Oasis Specialty restaurants

psulion_1989

Hi all.

We are cruising Oasis for the first time in April. I was wondering what specialty restaurants are worth the cost. We've been fans of Chops on other RCI cruises, we felt it was better than Portofinos, but I've heard Chops on Oasis is not as good????

:-) Carolyn

We very much enjoyed Giovanni's Table -- had dinner there three nights. :)

The food at Chops was good ... but it the noise level kept it from being as pleasant as normal.

We didn't have dinner at 150 Central Park until the end of the week. Loved it and would go back.

LuLu

~~~~

Our favorite dinner on Oasis by far was the Chef's Table that is held in the Concierge Club. Some of the best food we've ever had on a ship. Well worth the cost. Delicious creative food paired with wonderful wines. A very fun evening.

We also enjoyed the Solarium Bistro for dinner and Izumi. Both were nice surprised. Chops and Giovanni's Table were both fine. Surprisingly for us, we were underwhelmed by 150 Central Park. I know people love this restaurant and maybe it was just an off night but the food was just so-so and the service far below what it should have been.

I often think these experiences are all about expectations. 150 Central Park fell far below our expectations while places like Solarium Bistro and Izumi were far above what we expected.

Enjoy whatever you try!

We very much enjoyed Giovanni's Table -- had dinner there three nights. :)

The food at Chops was good ... but it the noise level kept it from being as pleasant as normal.

We didn't have dinner at 150 Central Park until the end of the week. Loved it and would go back.

LuLu

~~~~

I am going on my first Oasis cruise this summer and while I have enjoyed Chops on many other ships I was wondering how the "noise level" on the Oasis differed?

Shak

I am going on my first Oasis cruise this summer and while I have enjoyed Chops on many other ships I was wondering how the "noise level" on the Oasis differed?

Shak

It was certainly not a deal breaker. We had dinner at Chops twice.

The tables were closer together than we remember at other Chops so there was somewhat more noise and seemed more crowded. The food and service were both good! :)

LuLu

~~~