Hotels near New York port

lisa7977

Cruising on breakaway in April out of New York port. Any hotel suggestions near there to stay the night before? Do any let you park your car there for the week for free? Also, how far is Statue of Liberty from that port? Thanks.[emoji4]

The hotels will let you park there the night you stay for about $50. but not after you check out. Check out the east coast departure forum. The SOL leaves from battery park, I believe. Manhattan is small, you don't need a hotel by the port because a taxi is max $10 - $15 from most areas.

Cruising on breakaway in April out of New York port. Any hotel suggestions near there to stay the night before? Do any let you park your car there for the week for free? Also, how far is Statue of Liberty from that port? Thanks.[emoji4]

The Travel Inn has free parking during your stay at the hotel, decent pricing for NYC, and is within walking distance of the pier....or from the Port Authority bus station if you decide to leave your car elsewhere and take a bus into Manhattan. Taxi to the pier would be less than $10 from the Travel Inn, unless there is a traffic issue of some sort.

Edited by Got Tequila?

The Travel Inn has free parking during your stay at the hotel, decent pricing for NYC, and is within walking distance of the pier....or from the Port Authority bus station if you decide to leave your car elsewhere and take a bus into Manhattan. Taxi to the pier would be less than $10 from the Travel Inn, unless there is a traffic issue of some sort.

The Travel Inn no longer offers free parking for guests during their stay.

No hotel in Manhattan offers free parking, even during your stay at the hotel, much less while you're on your cruise.

You should post your question on the East Coast Departures board. When doing so it will be helpful to include information such as the date you want to stay at a hotel, how many people you have in your party, approximate budget, and where you're driving from. All that will help us give you the best possible suggestions.

As I always suggest when these questions come up, look into hotels in Staten Island, NY. Theres a few nice hotels with large parking lots that you can definitely leave a vehicle in for no charge. If staying in SI, you'd have to take a taxi to the SI Ferry, and take the Ferry into NYC (ferry is FREE) than its a short cab ride to the cruise terminal.

As I always suggest when these questions come up, look into hotels in Staten Island, NY. Theres a few nice hotels with large parking lots that you can definitely leave a vehicle in for no charge. If staying in SI, you'd have to take a taxi to the SI Ferry, and take the Ferry into NYC (ferry is FREE) than its a short cab ride to the cruise terminal.

your "short cab ride" from Staten Island ferry is hardly accurate. It's going to be a costly cab ride.

We looked into the Marriott Courtyard in Newport Jersy City, NJ, which has a train station right next door. We had heard from people in the New York ports of call board that it was very convenient to go into the city. And it's easier to reach the SOL and Ellis Island from Liberty Park on the New Jersey side, as you avoid those lines in Battery Park.

The Pope is visiting during our stay so we are staying in Newark until he's out of town. But people told us that usually that Courtyard has rates much less than in the city. I don't know about parking in Jersey City though.

One thing to remember for people coming from further away is even though Parking at port or close to port. Any be expensive after or before the cruise you can leave your bags in the car and explore the city. Much harder to store your bags if you park in other states and take public transport in

We have only done it 1 way with a variation here and there. Stay in NJ and use the ferry parking for the duration of the cruise. If you want to see the CITY park at the ferry terminal, grab your bags, get on the ferry, hail a cab to a reasonable hotel (if that's possible), enjoy the day, wake up late, do some walkin' around, hail a cab and check in. Sounds like a barn burner, but it is quite simple, convenient, and very reasonable. (especially the parking at port imperial) Get off the ship, walk 2-3 blocks, jump on the ferry, load the luggage in the car and off you go.

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on 47th whch is a block and a half from port

& offers free breakfast & wifi.

Next door is a Holday Inn Express

I just walked into port next a.m. = easy peesy!

What did you do with your car? The OP wants free parking.

Thanks for all the responses but I think we are just going to spend the money to park at the pier for the convenience factor. We are traveling with two 8 year olds and while all the info you gave sounds easy to most it can be rather difficult with kids and luggage. Thank you all for the replies though. It helped me make up my mind:)

Thanks for all the responses but I think we are just going to spend the money to park at the pier for the convenience factor. We are traveling with two 8 year olds and while all the info you gave sounds easy to most it can be rather difficult with kids and luggage. Thank you all for the replies though. It helped me make up my mind:)

Hi OP - I'm coming to the thread late, but I wanted to let you know what we're doing. We're coming into NYC from Quebec, Canada the day before our cruise. We are staying at the Pod 51 Hotel http://www.thepodhotel.com/ in one of their bunk bed rooms - very fun and funky (and in our price range). Our plan is to check in and drop off our luggage at the hotel, then drive to the Park Right lot (close to the Pier) to drop off the car (the hotel doesn't have their own parking, so this way the car is parked and done with), then we're going to play tourist for a night and slowly make our way back to the hotel for the night. On cruise day, we'll take a short cab ride to the pier. http://parkright.com/670-w-43-st-new-york.shtml

Good luck and have fun!

Hi i am sailing on the Gem November 23, 2015... I live in New York, on Long Island Area...Being as the Gem is sailing on a Monday, i am taking the Greyhound into Manhattan on the day before the cruise which is a Sunday, and i am staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites/Manhattan/Times Square....got a good deal on a Standard King Room for $119 for the night...with all the taxes it came for the night $140.05...which is a pretty good deal...Hotel is located right across from the Port Authority on West 40th Street....next morning i will take the taxi down to the terminal....

We're driving in from Quebec the day before we sail, staying at Embassy Suites in Seacaucus, which offers free parking for 10 days, plus a ride to the port with their cruise and park package. You do have to make return arrangements to the hotel for after the cruise, but wayyyy cheaper than parking at the port.