Visas for cruise around the Horn

mek

I'm just starting to think about were I want to go next year and it's either Norway or a trip around the Horn. If the cruise starts/ends in Santiago and starts/ends in Buenos Aires, are there any countries that require a visa from American citizens? I've been to Chile and unless something has changed, we didn't need one there. Also realize if I find an itinerary that includes Brazil, a visa is necessary.

Right now, I'm looking at some great prices on a few ships and I might be willing to book the SA cruise at the last minute next year if the price is right and getting visas isn't an issue.

Thanks - of course I would double check to make sure I was covered before I booked, but I really was just wondering if it was possible to book one of these cruises on short notice. Sounds like it is. :)

Thanks

The Argentinian reciprocity fee must be paid in advance. You can go to Trip Advisor for up to date information.

When we flew into Santiago back in the 90's, we paid an entrance fee upon arrival. Is the reciprocity fee something different?

When we flew into Santiago back in the 90's, we paid an entrance fee upon arrival. Is the reciprocity fee something different?

That was a reciprocity fee and it is no longer in existence due to a change in US/Chilean diplomacy.

.... but I really was just wondering if it was possible to book one of these cruises on short notice. Sounds like it is. :)

Thanks

Last February we started a B2B2B South American cruise series in Buenos Aires. While we had booked and started planning early there were a number of passengers who actually did book at least one of those legs on short notice. Didn't seem to be a problem at all.

As noted by a prior poster the Argentine reciprocity fee must be purchased in advance. While boarding the American Airlines flight in Miami boarding staff insisted in actually seeing the reciprocity fee receipt before allowing those who needed to purchase one to actually board the aircraft.