Which PG staff do we love to remember?

Emdee

Of course the bar staff ...I won't single anyone out as we love them ALL. But please feel free to add your favourites.

The wonderful security person ReX. Always greeting us with a big smile and words of welcome.

The absolutely drop dead gorgeous Amandine...chief Purser?

Hotel Director Jacques whom I think we have always had in recent years. Had Freddy in Regent days.

The chefs who make me my bread fruit fries...cannot wait for those yummy fries.

We had Room stewardess April once and she was amazing.

Butler Abner who religiously brought us our coffee at 6 am even on the day we wanted to sleep in....poor guy was so sorry for doing this!

Ok I shall leave some for the rest of you.....

Edited by Emdee

So many to choose from that are really wonderful. Rex is a good choice, he is often overlooked but I must agree his smile is a welcoming feature when you board the ship.

The girls in excursions also have a wonderful smile and are just warm people. Soren is a hoot and very nice when you get to know him. The kitchen crew is fabulous when I was there filming the crew video they were so warm and funny all had big smiles all would do just about anything to make you happy.

The bar crew who can't say enough about these guys all of them just wonderful and of course our favorite, Elmo.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Like you say, they are all great. One I would like to add is Rona our room attendant we had one trip. She also remember us two years later. We used to catch her singing in the hallway. Always had a big smile for us and stop to talk to us. Love you Rona hope to have you next year again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So many to choose from that are really wonderful. Rex is a good choice, he is often overlooked but I must agree his smile is a welcoming feature when you board the ship.

The girls in excursions also have a wonderful smile and are just warm people. Soren is a hoot and very nice when you get to know him. The kitchen crew is fabulous when I was there filming the crew video they were so warm and funny all had big smiles all would do just about anything to make you happy.

The bar crew who can't say enough about these guys all of them just wonderful and of course our favorite, Elmo.

Can't agree more about Rex. Most underrated of them all.

Jacques and Elmo of course and Captain Toni. I also have a blast with Florizel and Efren. Jean-Paul is also excellent when Jacques is not on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can't agree more about Rex. Most underrated of them all.

Jacques and Elmo of course and Captain Toni. I also have a blast with Florizel and Efren. Jean-Paul is also excellent when Jacques is not on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think I have ever had Jean Paul.

We have only experienced the cruise once back in Jan. 2013. The two staff members that I will never forget are Grace our room attendant and Joey our breakfast waiter . Grace went way over and beyond assisting me one evening when I had an issue with motion sickness . It was such a pleasure every morning to see Joeys huge smile and excellent service at breakfast. The best way to start your day ! I think Joey may be on the Terre Moorea. As others have stated all the staff were excellent and one of the many reasons why we want to return. Looking forward to another PG cruise possibly Jan. or March in 2019 to get out of our cold Canadian winter.

We have only experienced the cruise once back in Jan. 2013. The two staff members that I will never forget are Grace our room attendant and Joey our breakfast waiter . Grace went way over and beyond assisting me one evening when I had an issue with motion sickness . It was such a pleasure every morning to see Joeys huge smile and excellent service at breakfast. The best way to start your day ! I think Joey may be on the Terre Moorea. As others have stated all the staff were excellent and one of the many reasons why we want to return. Looking forward to another PG cruise possibly Jan. or March in 2019 to get out of our cold Canadian winter.

Donna, Joey went to Tere Moana and we had him there last year. He hurt his knee and had to return home. All of the Moana staff were hoping to be back on the PG but don't know how many were able to get back.

Ivan, but I think I read he's no longer with the ship.

Emdee, I love breadfruit but was disappointed it's not on the menus. How did you get the chef to make fries? I'm going on the Sept 21 sailing and would love to know. Thanks!

I request it day one and they usually load in BB.

Also since I arrange tours for cc members and friends I decline a free ticket and instead ask for breadfruit which grows wild.

One time we were waiting near the Huahine market for the shuttle and and was chatting with this old woman about the lack of breadfruit in the market. So she called her grandson and made him bike to her house and get me one. Wouldn't take money only let her grandson take enough for him to buy one Coca Cola!

Another time we told our Moorea driver we liked it and he just stopped by and plucked some from a tree.

In 2014 Ato in Fakarava gave me two breadfruit. But Mark Anthony didn't let us bring it onboard. Ivan was there and told him that we always brought breadfruit. Finally they asked him to call "Sir Jacques" who kindly agreed. Moral is Ok with Jacques before you bring onboard yourself.

We too will really miss Ivan.

Edited by Emdee

The PG staff are universally spectacular! They are a big reason why we keep going back. Rather than name individuals and inadvertently leave somebody out, I'll instead mention 2 folks who are no longer with the PG.

The maitre d' Franco (sp?) consistently went out of his way to be helpful.

The famous (or infamous) Arnold. On an earlier cruise, people had said to ask for him when we went to dinner. I asked the person on the front desk that night about Arnold. The person replied, "Who the f**k is Arnold?" and laughed. It was Arnold.

So the ones we remember and miss who are not there...

The incomparable Michael Shapiro

Capt. Rajko

Arnold

Ivan Bolalin

Nelson Trindade

Joey

Melliton

Laksman

Gerry who always gave me a smile

Michael Reyes who needed roller skates in the Dining room

Hope all of these are happy in their new places!

Is Efren still onboard? He was my pool bar buddy for two cruises....great guy.

As far as I know he his. A year ago visited the ship when it was docked in Papeete and he was still there. He is one of the few that have been on all 5 of my cruises. The others have been Rex, Florizel, Rey and Manu (she has left the ship).

Of course the bar staff ...I won't single anyone out as we love them ALL. But please feel free to add your favourites.

The wonderful security person ReX. Always greeting us with a big smile and words of welcome.

The absolutely drop dead gorgeous Amandine...chief Purser?

Hotel Director Jacques whom I think we have always had in recent years. Had Freddy in Regent days.

The chefs who make me my bread fruit fries...cannot wait for those yummy fries.

We had Room stewardess April once and she was amazing.

Butler Abner who religiously brought us our coffee at 6 am even on the day we wanted to sleep in....poor guy was so sorry for doing this!

Ok I shall leave some for the rest of you.....

When I saw the gleaming double boiler, true espresso machine behind the bar, I lamented to "Markey Mark" that I had to settle for the truly bad auto espresso machine in La Veranda. He apologized and said they usually had to warm up the machine when the bar opened. The next morning and every morning of the cruise, he would arise at six am to start up the machine just so I could have my real espresso.

Such is the spirit of the entire crew, but Mark holds a special place.

The one I will miss the most is Gauguinne Aeata. My wife and I officially adopted her as I Hanai daughter and every cruise thereafter she sought us out first to give us a welcome lei and warm hugs. We will miss her as she is now a guide on Tetiaroa at the Brando.

Mediapro,

In 2011 the bartender on the early morning shift at La Palette did the same for my friend.

Our favourite Gauguinnes are Raina whom we met first and the gorgeous Hina.

It's great that they have a life after the PG working in the hotels, Tahiti Tourism etc. To us on our first few visits they were true ambassadors of their country.

Our fave Gauguine was brand new, on her first cruise, when met on during the sailaway in 2000. Her father was down on the dock waving goodbye to her. She was maybe 18 or 19.

She later became the "senior" Gauguine, and then we were happy to see her working for ATN in 2008.

We called her Henwen, but her real name was something like Hanwanui.

There used to be a very nice, slightly older woman who ran the shop selling pearls on the PG. She was Tahitian and worked for Marlon Brando at one point. Does anyone know her name and what happened to her. She was a blast to speak to..

There used to be a very nice, slightly older woman who ran the shop selling pearls on the PG. She was Tahitian and worked for Marlon Brando at one point. Does anyone know her name and what happened to her. She was a blast to speak to..

When you say older do you mean around 30? That would be Mihi who is indeed a fantastic person. She got married last year to a gentleman named Paul who once was an assistant chef on the PG and ultimately became the food and beverage manager for the PG and IC's. They both now live in Honolulu.