In what year was your best Carnival cruise?

CruzCrazy

There are lots of reasons to think of a particular cruise as your favorite--lots of them could be considered sentimental reasons--like it was your honeymoon, your anniversary, the last cruise you took with your whole family together, graduation, etc.

However, if we put sentiment aside and just think about the actual ship experience (food, ambiance, entertainment, accommodations, service, ports) on a Carnival cruise, what ship and what year would that be in your opinion?

I think it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks, particularly about the year. It could be very revealing as far as CCL goes, but we'll see.

I'll start the list. It was hard to pick between a couple, but here goes:

Year: 2012

Ship: Liberty

Number of Carnival Cruises: 10

Sailing since: 2000

Does anybody else want to chime in? This is just for fun, nothing scientific :)

2009 - our first CARNIVAL cruise out of Port Canaveral. Loved how they threw beach balls around and had acrobats to entertain the people waiting in the terminal. Not sure if this is just a Port Canaveral thing as that is the only time we sailed out of there or just cutbacks on future cruises.

Ship: Glory, not my favorite but enjoyed it.

Our first Hawaiian cruise on the Spirit in 2004 was the very best cruise ever. Entertainment was over-the-top great with Tribute to the Temptations 50s doo-wop and our comedian was Nipsy Russell! They offered ballroom dance lessons with dancing every afternoon; fantastic instructors with the showband for music. Our cruise director had a coffee chat every day, taking questions and feedback. The midnight buffet (yes, back when there was one) was at 11pm due to the older demographic on our cruise. This was during the window of time when Carnival food was excellent and we had fantastic dinner companions. Oh, Hawaii was wonderful, too. Best cruise ever.

My very first cruise. Carnival Conquest 2005 a month after Hurricane Katrina destroyed New Orleans. We left from Galveston only to find out that we were going to spend two extra days at sea because Hurricane Rita closed the port.

We had an unplanned stopped in Costa Maya, our seas were as calm as a plate of glass and the sun was shining. It was the best cruise ever and I have been on 16 other cruises since.

Of course the devastation waiting for us when we finally got home is horrible.

I will always remember our Christmas cruise on the Celebration 1999. A true family cruise. My two sons and my sister-in-law and her son. Five of us in one stateroom. Yes, it was a tight fit with a fifteen, eleven, and seven year old, but we would not change anything for the experience.

The year was 1999 and world was up in "arms" whether computers were going to continue to work in 2000 :eek:... and I guess booking was slow. We booked a seven day cruise for five for under $2000.

Being on Seven Mile Beach on Christmas Day was fantastic with a Steel Band playing Christmas Music. Fun times!

In about 40 days time, we'll be embarking on Carnival Cruise No. 9

and we expect it to be as good as the other eight.

Will let you know when it gets to be unbearable :D

I had an MPF = Mad Passing Fancy, last night...

that I might book NCL Breakaway out of Manhattan in the Fall

but was brought up sharp when I started reading the dismal NCL inside cabin dimensions/areas! :eek:

Sheesh, the lowest grade inside I ever had on Carnival (4C)

is a whopping 185 sq. ft.

and I don't intend to do with less.

Cabin2314-598.jpg

Carnival's generous cabin sizes keep me coming back for decent value for the $$

-and for more punishment. :D

Ship: Liberty

March 2012

First Family cruise

Everything was fantasic: ports, weather, service, crew, fellow shipmates.

Unfortunately, we arrived late into Miami due to a medical evacuation, and propulsion issues.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

I'm hoping 2014 :). I've sailed Carnival in 2005, 2007, and 2011 and have yet to be impressed. The first two were free/almost free and the 3rd was my honeymoon. I kinda swore off Carnival but the Breeze has lured me back. Just seems like a ship we will enjoy.

Can I answer after Thanksgiving? :-)

Ohh, that's a very hard question...

2008 my husband and I sailed to Panama on the Liberty for our 20th anniversary, that was wonderful. Then for my daughters 16th birthday we sailed to Belize and went cave tubing and zip lining on the Glory, that was a great trip, then in 2011 we were on the Liberty again and stopped at Jamaica (dunns river falls) and loved it. But then last summer we were on the Dream in a cloud 9 spa stateroom for our 25th anniversary on the Dream! That was incredible! Now this year were back on the dream, back in a spa stateroom for the relocation trip to NOLA! It stops in Aruba, which will be a first for us and I've never been to NOLA either! Can't wait!!

I have two that were best for different reasons:

1. Carnival Triumph millennium 10-day cruise over the last days of 1999 and beginning days of 2000. Five ports and five sea days. If y2k was real and everything quit working, what do I care, I'm floating around the Caribbean. John Heald was our CD.

2. Carnival Breeze last Nov. With all the food & entertainment choices, it was our favorite by far. (we'll see in March how Carnival Sunshine compares)

DH and I have been cruising since 2004. While every cruise has been fun, some have been better than others. My favorite two (actually three) have been the Freedom in 2011, and our B2B on the Destiny in 2012. By then I knew how to plan in advance and there were few surprises.

Total number of cruises--12 for me and 11 for DH

I've learned that I don't like sailing out of Galveston after November--too cold and foggy. :p

Edited by txmom11