Should we book Hilton FLL for $98?

Isa65

This sounds like a good price but have you also priced it on LMT (Last Minute Travel Club)..I found the best rate for my Embassy Suites pre-cruise in Oct on this website and they were offering no membership fees..Many have recommended LMT..Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks. We booked LMT hotels often and are also club members. But I think it's a little too early to find real deals on LMT.

$98 seemed like a good rate, but I don't want to commit before I get advice from others here on CC on this hotel (and whether it's truly a good deal).

Looking for a hotel at the end of April 2014 and now on Hotwire we can get the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for $98/night.

Do we take it or wait for a better deal elsewhere? Thanks!

Edit: I didn't see the word "Marina" so never mind.

I would accept any good hotel by the port for under $100 in April. The Hilton is a very good choice too.:)

I, too, wonder how they know it's the Hilton Marina on Hotwire. The title of their thread made me think it was the Hilton Airport which is scheduled for demolition about that time.

Friends of mine just booked this through Hotwire yesterday (same dates), that's how we know it's the Hilton Marina.;)

Your post was confusing because the Hilton FLL and the Hilton Marina are two completely different properties. The Hilton FLL is schedule to be demolished next spring.

Your post was confusing because the Hilton FLL and the Hilton Marina are two completely different properties. The Hilton FLL is schedule to be demolished next spring.

Which is a great decision as that hotel was REALLY dated.

At the moment the Renaissance is available for $100 per night. Not bad either, huh?

At the moment the Renaissance is available for $100 per night. Not bad either, huh?

Wasn't the Renaissance offering a special recently...also some one posted about a very low rate for this hotel using Groupon (not sure how that works).

We have stayed at the FLL Marina a couple of times and scored it for right about the same price - once it was $92 but that was in September so $98 in April is great - IMO. We have no complaints with the property for that price.

Looking for a hotel at the end of April 2014 and now on Hotwire we can get the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for $98/night.

WTH?

Seriously the Hilton??? How much cheaper do you think you'll get this hotel? You do realize what a nice hotel it is right?

Wholly guacamole`!! I would grab that as fast as I could!! We love the Hilton Marina, but we've never paid less than $150 for it!

Go grab it....now, now!!:)

I've lived in Fort Lauderdale for 25 years, and only on Cruise Critic have I seen the city referred to by its airport code FLL. It does get very confusing. :eek:

I've lived in Fort Lauderdale for 25 years, and only on Cruise Critic have I seen the city referred to by its airport code FLL. It does get very confusing. :eek:

I read the title to this thread, assumed the OP was talking about the Hilton Airport, replied only to see the mention of the Hilton Marina in the text.

Once the Hilton Airport is demolished, I wonder how much pressure that will put on the rest of the PE/FLL properties? Since it's probably going to happen in April, it may take until the Fall to manifest itself, although they're building a new 130-something room hotel at the corner of Griffin and Angler's Ave.

The Hilton Airport Hotel near the airport is far from being a dump. The hotel is located on the perimeter of Fort Lauderdale/ Hollywood International Airport. It's being demolished because the airport is in the process of building a second major runaway capable of landing large commercial aircraft. Broward County is paying approximately sixty million dollars to have the building removed so that the area is designated as an emergency crash zone for the new runway. The construction project at the airport is massive. The actual runaway is being built right over U.S Highway 1 which straddles the eastern boundary of the airport. The piles of dirt are over ten stories high. I wouldn't worry about staying at that location for one minute. It's unfortunate that a hotel that nice has to be torn down, but that's progress I guess.

They are tearing down the Hilton by the FLL airport? That's where we are staying in February, pre cruise. Is it a dump? Should I keep looking?

As Corby just stated and I did as well in this thread, Broward County paid $62,000,000.00 so they can tear it down, but that won't happen until April or later.

While the Hilton Airport is not a dump, it is isolated and there's nothing close by and they don't offer a shuttle service like the Homewood Suites and the Fairfield Inn that are nearby offer their guests.

Hi Isa65,

How do you identify the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina & the Renaissance on Hotwire? What amenities do I have to look for to choose the right hotel? We will also be needing a hotel in Fort Lauderdale from april 18-21 2014. Thanks in advance!

Hi Isa65,

How do you identify the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina & the Renaissance on Hotwire? What amenities do I have to look for to choose the right hotel? We will also be needing a hotel in Fort Lauderdale from april 18-21 2014. Thanks in advance!

The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is not available anymore :(....

For the Renaissance:

4-star Hotel in Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pet friendly

Pet friendly - terms apply

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible path of travel

36 inch wide flat or ramped paths from the parking lot to the front desk and from the front desk to guest rooms

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Handicapped parking

Handicapped parking available

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

I got a really decent rate at the HH FLL compared to what I saw at other properties. I take it you mean shuttle service to the port?? What would you say a cab will run? If I can find reasonable airfare to arrive on Feb 14th, it will only be for 1 night anyway.

I got a really decent rate at the HH FLL compared to what I saw at other properties. I take it you mean shuttle service to the port?? What would you say a cab will run? If I can find reasonable airfare to arrive on Feb 14th, it will only be for 1 night anyway.

What is the HH FLL?

The Hyatt House Ft Lauderdale Airport?

Archived