In what year was your best Carnival cruise?

CruzCrazy

Year: 1992

Ship: Ecstasy

Number of Carnival Cruises: 32

Sailing since: 1992

Dinner in the dining room was more upscale and elaborate. Cheese platter carried around table by waiter, flaming baked Alaska parade, waiters had time to talk to their cruisers at their tables, always served from the right (no reaching across the table etc.).

Entertainment was top notch.

Liquor/drink prices were much more reasonable.

Breakfast buffet at 1 a.m. Great after a night out dancing in the disco.

I would have to say our B2B in Oct/Nov in 2007 was our best cruise. Our son was working on the Valor as a DJ. We were given crew badges and could go anywhere on the ship. If a crew member has relatives cruising on his/her ship they are permitted to dine with the relatives each night. He really enjoyed this because he didn't have to eat in the Crew Mess. The crew dining hall is nothing to brag about. Since they have an international crew they have to try to have food in there that is popular with as many of the crew as possible.

On the turnaround day we went on a speedboat ride in Miami. That was a lot of fun.

Incidentally, we were not allowed to collect points on these cruises because we were given a really good price on it.

Our son got burned out on cruising after working for Carnival for 3 years. He met the sister of a comedian on the Valor and they got married. They invited all members of the families to go on a cruise with them on their honeymoon. It was great.

We are going on the Breeze in May and are really looking forward to it.

Asked DH & he agreed! 2011 on Destiny. We've sailed Destiny 4 times, but that time was awesome. We saw an incredible comedy show two nights before, took an extra day before the cruise in Ft. Lauderdale, which gave us some extra chill time to distance ourselves from work. Also, we weren't platinum yet and were upgraded to a suite, so we had priority boarding, etc. anyway. It was the perfect cruise!:)

Out of 5 Carnival cruises, it is a toss up between the first one in 2000 on the Sensation, and the forth one on the Liberty in 2009.

The first one because it was my first solo cruise, and also I met some of the nicest people on that cruise at my dinner table, but the best would have to be on the Liberty in 2009, which I took with my mother. We had a blast, and despite getting a sour group of table mates at dinner, ( they went poof after the third night ), we had the best wait staff of all time. We loved the ship, and the colored lights in the atrium. We enjoyed our ports of call (including a great tour in Ocho Rios ), and a swim in the ocean in Cozumel which miraculously cured my pulled muscle. So much more, but it was one spectacular week.:)

Two cruises are memorable for similar reasons. Tropicale in May 1994 for our 20th anniversary and the Elation out of Los Angeles in September 2001. Both times we had a great bunch of table mates. We met every night for pre-dinner cocktails, saved each other seats for all the shows, did all the shore excursions together and never stopped laughing the entire week.

I'm hoping 2014 :). I've sailed Carnival in 2005, 2007, and 2011 and have yet to be impressed. The first two were free/almost free and the 3rd was my honeymoon. I kinda swore off Carnival but the Breeze has lured me back. Just seems like a ship we will enjoy.

Can I answer after Thanksgiving? :-)

You'll love the Breeze. I was on it in June 2013. No complaints at all my kids loved it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

2011 was the best year so far. I took my first cruise that January and became hooked! I loved it so much we went back for another one a few months later :)

My first cruise with my hubby was in Jan 2011 as well. We were on the Sensation. We were hooked after that and are now

Going on our 5th cruise godwilling:p

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

2002 - Conquest. The kids were at that perfect age for a cruise. Corey Schmidt was the CD and Chris Jefferson was assistant CD so they were a fantastic team and were great with the kids. We've had several since, but that was the best one.

2013 Carnival Sunshine on the Med in Europe

10 cruises

One of the most amazing trips of my life. I can't wait to explore more of Europe bc of it (and hope Carnival goes back in 2015).

Edited by Jenna1983