Breakaway - Park and Cruise Hotels......

lanabanana

Am trying to research this and not having much luck at this point. Am I correct when I say the Breakaway leaves out of the Manhattan Cruise Port? And if so, have any of you used a "Park and Cruise" option, staying overnight at an area hotel and leaving your car parked there during the cruise? Maybe they had a shuttle to the pier? As opposed to paying the $30/day at the terminal?

Or, are there any other tricks I should know?

There are no park and cruise hotel packages in Manhattan. There is a hotel in northern NJ, the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park that offers such a package. If you do some research on the East Coast Departures board you'll find discussion of that hotel package as well as other options.

Parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is $40 per day .

In my opinion suck it up and park at the pier. Number one it is very convenient. Number 2 if you arrive early or want to explore NYC after the cruise or before you will have a place to store your luggage and then you can come back and get your car and drive home number three by the time you add up the price of a hotel, meals, transportation to and from pier and the hassle of it all it is worth it just to park there

It appears it is a moot point since all of the suggested Park and Cruise hotels are booked for our date in November! Wow. And yes, now I realize it is $40 to park at the terminal. Geez Louise!

It appears it is a moot point since all of the suggested Park and Cruise hotels are booked for our date in November! Wow. And yes, now I realize it is $40 to park at the terminal. Geez Louise!

cheap for parking in the city

Ive searched also for our cruise end of October. Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park NJ is the only one I have found. I actually just got a price drop on our reservation. For the 1 night it is $269. Which includes transportation to and from the pier, 2 queen beds (there are 4 of us in the room), breakfast for all of us and parking for the week. That in its self is worth it since the parking would have been more then the total of our reservation. I dont have the headache of driving in a city that I am not familiar with.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!

Ive searched also for our cruise end of October. Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park NJ is the only one I have found. I actually just got a price drop on our reservation. For the 1 night it is $269. Which includes transportation to and from the pier, 2 queen beds (there are 4 of us in the room), breakfast for all of us and parking for the week. That in its self is worth it since the parking would have been more then the total of our reservation. I dont have the headache of driving in a city that I am not familiar with.

How do you get back to your car is there a shuttle to pick you up?

The Hilton Garden in NJ has a car service that provides round trip transportation to the Manhattan cruise port. There's a thread in the East coast departures where someone has posted a great review of the hotel and the transportation. We have booked that package for our Breakaway cruise in September...only 8+ weeks to go :)

We booked the same package for our cruise in two weeks. We wanted to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel. The price was right including hotel, breakfast, parking and shuttle.

We would have had to spend more if we stayed in a Manhattan hotel and had to pay parking on top of everything.

• 1 month later...
We booked the same package for our cruise in two weeks. We wanted to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel. The price was right including hotel, breakfast, parking and shuttle.

We would have had to spend more if we stayed in a Manhattan hotel and had to pay parking on top of everything.

GiGi - how was your experience with the Hilton package? Did you have any issues?

Although probably too late for the OP, as general information- I've found Mega Bus, Bolt Bus and Greyhound all to have some good options. Coming from north, and using the NYS thruway- I take the Metro North from Poughkeepsi- cheap per day parking, free weekends.

I take the 42 bus from Grand Central and walk to the ship. Reasonable cab fare, another option. IF you don't load a Metro Card- you do need COIN only on the buses.

Driving to the Manhattan port from New Jersey is so easy it's incredible

The easiest ride into NYC there is

Yes you might get traffic at the crossings but so will your shuttle driver

I prefer not to drive into NYC from the northern suburbs but then again we have an incredible metro north train that only takes 30 minutes but I digress

The only time I happily drive into NYC is to the port because it's a safe simple easy drive

Sent from my iPhone using Forums