No more captain Morgan! What?!!

Cruising4me

We are on the pride & effective our sailing there is no more captain Morgan being served! Carnival is replacing it with Bacardi Oak Heart as the same! Definitely not! I hope they bring it back or we will have to sale another line!

Sharon

We are on the pride & effective our sailing there is no more captain Morgan being served! Carnival is replacing it with Bacardi Oak Heart as the same! Definitely not! I hope they bring it back or we will have to sale another line!

Sharon

Seriously?

You would choose another cruise line solely because they don't carry your brand of rum?

Color me incredulous -- and skeptical.:cool:

Seriously?

You would choose another cruise line solely because they don't carry your brand of rum?

Color me incredulous -- and skeptical.:cool:

I kind of agree but everyone has their thing. You have to admit, there have been far crazier things mentioned to no longer travel with Carnival.

I like Captain Morgan and will admit it would be a bummer if they no longer serve it on Carnival cruises but I'm sure I could find a satisfactory replacement from all they have to offer:)

Good luck to the OP!

Yuck! I just tried the Bacardi Oak Heart and didn't like it at all. I hope they aren't really getting rid of Captain Morgan..........

So far we have only found 1 bar that still has any left & we plan to finish it before the cruise is over! Lol!

That oak heart tastes like bourbon not rum!

I have a friend sailing right now on the Freedom. He called me from the ship on Sunday before sailing and told me Carnival is no longer serving Captain Morgan on any of their ships. He was upset because that's all he drinks...Captain Morgan and diet coke. He did find 1 bar that still had.a bottle left.

This has to be a falsehood?? Captain Morgan is one of the most popular liquor's out there? And yes, I would be the same as the original poster...if they no longer served it, I would seriously think twice to cruise Carnival again....that is the only thing my husband will drink.

This has to be a falsehood?? Captain Morgan is one of the most popular liquor's out there? And yes, I would be the same as the original poster...if they no longer served it, I would seriously think twice to cruise Carnival again....that is the only thing my husband will drink.

I am afraid it is true. My friend who is on the Freedom right now cruises Carnival all the time. He couldn't believe it when they told ohm that Carnival no longer carries Captain Morgan fleet wide. He spoke to the bar manager. The only good thing was that 1 bar still had a bottle.

There is a big difference in taste between captain morgan and bacardi. I have not tried the oak barrel but I am sure it's not the same. Sailor jerry tastes similar but I doubt they have that either. I am solely a Morgan drinker and don't drink beer. Guess I would save a lot of money by not buying drinks on the ship! So, thank you Carnival for that. But getting rid of Captain Morgan when you carry all sorts of other obscure liquors is silly in my opinion. Maybe they have a contract with the other liquor?

Wow! That's a real bummer. I can't believe that decision will last long unless Baccardi made an exclusivity offer that Carnival couldn't refuse.

FREE?

Neither do they stock PYRAT CASK, ZACAPA XO, ENGLISH HARBOUR 1981, FLOR DE CANNA etc

But Celebrity stocks ZACAPA 23, ZACAPA 15 and APPLETON 21, so if Rum governs your booking move to Celebrity! - Some nights they have 2 for one!

Welcome to my world. I drink Wild Turkey American Honey but can't get it on board. It doesn't ruin my cruise, and I can drink a fruity drink of the day when I'm out on lido, but not at night. I sip on a beer or two at night, but it's just not the same. I understand your pain if you can't get your beverage of choice. I know they can't stock every brand, so I try not to let it bother me. Captain Morgan, though....so popular. If they really are not stocking it anymore, I'm sure they'll hear plenty of complaints about this.

Sharon

Guess you'll have to anty up and buy several bottles through the BV to have in your room during the cruise....they still have it there....

Does Carnival carry Kraken black rum? I've had that instead of CM sometimes and it's tasty.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Don't know what's behind the bar, but they have the Goslings Black Seal in the Fun Shops...

Leaving in 4 days on the CONQUEST ...guess I'll find out what they have on Sunday....tempted to take some Pusser's British Navy or English Harbor 5 year...

They don't carry my brand of bourbon either but I don't sail for the bourbon... I will suffer though another bourbon and other drinks... I just love to cruise. If you go on the other lines just for the Captain Morgan ... it will cost a lot more. And the bacardi you are talking about is aged in a bourbon barrel I think... I've got a bottel of it at home and you are correct, it doesn't taste anything like Morgan, but I sure wouldn't turn my poor nose up at it. Just enjoy the cruise... happy sailing.

John Heald wrote: "its not so mate - please post this on the cruise critic site because I spoke to the VP of Bars and he confimed that we serve and will continue to two spiced rums, Bacardi Oakheart and Captain Morgan. Whoever said we are not is wrong. The end. cheers"