Legends pre-final two cruises staff

Dear Emperor Norton,

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Seabourn regarding your March 15 and March 22, 2015 Legend voyages. During your two voyages your Captain, Hotel Director and Executive Chef will be:

Captain, Andrew Pedder

Hotel Director, Laurent LaLouer

Executive Chef, John Alex Ian Pugh

I've sailed with one of them before

DSC_3507-L.jpg

Happy to report our beloved David E. will be the CD on the final 2 Legend cruises. I've teased him as to "you sing Nat King Cole better than Nat King Cole!"

Master Pedder is so much fun....as is Hot Man Lulu!

Have wonderful safe sailings.

Martita

Unlike Jes I didn't see him going from table to table asking for feedback (hopefully this will have changed), nor did I see him around the ship as I did Jes. I don't think his menu food was at the same level as Jes or Pasquales (though I think part of the problem with his food were the people serving it. The HM was the anti-Karl and Richard was not doing a stellar job running the assistant maitre d's or servers.) On the other hand off menu items I requested were excellent.

He was overwhelmed with our shopping with the chef tour (to be fair I think there were about ten of us who signed up and another 15+ that just showed up). Speaking with him after the shopping tour he seemed more reserved than Jes. I can't recall where it was he last worked on land but from what I can remember it was a spare no expenses shop for what you want every day type place. I can see how there could be a transition going from that to what's available on a ship. I'm hoping that since then he's adjusted more to the cruise kitchen as some of his food was very good.

I'm not sure. The last I heard he was going to be on the final 2 cruises as a guest CD rather than acting CD. I'm not sure about the 15th though. The club was quick to get back to me with my staffing question, drop them a line and let us know.

Just to clarify - does this mean David E. will NOT be aboard for the last Caribbean cruise on March 15?

Not sure about 15th. However am assured DEG will be CD on crossing and final Barcelona to Rome cruises on Legend with Ashley Edwards as ACD.

I think I heard he went to OZ but Stamfordian can tell you for sure. And the last two Legend cruises are the transatlantic followed by our Med cruise April 4-20 Barcelona to Rome.

Re Simon - that is correct. His contract with Seabourn finished and he has returned to Sydney where he lives. A lot of regulars on Legend and Spirit over the past three years will miss him greatly.

I just heard from the Seabourn Club that David E. will join the Legend on March 22; the cruise director for the March 15 departure will be Verity Teiho-Brown.

Verity is a kick-tons of personality and very visible around the ship.

For anyone aboard the last two cruses, please give David E and Verity big hugs and/or kisses from Winnie!

• 3 months later...

David E was with us on the final Legend cruise and told me he is going back to one of the big ships -- can't remember which one. And yes, it would be a shame if he left -- he is a talented performer and a very good CD.