm so unhappy as my youngest daughter had so looked forward to this. We do have the 2nd half to the Greek isles, which she wanted, but the Venice to Athens was fabulous also. She hasn't been able to travel until the Fall of 2018 as she has been active with her son's activities, and he will head off to college the end of August, 2018. (Free at last--just kidding). Maybe by some miracle, we can get back on that first leg.

This is exactly what I was looking for; charters make sense. 09/30/18 is in the system still as a Koper (10/01) to Athens cruise. If this, along with a 17 day combination cruise were recently removed that would be the two deleted sailings.

Thanks for the input; sorry to hear about the cancellation. Being so far out, it will be hard to get compensation from Regent but I would still try (at least get an upgrade or shipboard credit).

Marc