Price drop?

Lisamm724

We are booked on the Gem. We leave June 13th. Should there be a price drop coming soon?

Thanks

Lisa

You should NEVER expect a price drop. One may appear, or the price may go up. If you are concerned about a price drop you need to watch the prices daily.

I will say that you are booked in the high season and most of the ships have left the Caribbean for Europe and Alaska, so demand is high, and supply is low which means a price drop is not likely to happen.

When would I know it has flat lined? And I can ask for a upgrade?

I don't think there will be a definite way of knowing whether it has flat-lined or not, but you can definitely request an upgrade for the difference in what you paid vs. your desired category. I've always had luck asking to pay to upgrade to a higher category once the prices drop, even after final payment—NCL gets more of your money, you get a better room, everyone's happy.

Keep watching prices, and call in to request an upgrade if they drop. The important thing is to check every day.

We are booked on the Gem. We leave June 13th. Should there be a price drop coming soon?

Thanks

Lisa

You can never tell when this will happen. The best you can do is keep your eye on the prices and see what happens. Usually a big drop, if at all, happens after final payment day. Are you expecting to take advantage of a price drop? If so, remember after final payment date, which should ba about now, most cruise lines won't give you the better rate: just like airlines, hotels and resorts won't. they usually will upgrade you Of course by mid June most schools are out and the tourist season really begins. I know there are some states and some school districts that do not get out by then, if for no other reason than making up snow days, but a lot of districts are out by late May.

Edited by newmexicoNita