Bagels but no cream cheese?

CheapIrish

Just got off the 4 night QV cruise. I'm curious whether it's standard practice for Cunard to have bagels available at breakfast but no cream cheese? I know this sounds like like a small thing, but I found it odd.

Now maybe there was cream cheese available, but the servers I asked didn't know. We found a lot of the crew fairly clueless about simple things like directions and what was available. Many of them were new aboard too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was the cream cheese on cucumber slices?

The reason I ask is that on X they had Bagels and Lox, but never cream cheese. I finally asked why there was no cream cheese and the chef told me I had to take the cream cheese off the sliced cucumber.

To this day I find it so odd. He told me it was the way the rest of the world (non USA) did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is very surprising to hear. I think you had a new waiter. Or didn't give the kitchen an order to setup a complete dish.

On the QM2, below is copied from the Breakfast Menu from the Britannia Restaurant.

"Toasted Bagel with Smoked Salmon, Crème Cheese, Red Onion & Capers" a typical setup from the kitchen.

This is what I always order and always have placed in front of me. Sometimes they place on the dish Chopped Egg Whites and Chopped Egg Yolks.

Sorry you missed out one of my favorite dishes.

For sure, all 3 Queens have individual packs of cream cheese available in the kitchens, and available in the Lido/King Court buffet set up. Usually, the big bowls containing the cream cheese packs would be in the same area as the butter packs, jam and jelly packs in their bowls. Just ask one of the wait staff or the captains in the black suits to get you some.

My latest cruises were on QM2 in April, 2017 and QE in March, 2017.

Edited by tangoll
Added last sentence.

I've lost count of the breakfasts when I order a Bagel & Cream cheese topped off with a little smoked salmon ! It's always available across the fleet on Cunard, either in the main restaurant or self service buffet.

If in the Lido or Kings Court, yes, one may need to 'Look Around for the Cheese & Salmon' as the bagels are usually adjacent to the toasters.

We found a lot of the crew fairly clueless about simple things like directions and what was available. Many of them were new aboard too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Clueless. This is survivable re the cream cheese but it does make me wonder about the fabled White Star Service and particularly the level of safety training of crew who can't give directions to passengers.

David