Seattle Hotel Search

JasmineC

Hi, I was on this board a month or so ago and someone suggested a website where you could search for hotels in Seattle, and when they chose one for you, the hotel name was private until you actually booked it. It supposedly came up with some great deals on hotels. Does anyone recall this type of website or name?

I believe Priceline is the site you want..I used it when staying in New Orleans.

Got a great deal!

How it works is you put in how much you want to pay and the area you want to stay in..If the amount was to low, they will let you know and you can start again with another amount.

Your third option is Hotwire.

With "name your price" on Priceline you can get a great deal, but other than star level will not know what hotel you are going to get.

With hotwire, you can sometimes guess with the help of betterbidding.com.

With lastminutetravel.com they provide more information so you are often able to make a good guess on your own. Since they list the number or rooms, that is often a big clue right there.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got through using priceline to bid for a hotel in Seattle and got Sheraton. We enjoyed our stay there and were able to save some money on the room.

betterbidding.com shows you how much people have gotten their hotels for on priceline and hotline and it gives you a pretty good idea of what possible hotels you will end up with.

Good luck!

Archived