How soon can you order room service?

Amolin

We plan on boarding the ship as early as possible. Can room service be ordered for lunch on the balcony? Can we order snacks around 5? Just wondering what the schedule is for the first day.

There is no room service on embarkation day (to the best of my knowledge). The crew have far too much to do getting everything ready, luggage unloaded and goods on board. Room service starts the next day (first full day of the cruise).

We plan on boarding the ship as early as possible. Can room service be ordered for lunch on the balcony? Can we order snacks around 5? Just wondering what the schedule is for the first day.

We normally are on board our ships between 11:30 and noon. Since I have an allergy, I generally check out our stateroom and verandah and then call Room Service for a Carafe of coffee and either a Club Sandwich or a Burger. The wait is generally longer though on embarkation day so I know that it takes on average the first day of 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours.

I've read where others say it is not available on embarkation day, but have been really lucky I guess because I have never been told it is not available.

Joanie

We ordered room service dinner on the first night NA last year and had no problems. (One of us was ill and confined to the cabin.)

If the ship quarantines you, they will always provide room service. If they want you to stay in your cabin, they know you have to eat.

On our last cruise we were too tired on the first night (that' a story for another day;))to go out and eat. Had a couple of club sandwiches and pie sent to the room. No questions and no problem. Meal was at our door in about 30 minutes from the time I called.

I'm not much of a Lido person, and it's so busy with everyone boarding. And the diningroom doesn't do much for me on the first day for lunch either. Usually go to the Lido and pick up lunch and bring it back to our cabin to eat on the balcony.

I usually do the same - but last cruise we decided to do lunch on the Westerdam in the MDR - it was really good and the waiters were very welcoming. It's not something we do a lot or worry about - but it was great.

We had no trouble ordering room service on first day.....it was for dinner ( off MDR menu )....we had a lovely table for two reserved but my wonderful husband took one look at his exhausted wife and suggested balcony dining (just one of the reasons I married him ;))

We flew from Oregon to Florida on the redeye with 2 stops...We were tired by the time we got to the ship around 2. My mom arrived about 2 hours before we did from Chicago and let me tell you that room service on the balcony of the Eurodam was my absolute favorite that day! We had salmon, shrimp, salads and desserts while we waited for the ship to set sail.

So yes you can order room service on the day you arrive! Well worth after such a long flight!

Archived