Carambola Beach Club?

5280mom

We are in St. Kitts next week. I have emailed their resort inquiring about reservations for a beach day. No response. I just called and their phone number is disconnected, website won't load either. Does anyone know what is going on with them?? We'd love to plan our day there but don't want to go without a reservation and waste taxi fare to nowhere. Any place comparable for a family beach day?

I e-mailed the beach club at the same address and received an immediate reply. We were just there on Monday, December 15 and the reservation came in handy. The beach club is very clean and has excellent facilities, restaurant, changing facilities and very clean bathrooms. It did get crowded as two large ships were in port and the lounges quickly went. You can enter the grounds and use a towel and there is no cost. We opted for the lounges and the umbrella, each were $10. The cost for the taxi is $4 per person each way. There were lots of taxis waiting at the club for the return trip to Basseterre.

We really enjoyed our visit to Carambola Beach Club and would definitely return on our next visit to St. Kitts.

I e-mailed the beach club at the same address and received an immediate reply. We were just there on Monday, December 15 and the reservation came in handy. The beach club is very clean and has excellent facilities, restaurant, changing facilities and very clean bathrooms. It did get crowded as two large ships were in port and the lounges quickly went. You can enter the grounds and use a towel and there is no cost. We opted for the lounges and the umbrella, each were $10. The cost for the taxi is $4 per person each way. There were lots of taxis waiting at the club for the return trip to Basseterre.

We really enjoyed our visit to Carambola Beach Club and would definitely return on our next visit to St. Kitts.

My experience of 12/17/14 is quite similar, however I soloed in the taxi for $16 to get there early and have prime choice of a lounger and umbrella. I walked the entire length of the beach and there are other facilities every 100 yds or so, as well as areas where people just spread their towels on the sand. I must say the jerk conch I had at Carambola's was delicious and left my mouth tingly for about an hour or so -yum! The water was warm for December and it appeared that Carambola's had the sandiest beach, no water shoes needed here.

Edited by evandbob

We just came back from Carambola Beach Club ( 6 days ago).

We reserved by e-mail in advance and arrived there around 9:30.

The chairs are very comfortable and the umbrellas are huge, by putting 2 together, they covered easily 5 chairs.

It costs $10/chair or umbrella.

I strongly suggest that you reserve in advance. They put people with reservation on the first row, right by the water. People with no reservation or who arrive later, will be seated in the 2nd row.

When we were there, since we did reserve, we were put right by the water, at a very nice spot.

About an hour 1/2 later, around 11:00, there were a very rude group of 7, without reservation, who arrived and demanded that the beach attendant moved our chairs so they can be seated in the front, where there are only space for 2 chairs.... Really....So, reserve, get there early and enjoy.

BTW, taxi was $4/person one way but if you are a big group, you can bargain the price down a little bit. We were 8 and got it down to $3/person one way.

We gave the driver a nice tip since he came back for us right on time.

Wi-fi is free at the restaurant, does not work on the beach.

• 1 month later...
My experience of 12/17/14 is quite similar, however I soloed in the taxi for $16 to get there early and have prime choice of a lounger and umbrella. I walked the entire length of the beach and there are other facilities every 100 yds or so, as well as areas where people just spread their towels on the sand. I must say the jerk conch I had at Carambola's was delicious and left my mouth tingly for about an hour or so -yum! The water was warm for December and it appeared that Carambola's had the sandiest beach, no water shoes needed here.

What time did you have to leave the ship to get the front row loungers?

Also, how far is the Shipwreck bar from Carambola?

I know this is probably a stupid question but is the beach as nice at Shipwreck as it is at Carambola?

Make reservations as soon as you decide to go. They "sell out" on busy cruise days - sometimes months in advance. They have limited room for walk ins who want chairs.

LOL - trying to reserve for november for a group of 8 - and they responded that they don't have their 'schedule' out yet!:p

What time did you have to leave the ship to get the front row loungers?

You would need to make a reservation for loungers and an umbrella with Carambola to get the front row, email is dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com

Also, how far is the Shipwreck bar from Carambola?

Approx. 5 min. difference in a taxi, if you walk on the beach, it's about a 15 min. leisurely walk from Shipwreck to Carambola.

I know this is probably a stupid question but is the beach as nice at Shipwreck as it is at Carambola?

The beach and sand is much nicer at Carambola.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

• 1 month later...