Another Question About Transportation from FLL & Hotel in Miami

taylortime05

We are landing in FLL around noon on Saturday, Dec 10. I have a car reserved for 1 day for 21.00 pickup FLL airport and drop off on Sunday morning at 400 Se 2nd Avenue Miami, FL 33131. I originally was going to stay in FLL for night and then drive to Miami in morning, drop off car and get Uber to taxi to port.

But now I have reserved Hampton Inn in Brickell for 203.00 for the night.

Should I just pay 15 PP and take SAS shuttle and hang around Brickell downtown area for the day? Or I could use the car all day and then drop it off on Saturday evening to avoid paying to park it at the hotel?

Thank you for your patience in answering all these questions.

Every time we stay in Miami we stay at a hotel on the beach in South Beach. That being said it would all depend on what you have in mind on how to spend the day. If you would like to sight-see around the area a airboat Everglade tour is alot of fun. But if you just like to hang then I hear that is a fantastic place to stay cause there are plenty of options on how to spend your free time there. We are flying in to Fll this Friday and our cruise leaves Sat. so we will just get a cheap room for the night in Fll and Uber to the Port of Miami. We have a hotel booked at South Beach for the following Sat. when we return and will fly out on Sunday. But we are beach people and like to take advantage of the beach while we can. Either way enjoy your cruise.

We are landing in FLL around noon on Saturday, Dec 10. I have a car reserved for 1 day for 21.00 pickup FLL airport and drop off on Sunday morning at 400 Se 2nd Avenue Miami, FL 33131. I originally was going to stay in FLL for night and then drive to Miami in morning, drop off car and get Uber to taxi to port.

But now I have reserved Hampton Inn in Brickell for 203.00 for the night.

Should I just pay 15 PP and take SAS shuttle and hang around Brickell downtown area for the day? Or I could use the car all day and then drop it off on Saturday evening to avoid paying to park it at the hotel?

Thank you for your patience in answering all these questions.

What are you looking to do?

There is plenty that you can do in the area using the free trolley, the Metromover and uber. From Vizcaya, to going to South Beach, to Bayside Market etc.

What were your plans when you were having the car? Is the price the same to return the car the same day? It's easy to get back the rental car location to the Hampton Inn.

Edited by cjskids

What are you looking to do?

There is plenty that you can do in the area using the free trolley, the Metromover and uber. From Vizcaya, to going to South Beach, to Bayside Market etc.

What were your plans when you were having the car? Is the price the same to return the car the same day? It's easy to get back the rental car location to the Hampton Inn.

I originally reserved the car because I was going to stay in FLL and then drive to Miami in the morning. But then I decided to stay in Miami so we are closer to the port. So I really need to research and determine what we want to do for the day. Then it will probably be easier to make the decision if a car would be handy for the day. I am not sure if the car would cost same if I return it the same day. I will have to check into that too. Thanks

I originally reserved the car because I was going to stay in FLL and then drive to Miami in the morning. But then I decided to stay in Miami so we are closer to the port. So I really need to research and determine what we want to do for the day. Then it will probably be easier to make the decision if a car would be handy for the day. I am not sure if the car would cost same if I return it the same day. I will have to check into that too. Thanks

I live on Brickell Ave super close to the Hampton Inn so would be happy to give you some suggestions on things to do in the area if you would like.

I live on Brickell Ave super close to the Hampton Inn so would be happy to give you some suggestions on things to do in the area if you would like.

Yes, I would appreciate suggestions. It is just me and my hubby. Our plane lands around noon. Thank you.

Rent the car if you want to tour in the FLL area or Miami Beach on your way to the hotel. Use a shuttle or Uber (about $40) if you decide to head straight to the hotel and explore downtown Miami.

Your call! :)

that's good to point out that women should stay out of the red zone if pregnant or getting pregnant soon. Since Brickell is not in the red zone, it's fine to be here.

Posting about zika seems to be a passion of yours!

that's good to point out that women should stay out of the red zone if pregnant or getting pregnant soon. Since Brickell is not in the red zone, it's fine to be here.

Posting about zika seems to be a passion of yours!

By December when she is there Brickell may be include in the expanding Red Zone.

Regardless, she wants to explore the area, so she may wander into the Red Zone without knowing it.

By December when she is there Brickell may be include in the expanding Red Zone.

Regardless, she wants to explore the area, so she may wander into the Red Zone without knowing it.

Since Zika is all over the Caribbean, then cruising to islands just as much if not more of a risk. From Cayman Islands, Antigua, Turks and Caicos, Aruba, Bonaire, Dominican Republic and on and on there are many islands that the CDC have issued Zika warnings to.

Hi Carolyn,

When you have time, I'd appreciate some suggestions for things to see and do. It's me and hubby. Our plane arrives around noon so we should be to Miami by 2:00 pm.

Thanks

Sue

Hi Carolyn,

When you have time, I'd appreciate some suggestions for things to see and do. It's me and hubby. Our plane arrives around noon so we should be to Miami by 2:00 pm.

Thanks

Sue

Sue,

Vizcaya Gardens is really nice, especially if the weather is nice.

Brickell citi Centre should be fully opened when you are here and that will be something to explore. There will be a 38,000 sq foot Italian food hall, lots of shopping and restaurants.

A cocktail at Sugar which is on top of the East Hotel is here really nice and the view is incredible.

I know that fellow cruisers seem to enjoy Bayside which can you get to easily via the free Metromover. It's VERY touristy but there is a lot going on and we do sometimes head down there for a drink at the German restaurant.

Heading over to South Beach and walking along Lincoln Road and along Ocean Drive is a nice way to pass time as well.

We have some great happy hours in the Brickell area. It's always a fun way to visit different restaurants by having a cocktail and or appetizer in each spot. You can have a drink sitting outside along the River over at American Social. People watching sitting at Mary Brickell Village is interesting.

Depending on the day, it would be Art Walk over in the Wynwood area which is fun and there is a lot to explore over there.

For an afternoon of shopping, the Design District is really nice. You are missing Art Basel week which is good since it makes Miami insane.

miaminewtimes.com is a great site to read about some things that will be going on locally while you are here.

You will love the area. We are in the same age group as you and just love it here.

Edited by cjskids

Definitely visit Vizcaya. It's been in countless movies and tv shows and is amazing.

I would cancel the rental and shuttle to downtown Miami.

Right now I have the car reserved and it's only 21 dollars but I also reserved SAS from FLL airport to Hampton Inn in Miami for 15 PP and then SAS back from port to FLL airport for 15 pp. I'm starting to think it will be easier and less stress just to take the shuttle and spend our time in Miami near Brickell seeing the sights.

Thanks for all your input.

Sue,

Vizcaya Gardens is really nice, especially if the weather is nice.

Brickell citi Centre should be fully opened when you are here and that will be something to explore. There will be a 38,000 sq foot Italian food hall, lots of shopping and restaurants.

A cocktail at Sugar which is on top of the East Hotel is here really nice and the view is incredible.

I know that fellow cruisers seem to enjoy Bayside which can you get to easily via the free Metromover. It's VERY touristy but there is a lot going on and we do sometimes head down there for a drink at the German restaurant.

Heading over to South Beach and walking along Lincoln Road and along Ocean Drive is a nice way to pass time as well.

We have some great happy hours in the Brickell area. It's always a fun way to visit different restaurants by having a cocktail and or appetizer in each spot. You can have a drink sitting outside along the River over at American Social. People watching sitting at Mary Brickell Village is interesting.

Depending on the day, it would be Art Walk over in the Wynwood area which is fun and there is a lot to explore over there.

For an afternoon of shopping, the Design District is really nice. You are missing Art Basel week which is good since it makes Miami insane.

miaminewtimes.com is a great site to read about some things that will be going on locally while you are here.

You will love the area. We are in the same age group as you and just love it here.

Thank you for all the great ideas. It sounds like there will be plenty to see and do to keep us busy for one afternoon. Can't wait for Dec to get here.:)

Thank you for all the great ideas. It sounds like there will be plenty to see and do to keep us busy for one afternoon. Can't wait for Dec to get here.:)

You are welcome!

You can get to Vizcaya via the free trolley FYI.