Travel time to Sagrada Familia

Nanner

We dock at 8 AM, and plan to take a taxi to La Sagrada Familia and work our way back. About how long will it take for us to get to the church from the port area? I want to purchase tickets in advance, and would like an approximate idea of the travel time. Thanks!

We dock at 8 AM, and plan to take a taxi to La Sagrada Familia and work our way back. About how long will it take for us to get to the church from the port area? I want to purchase tickets in advance, and would like an approximate idea of the travel time. Thanks!

It is about 20 minutes. That said, you have to factor traffic (unless it is a Sunday) and getting a taxi promptly at the pier along with getting off the ship efficiently. Mon-Fri I would add 5-10 minutes for traffic to be safe.

It is about 20 minutes. That said, you have to factor traffic (unless it is a Sunday) and getting a taxi promptly at the pier along with getting off the ship efficiently. Mon-Fri I would add 5-10 m

inutes for traffic to be safe.[/q

What would be the approximate cost of the taxi from the pier to the church be? Thanks.

The Metro is easy and has a stop at La Sagrada Familia, if you wish to consider a cheaper option.

True, but the Metro does not have a stop near the pier :). One can certainly take the 20-30 min walk from the pier to the nearest Metro Station and save some money, or take an hour and walk all the way to Sagrada Familia (we did this once). On the other hand, some folks would prefer to spend their money to save lots of time and their energy :).

Hank

The first entrance time is 9am. I would not buy tickets before 9:30am. The ship does not always clear customs quickly. But, they give you a 30 min leeway.

I also think that this is a safe approach. The 20 minute taxi time is close to best case and this gives you some room for the realities of getting from the ship to La Sagrada.

True, but the Metro does not have a stop near the pier :). One can certainly take the 20-30 min walk from the pier to the nearest Metro Station and save some money, or take an hour and walk all the way to Sagrada Familia (we did this once). On the other hand, some folks would prefer to spend their money to save lots of time and their energy :).

Hank

Or, take the provided shuttles from the pier to the Columbus Monument, then a short walk to the metro stop, maybe 5 minutes, very easy. :D There is a fee for the shuttles (3 euro round trip), so the balance between cost and time depends on the number in your party and your plans for the remainder of the day.

• 1 month later...

We took a taxi from the ship to Columbus Circle. We then walked the rest of the way. I thought it was an enjoyable walk of about 1 or 1 1/2 hour. I thought it was an excellent way to go because it is a nice walk and see things along the way. A couple other Gaudi sites are on the way if you plan your walking trip correctly.