Prepaid gratuities

twokids0204

Simply for budgeting purposes, I chose to prepay my gratuities.

I am sure others have done this as well...

I am just concerned that when I get on board they will still be charged to the room, and I'd feel like a heel having them removed.

Am I being paranoid? Has this ever happened to anyone?

I am just concerned that when I get on board they will still be charged to the room, and I'd feel like a heel having them removed.

Not to worry but if you do just bring along your invoice that shows you pre paid.

Guest maddycat

We always have MTD so we have to prepay our gratuities. We've never been charged a second time onboard. If you're worried just bring a copy of your invoice showing that your gratuities were already paid.

Never heard of that happening. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks...

Not to worry but if you do just bring along your invoice that shows you pre paid.

Thanks... the reason I asked is I printed my "Guest Ticket Booklet" with all my reservations, luggage tags, and all the terms and conditions, etc... In there it does not say Gratuities Pre Paid. But there is a section that outlines the Gratuities...

But you are right, my invoice does show that it was prepaid, I wil simply print a copy of that as well.

We always have MTD so we have to prepay our gratuities. We've never been charged a second time onboard. If you're worried just bring a copy of your invoice showing that your gratuities were already paid.

Thanks... just printed the invoice and added it to my "bring with me folder"

Its on your guest invoice under my cruises. Prepaid are not paid until final payment

Yeah... Thanks. Final payment has been made... about 45 days out now on Oasis's first sailing on her return to Fort Lauderdale.

If the very unlikely event did occur then you have no reason to feel like a heel for having the overcharge of dailies removed:) they are removed by the purser and onboard finance department which are officers on the ship not domestic staff in a tipping pool and do not even blink an eye when some remove grats for "no reason" whatsoever.

A fair percentage of those you see each day lining up at Guest services are to query on-board charges that may show up on your cabin TV account, many do not realize that sometimes a charge is added to your account as a + and then as a - and there is in fact no overcharge at all just an accounting system:)

Prepaying works well. I have not heard of anyone being charged twice for this. It is unlikely to happen. In the event you are charged twice or there are any other charges you do not believe are fair, make it well known and more than likely you will receive a credit.

Be aware that the servers will not acknowledge that you have prepaid gratuities. The service, I found, to be exceptional and it is a natural tendency to tip on the spot. Consider avoiding this or keeping it on a minimum. Remember also that envelopes are passed for everyone in sight the evening before disembarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of starting another thread, I thought I'd piggyback this one. Hoping someone can answer my question on Prepaid Gratuities.

We are doing late seating in the MDR (not MTD) and paying for our cabin and our kids cabin. Can I prepay the gratuities directly to RCCL after I make final payment so they are not deducted daily? I don't want the kids to have gratuities charged to their credit card.

They need their credit card to pay for their own drinks :D

Thanks.

Instead of starting another thread, I thought I'd piggyback this one. Hoping someone can answer my question on Prepaid Gratuities.

We are doing late seating in the MDR (not MTD) and paying for our cabin and our kids cabin. Can I prepay the gratuities directly to RCCL after I make final payment so they are not deducted daily? I don't want the kids to have gratuities charged to their credit card.

Thanks.

Yes, you can prepay your children's gratuities. Just call whoever booked your cruise. You can add the prepaid gratuities now and they will be added to the total you pay at final payment.

Thanks.

Interestingly, you can prepay for included soft drinks. You can do so for alcoholic beverages as well. It could be beneficial depending on the amount of drinks consumed. For me, personally, it did not work. I don't drink many soft drinks or that much alcohol.

Concerning paying for items on board. You are issued a card called a called a "pass" of some kink. I forget exactly. That card it linked to your credit cards, as many as you like. Throughout the ship, there are several kiosks wear daily charges are accumulated, as they occur. That card, you will want to keep with you at all times. This applies to some on the shore excursions sponsored by Royal Caribbean.

I found things very organized in this manner. They do things very efficiently when it comes to moving large numbers people in an out and from here to there.

Hopefully this was helpful.

Larry Jay