celebrity eclipse for two 20+ s

phil2

P.s just read your from the uk too you flying from london? Mind me asking whag you paid just to guage a idea of the prices now and see if they come down?

We booked flight our selves so much cheaper than thru celebrity we are flying BA on A380 and paid £1046 we are in 1B cabin deck 9 price still same on web site and we got classic drink package and 300$ OBC. BA flight today £1274 they do have some cheaper flights with AA No thanks.

Thats good so how much was it each flights and cruise?

Were in liverpool so manchester nearest airport thomas cook fly miami till october dont know if it will in november but sometimes getting london costs afew hundred pounds itself and whats harder is flying home overnight then geting all luggage etc across london and on a 2 hr train or 5 hr bus! Id never bus it but train can be so expensive

We booked flight our selves so much cheaper than thru celebrity we are flying BA on A380 and paid £1046 we are in 1B cabin deck 9 price still same on web site and we got classic drink package and 300$ OBC. BA flight today £1274 they do have some cheaper flights with AA No thanks.

I've never paid more than £750 for BA flights via Celebrity and this includes transfers to Miami airport and a day hotel. If you state your airport is Manchester, a flight down and back to LHR will be included.

The cost of the airfare will however be more expensive the closer to sail date that you book.

Because I have linked my BA flights to Avios, I have enough air miles to book short haul flights.

Edited by upwarduk

I've never paid more than £750 for BA flights via Celebrity and this includes transfers to Miami airport and a day hotel. If you state your airport is Manchester, a flight down and back to LHR will be included.

The cost of the airfare will however be more expensive the closer to sail date that you book.

Because I have linked my BA flights to Avios, I have enough air miles to book short haul flights.

Must add my price of £1046 was for both of us £523 each we paid £95 Hotel and £16 Transfer = Total each £578.50

Just searched and found MAN to MIA 1 stop £673 5.11.16 - 19.11.16 Iberia

Edited by snowyboy

We actually agree with Phil on the B to B issue....which is one reason that we have booked the 14 day Celebrity itinerary (now being done on the Eclipse) for quite a few years (going again in 2 days). We have friends who actually take this 14 day cruise several times a year because they enjoy the itinerary and 14 days without any back to back nonsense. We actually tend to stay on the ship in a few of the ports...depending on our mood :). The true 14 day itinerary allows for more southern Caribbean ports without any of the hassles of the turn-around day. We have also taken the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan...and had some issues with the crowd on that particular cruise. Rhere were just too many children/teens running amok on the ship (many seemed to be from a culture that did not believe in controlling young boys) which made the pool deck somewhat unpleasant during the day....and had the ship's 2 security men running themselves ragged trying to take the parental role (totally ignored by the real parents).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

You asked about shops? We have been on the Eclipse twice and very much enjoy the ship (though we are in our 50s). From what I can remember, the shops are a ladies boutique, a handbag shop, a sunglass / lower end watch shop, a costume jewllery shop, a general shop (bits and bobs you may have forgotten) and a duty free shop (drink and cigarettes) on one deck. On the next deck up is the jewellery boutique (fine jewellery and watches), perfume / make up shop and a gents shop. I may have forgotten one and also our last trip was a TA in 2014 and I believe the Eclipse has been into dry dock since then and so the shops may have changed.

Edited by downsmead

Thanks guys does sound good, i think we would go on it if it comes up, most days off the ship anyway, i couldnt stay on ship in any port though :d

LOL. Ok, we will explain our previous comment. Yes, DW and I do sometimes stay on ships in port. In fact, on the Dec 2014 Eclipse cruise we only got off the ship at 1 port (out of 9). But this is not because we dislike the ports.... It is simply because we have been to all those islands many times, and if we do get off it is only to go to our favorite beach for the day (except in St Maarten where we might shop). But while going to the beach is always fun, it is also fun to just stay on the ship where it is not crowded, we have an unlimited drink package, there is plenty of food (at no additional cost), etc. So the truth is that when we are in the Caribbean we sometimes stay on the ship because we are just too darn lazy to walk off.

Hank

Thanks guys does sound good, i think we would go on it if it comes up, most days off the ship anyway, i couldnt stay on ship in any port though :d

LOL. Ok, we will explain our previous comment. Yes, DW and I do sometimes stay on ships in port. In fact, on the Dec 2014 Eclipse cruise we only got off the ship at 1 port (out of 9). But this is not because we dislike the ports.... It is simply because we have been to all those islands many times, and if we do get off it is only to go to our favorite beach for the day (except in St Maarten where we might shop). But while going to the beach is always fun, it is also fun to just stay on the ship where it is not crowded, we have an unlimited drink package, there is plenty of food (at no additional cost), etc. So the truth is that when we are in the Caribbean we sometimes stay on the ship because we are just too darn lazy to walk off.

And going to our beaches can be a pain. For example, on Antigua we often go to Darkwood Beach. But getting there means walking from the ship through town to the bus station, waiting for the next bus, taking the bus for about 20-30 min until we get to Darkwood, getting off the bus and walking through the cafe/bar...negotiating a deal for chairs, etc etc. On the other hand we could walk up one deck, grab just about any lounger we want, drink all we want, eat all we want.......you get my drift?

Hank

We started cruising in 1994, when we did a 3 day cruise from Cyprus to Israel and Egypt. We continued selecting our cruises by itinerary until we sailed Celebrity to Alaska in 2003. We then realised that Celebrity was for us and have mainly sailed with them ever since. However our next cruise is back to itinerary driven, although it's with a company under the RCCL umbrella ( our Celebrity points are transferable for status and perks)