Carnival Check In-Why Travel Plans?

brooklynfc

My friend finally made final payment on her part of the cruise and asked me to print off her documents. I can complete most of the check in for her, but she hasn't booked her flight yet. I'm just saying to match my travel plans, though she won't be flying the same as me, but most likely the same time frame. I guess I'm asking is it important for some reason for her to input her particular flight info.?

Nope, put whatever you wish in there, she can change it later

That info is requested in case the cruiser or ship is late, on arrival or returning to port.

Great! I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure before I did it. Thank you.

They also use flight info to determine debarkation. The earlier your flight home the lower the zone # for debarkation.

Yes, I agree. If you want off the ship early, just put in a flight that is close to the earliest recommended flight time allowed.

However, it always amazes me how quickly some people want to end their vacation on debarkation day.

I do have another question. She said she wanted to do cash so I did that for her onboard account. Now she wants to do a card and I can't get it to let me edit that choice? I click edit and it won't give me a choice to choose a card anymore. The only other option is delete and I don't want to do that because then I don't know if I can add her back.

An extreme example of how that info might be important would have been the day they shut down FFL after the shootings. They held the ships until after 10 or 11 pm. Travel info would let them know why someone may not have shown up yet.

Delayed flights due to bad weather would give then an idea where no-shows might be and I've seen ships delay sailing if a flight with ship passengers on it was close to arrival.

I do have another question. She said she wanted to do cash so I did that for her onboard account. Now she wants to do a card and I can't get it to let me edit that choice? I click edit and it won't give me a choice to choose a card anymore. The only other option is delete and I don't want to do that because then I don't know if I can add her back.

She can still give her card at check in or even once onboard.

She can still give her card at check in or even once onboard.

Thanks! I was able to access the help area (apparently I had to change browsers to stop getting an error message) and it said just to delete it. It worked!

I found out last year that the time you put in for your flight going home doesn't mean anything regarding your disembarkation zone. Your location on the ship determines it. Outside of FTTF and etc that get to choose their times, each steward is given a stack of tags to put out. I had to go to guest relations to get earlier tags.

They also use flight info to determine debarkation. The earlier your flight home the lower the zone # for debarkation.

Not on Carnival, it's cabin location based, exceptions are Diamond, Platinum, FTTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums