Downy wrinkle Releaser: Question....

big al

I just bought Downy Wrinkle Releaser for our Oasis cruise 10/27...It says on the back to just "spray" the article of clothing...then "tug & smooth", then "hang"...so, when you take your blouses/ shirts,whatever, out of the suitcase, you just spray, tug & smooth and let it hang FOR HOW LONG?..I take it this is always to be done on DRY CLOTHING, NEVER wet clothing? Sorry for the stupid questions, but some of the gals on our cruise are 1st timers & are upset you can't bring an iron on board when I told them ..so I bought the Downy product because several people posted it...Thanks!

Big Al

Downey Wrinkle Release is something we use at home too. Yes, use it on dry clothes only. Spray, tug, smooth and hang it up until the dampness dries. We don't usually do all the clothing pieces at once. When we get to our cabin, while we are tucking our zip lock bags with our undies, etc in the cubbies and drawers, we take a few of the pieces that may look wrinkled, hang them in the bathroom with the hot water going in the shower. That steams most o the wrinkles out. I'm lazier about getting around to spritzing everything with the Downey and sometimes wait until the morning/evening while getting ready. This is the BEST invention ever. Works so good you may decide never to iron, even at home, ever again.

Downey Wrinkle Release is something we use at home too. Yes, use it on dry clothes only. Spray, tug, smooth and hang it up until the dampness dries. We don't usually do all the clothing pieces at once. When we get to our cabin, while we are tucking our zip lock bags with our undies, etc in the cubbies and drawers, we take a few of the pieces that may look wrinkled, hang them in the bathroom with the hot water going in the shower. That steams most o the wrinkles out. I'm lazier about getting around to spritzing everything with the Downey and sometimes wait until the morning/evening while getting ready. This is the BEST invention ever. Works so good you may decide never to iron, even at home, ever again.

I spray and blast it with the hair dryer while pulling on the fabric.

Just be aware that fabrics like silk will stain. Use only on washable fabrics.

Thanks , both for responses! So DRY CLEAN ONLY fabrics is a NO NO?..I know about hanging up in the bathroom w/ hot water on, but never considered using the hair dryer, thanks!

Definitely only use it on washable fabrics, no dry clean only.

if you pack well, most wrinkles with fall out if you hang the garment as soon as you get in your cabin and then put it in the bathroom to steam up a bit while you are int eh shower. The only thing I've ever had to send out for ironing was my husbands dress shirts. I brought them straight from the dryer, un-ironed, and spend the $1.25 each to get them done. :)

To make your own mix one teaspoon fabric softener and one cup of water. Don't make too much because it doesn't seem to hold up. I've used it this way for years.

For travel I take a small empty spray bottle and pre measured fabric softener in a separate container. mix with water and spray.

Use it in the morning before you wear it. It's not 'made' to be done just before you put it on. We use it on shirts and my husband's suit for formal nights. However, most ships have a laundry with ironing boards and irons for passengers to use. Ask your room steward where they are.

I have also found if you have something that has quite a few wrinkles. Which is usually my dress. I can hang it in the bathroom when we shower and just the hot steam that builds up in the bathroom can help soften out those wrinkles. If you think of it, once you get out of the shower and dry off you can do the same thing withy your wrinkles, just kind of smooth them out with your hands and give them a quick tug. It works wonders!!!

I agree with everything the above poster says, so it must be the way to go. Lol:D