Transfer from Miami hotel to ship.

janecambridge

I am wondering what sort of time we are transferred from hotel to ship in Miami?

What time can we embark the ship?

Regent are doing our transfers,so can we leave the hotel when ready to embark or do we have to wait around somewhere between check out and embarkation?I am concerned about our luggage.

We will be staying in The Sheraton ( only just,because we booked the cruise having been told we will get an overnight stay originally,only to be told on booking,that no hotels were left for us)

Thank you.

Hi Jane,

Usually you would vacate room about 11am and wait it the hotel lobby area with the rest of the Regent passengers for a private bus/car to pick you up approx 12 noon time.When you arrive at the Sheraton evening before there will be an envelope in your room with all the details for you.Porters can collect your luggage or you can take it yourself when you leave the room. You are likely to be on board about 1300 hrs and having a buffet lunch in me veranda and in your storeroom about 1500hrs.

Our cruise ticket/package arrived at the TA yesterday and we collected it so you will hopefully get yours in a week or so.it will have the information there too re ground transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to ship. From our experience they are usually very organised and you will be kept well informed.Have you got your storeroom number yet?

Jean.

We haven't been told where our hotel is yet! The hotels are very crowded that week--tried to book on points closer to pier and couldn't find a thing! We drive over the afternoon before because I'm always afraid we'll hit traffic on Alligator Alley and we'll be in a panic to get there! This past January we were in Coral Gables-great hotel, nice restaurants and a Barnes and Noble across the street. Very handy and we also had a nice tour of Coral Gables when we left for the pier.

As we walked into the hotel there wasa Regent desk set up and packets were handed out! Nice start to a great trip!

Debi

We haven't been told where our hotel is yet! The hotels are very crowded that week--tried to book on points closer to pier and couldn't find a thing! We drive over the afternoon before because I'm always afraid we'll hit traffic on Alligator Alley and we'll be in a panic to get there! This past January we were in Coral Gables-great hotel, nice restaurants and a Barnes and Noble across the street. Very handy and we also had a nice tour of Coral Gables when we left for the pier.

As we walked into the hotel there was a Regent desk set up and packets were handed out! Nice start to a great trip!

Debi

Thank you for all your help.I had read somewhere on here that embarkation was at 3pm,hence the concern.I also wanted to know if we wold get lunch onboard.We are doing Miami to Miami on November 6th.our first Regent cruise.

We have a penthouse suite and are both very excited.After the cruise we are heading to Manasota Beach in a hire car.Love Florida.

That sounds like a lovely plan after your cruise.I have learnt a valuable lesson regarding my posts.I must read it over before posting as twice I have written storeroom instead of stateroom! I just laughed when I read it just now, sorry .

..and I thought there was something you weren't telling us newbies...!!!!:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Regent usually starts boarding at 1200 - and has no "pecking order" so it is first come-first served as far as registration and boarding goes. However I believe they stagger their transfers so that the queues for registration stay manageable. I suppose if you like you can always just take a taxi from the hotel (with your luggage for the storeroom!) and join the "first batch" of people who will be boarding at noon.

..and I thought there was something you weren't telling us newbies...!!!!:D:D:D

We are in Coral Gables at the Westin I believe. If you booked your hotel independently of Regent let me know--we have loads of room in the Escalade and could swing by your hotel on the way.

Debi

In Miami, I would just take a taxi from the hotel to the port. It is not expensive. Waiting for Regent's transfer is just a big hassle. If you take a taxi, you can get there at noon and board, then have lunch. Plus you will not be arriving at the same time as a whole busload of people.

Just say I won't be on the bus. They look at you quite oddly! When you get your packet, just tell them that you won't need the transport.

Debi

Just be sure to tell someone and see that they make note of it, otherwise the whole bus will be kept waiting while they go look for you - this happened the one and only time we took the Regent transfers, now we just do it on our own, much easier and more relaxing

gnomie :)

I am not sure that we will be sharing transfer vehicles.After booking we were told there were no hotel rooms left for us,and we would have to pay for our own! But we kicked up a stink and suddenly a room became available.I suppose if we are the only ones needing transfer from that hotel,we can go when we like,otherwise we may well let them know we will be making our own way.Thanks for the tips.

In January we were across the street from a lovely Barnes and Noble so after breakfast I paid them a visit and added several books to my Nook. I like to have it stocked well! That along with my needlepoint keeps me happy! SO by the time we wandered thru there got another Starbucks and went back to the room, it was time to load the car, tour thru Coral Gables and head to the pier. A nice start to a lovely vacation!

Debi

Edited by debijaynes
missed a word

In Miami, I would just take a taxi from the hotel to the port. It is not expensive. Waiting for Regent's transfer is just a big hassle. If you take a taxi, you can get there at noon and board, then have lunch. Plus you will not be arriving at the same time as a whole busload of people.

Best advice on the thread, RachelG, the taxi takes you from one door to the other without the hassle of a van full of people and their luggage. And it gets you there when YOU want to arrive. Otherwise, there are delays when dealing with mass transportation. Jack