Royal Princess Info

paddingtonbear

Hi

I keep finding references to the "Everything Royal" thread. Unfortunately, I can't find it in a search. Can someone who is more computer literate than me (not difficult unfortunately) please give me a link to it?

I am interested in what levels to look at and which balcony cabins are good. Since there are so many of them this doesn't look like it is a difficult task but I still want to choose a couple of good decks so I can have a choice of available cabins.

The 'Everything Royal Princess' thread - at a staggering 296 pages and over 5900+ posts - is not going to be your best source for the information you're seeking, but here is a link to it anyway:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1766069

Now, if you have questions or specific criteria for choosing a cabin location it would help us a lot better in helping you, than you sorting through that thread.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

The 'Everything Royal Princess' thread - at a staggering 296 pages and over 5900+ posts - is not going to be your best source for the information you're seeking, but here is a link to it anyway:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1766069

Now, if you have questions or specific criteria for choosing a cabin location it would help us a lot better in helping you, than you sorting through that thread.

Thanks so much for the link I don't know why I couldn't find it in a search. I am looking forward to reading about the ship!

Being an obsessive planner I am narrowing the cabin choice pretty well just reading everyone's posts, thank you.

I didn't want it to sound like I was blowing you off, however depending on the type and location of accommodations – inside, balcony, mini-suite, suite, h/c accessible, amidship, forward or aft, close to the pools or showrooms - can generate a wide variety of suggestions.

And I know you asked about balcony, but location preferences - mine being amidship - differ from person to person. There are lots of balconies, lots of decks, and lots of options. ;)

Edited by dmwnc1959

I had E703 on the Royal for my 17-day trans-Atlantic cruise in September. IMHO, the "700" obstructed view balcony cabins are the best balcony deal on the ship. They aren't obstructed, very easy access to Promenade deck, very quiet and among the cheapest balcony cabins. I loved the location (and price) and can't think of a single "con."

I had E703 on the Royal for my 17-day trans-Atlantic cruise in September. IMHO, the "700" obstructed view balcony cabins are the best balcony deal on the ship. They aren't obstructed, very easy access to Promenade deck, very quiet and among the cheapest balcony cabins. I loved the location (and price) and can't think of a single "con."

Hi Pam,

They are all gone!

Can someone please tell me what the concierge lounge is on level 14 of the Royal Princess? IT is next to the wedding chapel. Would the cabins below on level 12 be quiet?

Can someone please tell me what the concierge lounge is on level 14 of the Royal Princess? IT is next to the wedding chapel. Would the cabins below on level 12 be quiet?

If there are any interior cabins below the Concierge Lounge they will be quiet. Balcony cabins on deck 12 will be unaffected.

See this recent thread on the Concierge Lounge...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2196677

Pam, what is the 'obstruction' in these cabins? - Susan

Hi Pam,

They are all gone!

Its for suites guests only, shouldn't be any noise.

Hi

Can anyone tell me if any of the pools on the Royal are long enough to be used for laps in the early morning? If so what time would they start to be used by sun lovers on the British Isles Cruises? Does anyone ever use them to do laps?

Edited by paddingtonbear

Hi

Can anyone tell me if any of the pools on the Royal are long enough to be used for laps in the early morning? If so what time would they start to be used by sun lovers on the British Isles Cruises? Does anyone ever use them to do laps?

The 2 main pools would be the only ones and they are not that big. imo

Hi

Can anyone tell me if any of the pools on the Royal are long enough to be used for laps in the early morning?

Because the Retreat pool has sloping handrails and stairs that descend into the pool, I don't believe it would be adequate or safe for attempting laps.

The main pool is unobstructed on either end, although I can't tell you it's length and whether laps could be accomplished.

Retreat Pool (note sloping access rails and stairs, forward end)

11205727993_5113cd66bc_c.jpg

Main Pool (side picture showing length)

11205472133_ef9f4dfc69_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Pam, what is the 'obstruction' in these cabins? - Susan

Here is the view - looking forward - from cabin E716. The lifeboats you see, and the proximity of your balcony to those boats, is the 'obstruction': the cabins closest to them will have the most obstruction, but only when looking forward. The view looking out, and aft, is not obstructed.

One thing to be concerned about would be the location of the cabin in relation to being over the Vista Lounge, and whatever noise would come from there during practices and performances.

View from E716 looking fwd

11270337634_6eed4f10a0_c.jpg

The Emerald Deck (lowest balcony deck visible in the picture) "700-numbered cabins" start just aft of the last lifeboat...

Aft starboard of Royal Princess

11543181955_b0aa02d187_c.jpg

View from aft stbd promenade looking fwd

(the 700-numbered cabins are above and aft of you in this picture, as well as forward towards the lifeboats)

11257926326_56104a12d8_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Because the Retreat pool has sloping handrails and stairs that descend into the pool, I don't believe it would be adequate or safe for attempting laps.

The main pool is unobstructed on either end, although I can't tell you it's length and whether laps could be accomplished.

The main pool looks fine. My DH is going to have to do laps on the cruise to counter act the food!

It is a really port intensive cruise so he'd have to be up early to swim. Very interesting to see how he goes. Thank you very much.

Hi

A few newby questions:

On the Royal around the British Isles I assume it might get a bit rough so I've narrowed the choice of cabin down to mid aft or mid forward. Are both the same for comfort at sea if it's a bit rough?

Is deck 10 ok or is higher up better for comfort at sea and proximity to things? Or are decks 9-14 pretty much the same?

Level 10 available opposite interior cabins other levels mostly opposite lifts, laundry, the divider between sections etc

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by paddingtonbear

Hi

Never had an issue with rough seas around UK,

wind has been an issue, missed Guernsey as its an open water anchorage,

been late in to Dublin a few times,

Emerald and a few other ships have been trapped in port before but this has been last cruise of the season,

as such cabin location not a bit issue for me,

might visit either Edinburgh or Greenock do you know what you are doing these days

PS Snow and ice forecast for next week but only on high ground

yours Shogun

Hi

A few newby questions:

On the Royal around the British Isles I assume it might get a bit rough so I've narrowed the choice of cabin down to mid aft or mid forward. Are both the same for comfort at sea if it's a bit rough?

Is deck 10 ok or is higher up better for comfort at sea and proximity to things? Or are decks 9-14 pretty much the same?

Level 10 available opposite interior cabins other levels mostly opposite lifts, laundry, the divider between sections etc

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've found that the higher I go, the more I'm affected by rough seas. On the Grand class ships, I have found that Plaza was the best for me. On the Royal, 10 is as high as I want to go, and then I stay mid-forward. Generally, the lower and more mid-ships you are, the better the ride.

Also, I have stayed near the lifts or the laundry on a few cruises and have never been bothered by noise. Sure, the bell dinging was audible, and people talking on the way back to their cabins happens no matter where your cabin is located.

Maureen