Hotel near port in miami with shuttle service from airport and to port

sims1

You won't find it. If you want a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and to the port, you'll be staying out at the airport with very little around you. If you stay downtown near the port, you'll be taking a cab to the pier. No downtown hotel shuttles to the port because if they did, that's all they would be doing all weekend long. A cab to the port of Miami should run you around $15.00 or so.

Try not to concentrate on the shuttle and choose a nice, safe hotel. Miami is fabulous but the airport area is not. ;)

As mentioned above, only a few of the budget options (La Quinta East and Springhill Suites Medical center) plus the MIA embassy Suites offer both port and airport shuttles.

Taxi from MIA to downtown Miami hotels should run about $24-26+tip and another $10-15 cab gets you to POM the next day. Check out the Hyatt, Doubletree, Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell.

For about $32 you can taxi to South Beach :D with lots of boutique hotels plus wonderful nightlife. Taxi from SB to POM is about $15+

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have any opinions of the Best Western On the Bay (North Bay Village)? They offer a Cruiseport Package where you get an airport shuttle to the hotel the day of check-in, and a drop-off at the Port of Miami on your check-out day.

Not the most central hotel but it looks like the Metro Rail Orange line goes past there so easy access to SB.

Metro Rail Orange line goes past there so easy access to SB

hmmm ... how do you figure this? MetroRail does not go out to South Beach ... MetroRail does not run to Miami Beach at all, unless you transfer to a bus . . .

MetroRail goes to the south side of Miami including 'South Miami' .... NOT the same thing as South Miami Beach

Edited by Capt_BJ

While doing research for Miami hotels, we came across the Springhill Suites Downtown Medical Center. It offered both an airport shuttle and a shuttle to the port. The hotel is 5 minutes from the port and also offers a courtesy shuttle over to Bayside or other close-by areas for dining or shopping.

This would have been our choice but we ended up finding a flight into FLL and stayed there.

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-info/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/cruise-port-of-miami/7g8gyto/home-page.mi

Good luck to you and have a great cruise.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Metro Rail Orange line goes past there so easy access to SB

hmmm ... how do you figure this? MetroRail does not go out to South Beach ... MetroRail does not run to Miami Beach at all, unless you transfer to a bus . . .

MetroRail goes to the south side of Miami including 'South Miami' .... NOT the same thing as South Miami Beach

Oops, I was looking at a transit map, and according to the colour key, it looked like a rail line in that direction :-). I stand corrected, thank you!

I would still be interested in hearing any opinions of this hotel and the cruise deal.

There are hotels that offer shuttles and packages. Look at the ones in the blue lagoon area if you don't like the other two mentioned. Nice chains.

You are really putting yourself "out there" to stay at that best Western. You are over a half hour from the airport and then to the port too, I'd guess if not longer. :o I don't know what you are looking for but that certainly wouldn't be my choice.

Downtown hotels will have you to the port in 10 minutes. And you can look at water from those if that's what you want.

Why are you attracted to that B.W. hotel? Price? Points?

Edited by eandj

There are hotels that offer shuttles and packages. Look at the ones in the blue lagoon area if you don't like the other two mentioned. Nice chains.

You are really putting yourself "out there" to stay at that best Western. You are over a half hour from the airport and then to the port too, I'd guess if not longer. :o I don't know what you are looking for but that certainly wouldn't be my choice.

Downtown hotels will have you to the port in 10 minutes. And you can look at water from those if that's what you want.

Why are you attracted to that B.W. hotel? Price? Points?

Mainly just looking for the convenience of the shuttles from the airport and to the port. It's just for overnight before a cruise. I figured we could just take transit to South Beach or the Bayfront area. Hotels in Miami are depressingly expensive :-(

Thanks for the input. We aren't cruising until next year so there is plenty of time to look at other options.

If you choose to stay near the airport and then want to visit SB or downtown (Bayside or Mary Brickell and surrounding areas) you should plan on spending at least $50+ in r/t cab fare (closer to $70+ for SB).

If that is where you want to hang out before cruise you are better off IMHO staying closer or maybe rethinking your plans (have you considered Coconut Grove?). When do you cruise?:confused:

John is correct...again.;)

To book that hotel or any that far away for the "convenience" of a shuttle really isn't going to save you money if you want to see other areas. If you end up paying $50 for cabs to Bayside or South Beach, I'd consider adding that 50 to the room rate and staying downtown where you can find things to do and go. Tell us when you are traveling and we can offer the best valued choices.

We stayed at the Catalina near the beach on Collins ave, a hopping boutique hotel. It had an airport shuttle, but not a port shuttle. The taxi to port was cheap enough. I figure if im going to have to pay either way, why not make the most of Miami and get away from the airport?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

JohninDC...Do you have any information/opinion about the Courtyard by Marriott at MIA? They have an airport shuttle and we paid a little higher room rate to include port transportation and breakfast.....

JohninDC...Do you have any information/opinion about the Courtyard by Marriott at MIA? They have an airport shuttle and we paid a little higher room rate to include port transportation and breakfast.....

Sorry - not familiar with the hotel. We usually cannot get out early enough to enjoy Miami and wind up staying in the Blue Lagoon area; compare your hotel to the Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites. Good luck! :)