Cellar Masters

nyfeds

We are cruising on Eclipse in August and are Aqua. Do we have access to Cellar Masters? Is there a charge? If we have a Premium beverage package, will that work in there?

Thanks!

We just got off Eclipse Saturday. Everyone has access, yes you can use Premium Pkg...as long as you stay within your price range. Not very busy on this cruise...we liked the quiet and always being able to find a seat/table to relax.

We are cruising on Eclipse in August and are Aqua. Do we have access to Cellar Masters? Is there a charge? If we have a Premium beverage package, will that work in there?

Thanks!

Everyone has access, it is just another bar that specializes in wine. Any by the glass $13 and under will be covered by the Premium pkg.

Are there any wines in Cellar Masters covered by the Classic Bev Package?

The wine waiter will go to the Martini Bar to obtain wines or indeed any drinks within the classic package. At least that has been our experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Here is how Cellar Masters looks after the refit on Eclipse

1a17b25fcb0a30064eea46672ec871c8.jpg0a3a25692e1db89279399ad49696d5fb.jpg

42a0cbf937ca6e80a8014804f746672c.jpg

The great thing about the premium package is the ability to get some great wines for just a couple of bucks.. Ie Foley vineyards Pinot noir will sell for 18.00 per glass, ,minus the premium 13.00, you get one of the premiere pinots in California for the 5.00 difference. As you can tell, we do enjoy some CA wines....

Thanks for the excellent replies to my inquiry. We will be sure to check Cellar Masters out on Eclipse.

Sonoma Fans, We, too, enjoy California wines/Pinots. I believe you are on our roll call for next month :) Looking forward to our cruise and meeting all on our roll call.

The great thing about the premium package is the ability to get some great wines for just a couple of bucks.. Ie Foley vineyards Pinot noir will sell for 18.00 per glass, ,minus the premium 13.00, you get one of the premiere pinots in California for the 5.00 difference. As you can tell, we do enjoy some CA wines....

Hi , Can you tell me which Foley Pinot -- ( hoping its not the Rita Hills?)

Good Day All,

Last night the DW and I were talking about our upcoming cruise and the topic of Cellar Masters came up. Truthfully we don't drink enough to warrant even considering a drinks package, but we do like wine. The question that came up was how do you pay? Do you purchase a special card with a certain amount applied? If this is the case what happens to the funds that aren't used; or do you use your sea pass and the charge is billed to your account?

We'd appreciate any assistance.

Regards,

rnr

Upcoming Solstice trip, and I would soooo love to see the Cellar Masters wine list, or any current 2015 wine list from Celebrity for that matter. I've heard that Arno published one, but have had trouble locating it.

Thanks in advance, Lisa

.....of the cellar masters wine list; published by Arno on his Reflection trip earlier this year.

If anyone has any other info on wine/wine lists for any of the Celebrity ships, please post here. And yes, the Foley Pinot is Santa Rita Hills. Definitely a nice wine, but bordering on the sweet side for my taste.

I've seen the classic package wine list and as another poster declared, there isn't a pinot in sight. I have no idea what is included in the premium package for pinots.

I have now packed my two bottles: a Sonoma Coast and a Santa Lucia Pinot. Those will get me through four days, as I will be traveling without DH and will be drinking alone. :eek:

Last time I cruised without DH I could have stretched a bottle for three days, but by day three it wasn't tasting all that great even though I brought my stoppers and wine pump.

.....of the cellar masters wine list; published by Arno on his Reflection trip earlier this year.

If anyone has any other info on wine/wine lists for any of the Celebrity ships, please post here. And yes, the Foley Pinot is Santa Rita Hills. Definitely a nice wine, but bordering on the sweet side for my taste.

I've seen the classic package wine list and as another poster declared, there isn't a pinot in sight. I have no idea what is included in the premium package for pinots.

I have now packed my two bottles: a Sonoma Coast and a Santa Lucia Pinot. Those will get me through four days, as I will be traveling without DH and will be drinking alone. :eek:

Last time I cruised without DH I could have stretched a bottle for three days, but by day three it wasn't tasting all that great even though I brought my stoppers and wine pump.

Good move bringing the Pinot yourself . You will be disappointed in the Pinot offered that is included in the Premium Package - from memory the entry level Kendall Jackson (?) or similar ? You can pay the upcharge to improve the quality ... but thats another story.:(

Good Day All,

Last night the DW and I were talking about our upcoming cruise and the topic of Cellar Masters came up. Truthfully we don't drink enough to warrant even considering a drinks package, but we do like wine. The question that came up was how do you pay? Do you purchase a special card with a certain amount applied? If this is the case what happens to the funds that aren't used; or do you use your sea pass and the charge is billed to your account?

Regards,

rnr

Order a glass of wine at the Cellar Master, pay with your seapass card. Everything you purchase on board shows up on your sea pass. I know in the past they had a wine card you could purchase in Cellar Masters to use with their wine tasting machines. But I think they have removed those machines, other might have the answer for sure.

I enjoy Cellar Masters for a quiet place to have a glass of port after dinner and before the show.

I will ask the server to suggest whatever port they would recommend and is covered by the Premium package.

Also, they have some very good craft beers.

Good Day All,

Regards,

rnr

Paying in Cellar Masters is the same as all the other bars around the ship.

It will be charged against your cabin account.

Thanks for the responses. I did look into the premium package for the DW and I. For our cruise that came out to over $2000. I know that covers coffees, and waters, and soda's beside drinks. Holy cow that's a lot of jack.

Good move bringing the Pinot yourself . You will be disappointed in the Pinot offered that is included in the Premium Package - from memory the entry level Kendall Jackson (?) or similar ? You can pay the upcharge to improve the quality ... but thats another story.:(

Thanks, hammo;

I am familiar with the KD pinot, and would much prefer something a bit nicer. That is the whole idea of my posts: to find a current wine-by-the-glass wine list and even the bottle that would let me know what is offered. I could even bring four bottles if needed, but since I already have the classic package as part of my cruise fare, it would seem imprudent to not check into what is available. I'm gonna get to your country someday, and will enjoy discovering all that Australia has to offer.

• 1 month later...

I am curious to know what some of the better, most premium wines by the glass are available at Cellar Masters on Summit?

Arno's wine list covers the very extensive available for purchase by the bottle...but wouldn't have covered the wines by the glass, because he was on Reflection and we had the wine machines to provide something like 100 wines by the glass...there was no list: you bought a card and served yourself (1/4, 1/2, or full 6 oz glasses).

Edited by soxfan2013

Here is a list from 2013. They don't tend to change too often and it will give you an idea.

Thanks for posting. I dont think the list has changed much but the prices have. The Honig was $16 in June this year.