Blue Kay

hopeful2

Hello We are going on ncl Sun and was wondering is it easy to get to Blue Kay from the port. Will taxis know what we are talking about? Just dont want to be driven all around and not get to the place. First time going to these ports.

Thank you

Just walk outside the port and purchase a pass for $3 pp and jump on the open air bus/trolley and the very first stop you will come to will be Senior Frogs (which is right next door to Blue Kay). You don't even need to tell them where you want to go. They just automatically stop there first. (It's not like a "bus stop" where they stop there on the street...they actually pull into the parking lot to let people off). Just get off there and head to your left. Easy as can be.

I have a full review of the place with TONS of pictures in my signature line if you are interested and haven't seen it yet. :)

I found the website bluekaymahahaul dot com. It seems more expensive now. If im reading correctly its 30 pp for the day for chairs and drinks. Bit does not include kayaks, bikes and snorkeling or food. Is this correct or am i misreading? Thanks!

I found the website bluekaymahahaul dot com. It seems more expensive now. If im reading correctly its 30 pp for the day for chairs and drinks. Bit does not include kayaks, bikes and snorkeling or food. Is this correct or am i misreading? Thanks!

It looks like they have put together a "sorta" AI package that includes drinks in that package.

I did email them and confirm that you can still go there, free of charge, and pay a la carte like I did. ;)

It looks like they have put together a "sorta" AI package that includes drinks in that package.

I did email them and confirm that you can still go there, free of charge, and pay a la carte like I did. ;)

Thank you for checking on that. We will be on the Sun next week and I hope to swing over to Blue Kay for a little bit after our ruins tour. It looks beautiful!!

We went to Blue Kay 3/3/2015 & had a great day :). We didn't get in the water just hung out at the beach...got my first ever massage...wonderful really helped my neck & shoulders.

We bought drinks & food.... chicken nacho's were awesome!!

Thanks, mitsugirly for the review & recommendation!

I just checked out Blue Kay prices for the use of the Hobie Cat sailboat....For an hour that want $500 :eek:

I want to do some water activities, but $300-$500 for an hour is gouging in my book.

Guess the cheapest day there would be just to carry my own snorkeling gear and pay per item.

Is there at least a jet ski to rent? If so, how much. Their web page shows a sign saying jet ski, but nothing more.

Was looking for an all inclusive package with an added massage, but this place does not appear to have it...or am I missing something? Their web page leaves a lot to be desired.

Prices are in Mexican pesos. Divide by about 15.

Thank you. $33 is a lot better then $500

Now I am back eyeing Blue Kay for the day.....

Thanks again.

I know the exchange rate will change somewhat. Guess I will wait to see how bad within a month....

No jet skis to be found anywhere at Costa Maya last week.

Yea I was afraid of that. I do not see it offered in any port we are visiting.

I want to ride the segway's too, but the ride is way too short for my liking.

We went to Blue Kay 3/3/2015 & had a great day :). We didn't get in the water just hung out at the beach...got my first ever massage...wonderful really helped my neck & shoulders.

We bought drinks & food.... chicken nacho's were awesome!!

Thanks, mitsugirly for the review & recommendation!

You are very welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed your day there. :)

Is it easily walkable to get to Blue Kay from the Malecon in Mahajual? I'm going in 2016 with some friends who have never been. Our last rip there was in 2008 and we fell in love with Mahajual. Would love to show them the Malecon but Blue Kay looks so appealing that I really think we'll end up there. Can we get dropped off in the middle of town and easily walk there? :)

Is it easily walkable to get to Blue Kay from the Malecon in Mahajual? I'm going in 2016 with some friends who have never been. Our last rip there was in 2008 and we fell in love with Mahajual. Would love to show them the Malecon but Blue Kay looks so appealing that I really think we'll end up there. Can we get dropped off in the middle of town and easily walk there? :)

Blue Kay is at the beginning of the Malecon (nearest to the pier) between the lighthouse and Sn Frogs. You can walk the whole length of the Malecon, depending on how mobile you are.

Edited by c-leg5

Blue Kay is at the beginning of the Malecon (nearest to the pier) between the lighthouse and Sn Frogs. You can walk the whole length of the Malecon, depending on how mobile you are.

Tahnks! I'm quite mobile but that can vary depending on local beer prices and the alcohol content of the margarita pours. hehehe! Love the reviews!

In the following picture you will see Blue Kay at the far left, this is the very beginning of the malecon...the malecon runs all the way down to the right side and down by Nohoch Kay, which is almost to the end of it.

distance-XL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for checking on that. We will be on the Sun next week and I hope to swing over to Blue Kay for a little bit after our ruins tour. It looks beautiful!!

Did you get to Blue Kay after your ruins tour? How was it? We are going on NCL Sun next week. I'd like to do a ruins tour and get to blue kay but I'm not sure if we'll have time. Did you feel rushed to get back to ship? Thanks!!

Edited by Abingtonkid

Thanks for coming back and following up!

We went to Maya Chan last year so I am thinking about Blue Key this fall for a change. Do you have any pictures that you can share? I've seen Mitsugirly's pictures but always like to see more :D

Would you go back?

Edited by Ron_L