Breakaway Brings It!!!

camz

Please forget any negativity you may have read from the naysayers regarding the Beautiful Breakaway. I just disembarked from this beauty and have nothing but positives to say about this ship. The crew are extremely friendly and helpful. The ship is very user friendly for a ship of this size. Norwegian put a lot of thought into this ship and it shows. The Glow Party, shows, my favorite, Rock of Ages and fireworks are all amazing. Many options to choose for dining and snacks such as Carlos Bakery. Also, we took many plates of food back to the cabin at various times, from various locations and were never even given a frown. I know there has been recent scrutiny regarding this subject. As far as people indicating that NCL nickels and dimes, we were never approached to purchase anything. Again, options are there for your choosing, however, there is no pressure to purchase anything. Any questions, please fire away!!!

Agreed!!!

We had a great time. Speaking from the standpoint of a non-gambler, it seemed to me that the machines were pretty stingy. Though we were happily playing the penny machines when the guy playing a $1 machine hit for $5,000. I don't have any idea how much he was playing or anything more but it was pretty exciting.

What kind of cabin question do you have? We were in an aft facing balcony cabin on Deck 12. We did not participate in trivia games. However, I did see many going on and I can check the Freestyle Daily for specific information if you would like. Just let me know.

We especially liked the mix of demographics on the ship....babies to 90 somethings. We are sometimes the youngest on some of the other cruise lines and we have 9 grandchildren. Age is a state of mind and being with younger people enhances one's vacation. Our group of 12 was 45 to 90 and we had a wonderful time.

What kind of cabin question do you have? We were in an aft facing balcony cabin on Deck 12. We did not participate in trivia games. However, I did see many going on and I can check the Freestyle Daily for specific information if you would like. Just let me know.

You were near us!

Please forget any negativity you may have read from the naysayers regarding the Beautiful Breakaway. I just disembarked from this beauty and have nothing but positives to say about this ship. The crew are extremely friendly and helpful. The ship is very user friendly for a ship of this size. Norwegian put a lot of thought into this ship and it shows. The Glow Party, shows, my favorite, Rock of Ages and fireworks are all amazing. Many options to choose for dining and snacks such as Carlos Bakery. Also, we took many plates of food back to the cabin at various times, from various locations and were never even given a frown. I know there has been recent scrutiny regarding this subject. As far as people indicating that NCL nickels and dimes, we were never approached to purchase anything. Again, options are there for your choosing, however, there is no pressure to purchase anything. Any questions, please fire away!!!

You said you brought plates of food from various places with no problem. Please name some places.

Friends of mine were also on this cruise and said it was by far the best vacation they have ever had. No nickel and dining at all. In fact, she said that yesterday she was trying to find something to spend her OBC on! If it were me, that wouldn't have been a problem at all.:D

Great to hear. Boarding the BA next week for the 3rd time. Love it.

Edited by MicheleRos

Also Debarked the Breakaway today and had an amazing time! Great shows, Great Food, Great Crew!! No Nickel and diming! Crew all seemed to be happy and all friendly. one of the best vacations I have ever taken!

I am so happy to hear that those of you who have just returned had such a great time!! Do you know whether they are once again honoring reservations for all of the shows? A CC member recently kindly posted Dailies, but it was unclear to me whether they were honoring reservations for all of the shows or just a few. Thanks in advance for any info!

I am so happy to hear that those of you who have just returned had such a great time!! Do you know whether they are once again honoring reservations for all of the shows? A CC member recently kindly posted Dailies, but it was unclear to me whether they were honoring reservations for all of the shows or just a few. Thanks in advance for any info!

Yes our Rock of Ages reservation made prior to the voyage was honored!! Great show!!

Yes our Rock of Ages reservation made prior to the voyage was honored!! Great show!!

Oh hooray! Thanks for responding. Now I will actually do the advance booking as it seems there might be a point in doing so :D.

Oh hooray! Thanks for responding. Now I will actually do the advance booking as it seems there might be a point in doing so :D.

No problem. If you think of any other information you may be interested it, please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks so much for your post. Welcome home and so glad to hear you had a great cruise.

Can't wait for our next trip on Breakaway!

Happy Sailing!

Thank you and I am glad you found my experience helpful.

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are booked on the Breakaway near the end of June. It's our first NCL cruise, so we had no idea of what to expect, and I was getting really concerned about all the comments. Glad to hear things are much better than others have reported:)

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are booked on the Breakaway near the end of June. It's our first NCL cruise, so we had no idea of what to expect, and I was getting really concerned about all the comments. Glad to hear things are much better than others have reported:)

You are very welcome! I too read negativity surrounding the Breakaway and as such, wanted to come back and report all the positives that we encountered. TBH, we really had no complaints whatsoever!! Hope you have as great a time in June on the Breakaway as we did. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to ask.

You are very welcome! I too read negativity surrounding the Breakaway and as such, wanted to come back and report all the positives that we encountered. TBH, we really had no complaints whatsoever!! Hope you have as great a time in June on the Breakaway as we did. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you!

From which restaurants did you take food to go? Were you in a Haven suite or a regular cabin?

We took food mostly from the buffet, also the uptown grill has a "to go" option, and we had a regular balcony. (camz and I are a couple)

Few questions for you!

1. How much were the drinks? By the pool? wondering if it's really worth the UDP considering we will be docked for 4 days in Bermuda (& probably drinking on land)

2. How were the crowds? I hear the kids activities are very crowded

3. Which speciality dining do you recommend?

Thanks!!! first cruise here- so many many questions!!