Question about sail away party?????

lele100

I have been on 18 Carnival cruises and not once did it rain on the day we sail away and have the sail away party on the Lido Deck. My question is what happens if it is raining and thunderstorms that day, do they move the party inside do they cancel it completely and do something else??? We are leaving Saturday and it is calling for 80% chance of rain with thunderstorms :( so upset

Lately doesnt really seem like they have much of a sailaway party in good weather

They have a DJ who only plays the most brilliant music.

OP, they may postpone it to the first port of call depending on the Cruise Director.

We were in San Juan in May and it rained at sailaway. They moved the party to the disco.

what?? Kinda defeats the sail away --LOL

(but san juan is a different sail away== they do not leave til later in the evening anyways

I have been on 18 Carnival cruises and not once did it rain on the day we sail away and have the sail away party on the Lido Deck. My question is what happens if it is raining and thunderstorms that day, do they move the party inside do they cancel it completely and do something else??? We are leaving Saturday and it is calling for 80% chance of rain with thunderstorms :( so upset

LOL. We only had one rainout, and that was out of San Juan. But being it was after 10pm, it was all so anticlimactic, as well as funny. No one saw it coming, so it was a massive sprint.