Cartegena

cruisetilidrop

As usual CruiserBruce has it right.

Whether you are on a ships tour or a private tour you want to be aware of your surroundings but I would not be anymore concern with a private tour of this beautiful city relative to a ships tour.

Keith

I had a lot of misconceptions about Cartagena :rolleyes:

Grubby & unsafe streets, drugs barons' mansions protected by high walls & armed guards, bales of drugs being hauled through the streets, gun battles between drugs dealers on every corner, etc :eek:

The reality is very very different. A very pleasant & attractive city, felt safe everywhere. We took a private pre-booked tour, essential for some outlying sights, but included a lot of free time in the old part of the city. Charming & hospitable people.

No worries :cool:

JB :)

• 2 months later...

Yep. That's the place!

Dora was very responsive and has sent email instructions regarding meeting up with her. We're looking forward to the cruise and the tour in Cartagena. We haven't met the others in our group but they are in our roll call thread. One person booked the tour and then let the roll call know there was room for 3 more couples. I checked out the web site and reviews on CC and jumped on it. :)

Edited by Thrak

• 4 weeks later...

The tour with Dora was fine. She beat the rush of busses to La Popa and we were just finishing there when the bus insanity arrived. She had the driver park in a good "getaway" spot so we weren't trapped there. At each stop the driver stayed with the van so it was completely safe to leave bags, etc in the van if desired. The tour was well organized and Dora was obviously well known. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her services.

The tour with Dora was fine. She beat the rush of busses to La Popa and we were just finishing there when the bus insanity arrived. She had the driver park in a good "getaway" spot so we weren't trapped there. At each stop the driver stayed with the van so it was completely safe to leave bags, etc in the van if desired. The tour was well organized and Dora was obviously well known. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her services.

Thanks so much for your reply. I am going to contact her for April, 2016.

Thank for your review of Dora's tour. Looking forward to taking it.

Yes, would love to know also how it went. What type of tour your took, etc. I am subscribed to this thread.

We are also going in April, 2016.:)

I am researching April Panama Canal cruises - may I ask which ship you are on?

Thanks again. I contacted Dora and I am all set for our Coral cruise in April. She was very responsive and within 12 hours I had all the info I needed, booked and then Dora confirmed.:):)

Edited by Northender