Hotels near Plaza Catalunya, Barcelona

Tuttifruti

Hi everybody, we are booking for 12 days Mediterranean cruise with Vision (RCL) on August 8-20, from Barcelona port. We arrive early in the morning on the 8/8 and leaving very late the next day after the getting off the ship- 8/21, to have almost 2 days to see the town.

Watching the map of the city, we decided to book a hotel for one night near Plaza Catalunya, because there we will take the airbus for the airport on the 8/21.

Any suggestions for a decent hotel there? It is only for one night, so the location is the most important and if they have a place to keep our luggage in, because as you know we will have an early get off (at 6:00 am the ship will be in the port).

During our stay in Barcelona we will take the hoho bus for the 2 days, as many cruisers here recommend. But after the port-shuttle bus to Columbus monument, what transport to take to Plaza Catalunya, having a lot of time, we don't need a taxi this time.

I booked Hotel Advance which less than one kilometer from Plaza Catalunya. We stayed there in 2012 and loved it. The people were super friendly and recommended great places to eat. I don't know about holding luggage so you would need to ask about that. I hope they do because that is the plan for us too.

We stayed in the Hotel Pulitzer last year in Barcelona. It is about 50m from Plaza Catalunya. It was winter time and we paid 100€ per room per night on BB. You can walk straight up Las Ramblas to plaza Catalunya fro the Colon statue.

Very central location. Lots of transport options, HOHO bus and shopping.

We stayed in the Hotel Pulitzer last year in Barcelona. It is about 50m from Plaza Catalunya. It was winter time and we paid 100€ per room per night on BB. You can walk straight up Las Ramblas to plaza Catalunya fro the Colon statue.

Very central location. Lots of transport options, HOHO bus and shopping.

We stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer too. One block from Paca Catalunya and Las Ramblas.

The hop on hop off busses stops were at the other end of the street.

Lovely bathrooms, nice helpful front desk and a roof top bar that is fabulous. We stayed there three days pre cruise.

I can recommend the H10 Plaza Catalunya Hotel.

I had 3 people in a triple room for one night and it was a little tight but by no means uncomfortable. I'm not sure how many people you have in your room but if it is only 2 people in a regular double, you will be fine.

The HOHO is directly across the street from the hotel and I loved having the outdoor restaurant seating right out in front of the Hotel. Great place to sit and have a beer in the evening.

They do have a bell check for your luggage as we used it for our bags after we checked out, went to Sagrada Familia, rode one line of the HOHO then made our way to the cruise.

Edited by bugeater2

We LOVE hotel continental barcelonia!

It is 1/2 block -Plaza Catalunya, very close to Train, Right on Las Rambalas

Have stayed there 3 x's. it is small but has an elevator. The rooms are very PINK ! lol probably the best features are the staff, location and of course the 24/7 buffet with free beer & wine on tap! The hotel is usually full of cruisers. and books fast.I love the balcony, just people watching !

karen

HI all!

I've stayed at Hotel Continental Barcelona once & will stay there again in December. It's handy to the HOHO bus, Placa Catalunya & I imagine if you had the time & desire you could walk there from the Columbus statue.

I did take the bus from the airport too & it was easy.

~ Jo ~ :)

i am going to give you three hotels near Catalunya

Hotel Jazz

Hotel Inglaterra

Hotel Lleo

Thank you, but we already booked Continental arriving and Regina on the way back.Because the cruise is in August, many hotels were already sold, so we paid more, but at least we have places to sleep...

Last summer, we stayed at Hotel Indigo prior to our RCI med cruise. It was a few blocks east of P. Catalunya. It was modern, clean, had a small pool, and served it's purpose.

Enjoy the Mediterranean - it's a great cruise!

Thank you, I see that you are a big fan of RCI, we too, we had experience with Freedom, Independence and Allure of the Seas and recommend the last one - very different experience from entertainment point of view - much more technical possibilities, effects and so on.

Have a nice trip to Caribbean islands!

We are booked in the hotel Monte Carlo, and while we have never been there it is in a great location,and looks great and is very highly rated.

Thank you!

The best location in Barcelona is near Calalunya Place, but all the hotels there are o.k., some of them are called "cruiser's hotels"obviously Barcelonians they have experience with cruisers...