Birthday Cake

lbfluffy

Does NCL write a special message on cakes? My husband will be 50. Can I order on board?

You need to let your PCC or TA know it's his birthday they'll mark the records. When you get to your cabin they'll be a 'Happy Birthday' card from NCL waiting for you. Whenever you want the cake just give the card to the host at whatever restaurant you are at when you enter. They'll bring you a small cake after dinner. I don't think anything special is written on it....maybe 'Happy Birthday'. They used to sing but they stopped that sometime before May of last year.

If you want something bigger or more elaborate it can be ordered either online (Just sign onto your account and they're a place where you can order special things) or order it at Cake Boss when you board.

Harriet

You need to let your PCC or TA know it's his birthday they'll mark the records. When you get to your cabin they'll be a 'Happy Birthday' card from NCL waiting for you. Whenever you want the cake just give the card to the host at whatever restaurant you are at when you enter. They'll bring you a small cake after dinner. I don't think anything special is written on it....maybe 'Happy Birthday'. They used to sing but they stopped that sometime before May of last year.

If you want something bigger or more elaborate it can be ordered either online (Just sign onto your account and they're a place where you can order special things) or order it at Cake Boss when you board.

Harriet

So we could have gotten cake in any restaurant? Darn, I just booked a $35 package to have them deliver one to our room on my husband's birthday.

I ordered the party package last December for my DH's birthday on the Sun, through the "my NCL" log- in pre-cruise. The cabin was decorated with streamers and 2 happy birthday signs, plus a beautiful and delicious big cake! When we returned to the cabin after our day in port, he was greeted with the surprise. Your hubby will like it!

So we could have gotten cake in any restaurant? Darn, I just booked a $35 package to have them deliver one to our room on my husband's birthday.

Yes. It is smaller than the one you pay for but it's plenty big for 2 people with extra cake to spare.

Harriet

I did tell my TA, but she is no longer with the agency anymore. We are sailing in a week. I doubt I can get anything done. I am going to be decorating the cabin.

You can still call the agency and have them contact NCL to tell them about the birthday. Worse case is when you get onboard go to guest services and tell them. They'll probably give you the card at that time and you can still take it to dinner with you any night.

Harriet

Does NCL write a special message on cakes? My husband will be 50. Can I order on board?

Hi i have a few people on our roll call for our cruise celebrating birthdays. I ordered a cake for the gang smallest they had is 1/4 sheet cake that is $40 they will write whatever u want on it. You pick flavor and filling.

I decorated my door for my birthday. Found lots of things at the $1 store. My mom called guest services after we boarded and they delivered a cup cake to my cabin that had a edible birthday sign and also a card to present at any restaurant to redeem a cake. There was no writing on the cake.

you get a coupon for a small free 1 at dinner of night of your choice, and the 1 you get for the 35.00 package is fair size, we ate it for like 3 days ... :) i will see if i can get a picture up, we just was on the sun week of the 9th ...

Thanks for sharing the pics! I was worried when someone said 1/4 sheet cake - that would last us the entire week! lol We aren't huge cake eaters but, being that it is his big 4-0, I wanted to make sure it is special!

Just curious, how did you keep it fresh for a couple of days? Did it have a lid? Or do I need to bring foil/plastic wrap?

Love the idea of decorating the door. Maybe I will get a small '40' sign. I also bought him a 40th birthday t-shirt to wear that day. ;) I can't be mean because my turn is coming...haha!

We ordered the birthday package from NCL. When we arrived in the room theire was a sign and some balloons taped to the ceiling along with a streamer. Instead of a card to turn in for a cake, this cake was waiting for us.

imagejpg2_zps2168c13b.jpg

We told our butler we thought we would receive a card so we could get the cake later in the week on the actual birthday. She said she would take care of it and on Wednesday when we came back from port she had delivered this.

imagejpg1_zps052e3856.jpg

We ordered the birthday package from NCL. When we arrived in the room theire was a sign and some balloons taped to the ceiling along with a streamer. Instead of a card to turn in for a cake, this cake was waiting for us.

We told our butler we thought we would receive a card so we could get the cake later in the week on the actual birthday. She said she would take care of it and on Wednesday when we came back from port she had delivered this.

When you actual order and pay for a cake it is delivered to your room. You are, however, also entitled to the 'free' cake that they leave a card in the room for you. Your butler just brought the free cake to your room on the proper day.

That's my guess! LOL

Harriet