Carnival Safe to Cruise

koss78b2

So I have to ask, why are you on a carnival CC FORUM? If you have never been on a carnival ship than you have no reference.

However, rather than debate with ignorance I say good, stay home. But you had better not ride in a car either because by comparison, they are far more dangerous.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Hello Ms. Julia,

I read many forums and I have a professional interest as well as a passenger interest. I would also point out I di not start this thread, I only commented on it and answered the polite responses and questions put to me.

I have been on 1 carnival cruise and 4 surveys on various Carnival Inc. vessels.

I may not have detailed knowledge about the bar keepers skill, I know a lot more about the operational polices and design of the vessels then anyone else here as a passenger.

I have also not told anyone else not the sail Carnival I am just pointing out the history I know and why me family and friends do not.

AKK

Edited by Tonka's Skipper

Well i woukd feel safe on royal ncl or carnival. However you want to point out carnival incidents and i would argue RCI has had just as many over thier past. Just look at the fire on granduer of the seas. You said earlier the fire on triumph and splendor could have resulted in loss of life. I would argue the fire in granduer was far more serious because of its close proximity to passagener spaces. Or how about the recent celebrity ship that had to cancel future cruises and go into an early dry dock for mechanical problems? You want to single carnival out for not being safe? Based on your maritime experience? Sounds like you just want to trash carnival and not look at the facts of all cruise line incidents. Again i would feel safe on any cruise line.

I certainty am not saying other lines have not had issues. Carnival issues are more often and often due to design and errors in operation and safety inspections and rules.

To be very honest your comment about the Grandeur shows your reaching really hard to make Carnival look good.

The fires on the Splendor was due to design errors and lack of training of the crew and lack of operation and design manuals...... The vessel was actual never provided with the correct operating manuals. and the triumph due to material failure. There the fast action of the crews did save the vessel.

The fire on the Grandeur was likely due to a cigarette thrown down to the aft mooring deck likely by a passenger. While it was Smokey, it was much smaller then the Carnival fires and not likely to have set the whole engine rooms a blaze.

The Queen Mary II had a fire as well again poor design and lack of back up systems. The reports say what likely saved that vessel was the better training the original Cunard Line gave the cm's.

Don't forget the Estacy and a few others.

Lets talk the Destiny class and all the vessels continued major propulsion gear issues due to faulty design. One of the reasons for the major rebuild of the Destiny and renamed SUNSHINE.

I think I have made my points.

AKK

I feel as safe on Carnival as I do the other lines I have sailed on. In fact I would feel safer now on a Carnival ship than I would boarding an airplane, which I am still going to do in a couple of months. Things can happen any where at any time. I'm not the type to let worry about "what ifs" stop me from enjoying life. IMHO that's just a waste of my time.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I think I have made my points.

AKK

Nope Tonka I do not think you have. I'm going along every other post here stating how safe Carnival is. Anyone with a few minutes on their hand just has to go read your past post, many that degrade Carnival. How does anyone take someone that decides to come over to the Carnival board just to be negative serious? Pretty sad. If you are happy with DCL, hey knock yourself out. No one here holding that against you.

Edited by gregg204

Nope Tonka I do not think you have. I'm going along every other post here stating how safe Carnival is. Anyone with a few minutes on their hand just has to go read your past post, many that degrade Carnival. How does anyone take someone that decides to come over to the Carnival board just to be negative serious? Pretty sad. If you are happy with DCL, hey knock yourself out. No one here holding that against you.

That is up to you, no one are produced anything to show I am wrong..........the only real comments is that some of the links may have some wrong dates or information, but the bulk of it is all true. No proof it is wrong.

Carnival fighting with the USCG, not a peep........That is a big issue there.

No one has said the information I provided is wrong.....just other lines have issues which I agreed with.

A forum is for discussion, if all you want is discussion that agrees with you..........why bother??? Who could take people or a group that just agrees with each other seriously???

AS I said I never started this thread, nor did I ever tell anyone not to sail Carnival............only what my family and friend do and that is not sail Carnival.

AKK

With some of the bad media Carnival as gotten

would it be safe to do a carnival cruise these days? thinking of one in October? Anyone still recommend Carnival?

Not a big fan of cruise junkie event at sea but take a look, other lines have lots of "event" so I wouldn't hesitate to book on Carnival.

The four mass market cruise lines rank right next to each other in the ranks of incidents on board vs. number of passengers. Disney is no safer, nor any more dangerous than is Carnival. The very statistics that Tonkas Skipper linked to prove this.

If your kids like a more structured atmosphere, then they will be happy with Disney. MOST kids that I have interviewed over the years much prefer the Carnival programs to those of any competing line. They are much more activity oriented and, while parents might not appreciate it, the kids love the flexibility of their system.

With some of the bad media Carnival as gotten

would it be safe to do a carnival cruise these days? thinking of one in October? Anyone still recommend Carnival?

So, here's my two cents....yes! I have cruised Disney, Royal Caribbean and in a few weeks Norwegian. To date, I believe Carnival is the best bang for your buck. Safety was never an issue. Even if you consider the misfortunes of the Triumph, no one was going to die. Did it stink...without question (literally). But unless I misread something, peoples lives were not at stake.

I also very much love the Carnival passengers. They are fun, easy going, willing to talk about anything and genuine. While my Royal Caribbean experiences are only two - I think they were a bit stuffier. Nothing wrong with that and I would imagine they think the Queen Mary passengers are stuffier than them. ;-)

So, for me and my family...Carnival is our every day cruise line. We will still do DCL because we are Disney fans, but most likely no more Royal Caribbean.

Good luck!

Edited by kurukthemal

So I have to ask, why are you on a carnival CC FORUM? If you have never been on a carnival ship than you have no reference.

However, rather than debate with ignorance I say good, stay home. But you had better not ride in a car either because by comparison, they are far more dangerous.

He's here because the Concordia subject is almost dead. ;)

Bad things happen on every line. Just like bad things happen on planes, trains, cars, etc. Human error can and does happen as well. That's the risk you take when you leave your home every day. Bad things can even happen inside of your home. Life is a giant game of risk.

Edited by Mrs CruisinCritter

I don't understand why your only allowed the one view here..............or is it the facts are what some are trying to hide?

AKK

Facts? There are NO facts that state Carnival is anymore unsafe than any other cruise line including your precious DCL.

As for you commenting on Carnival after never setting foot on one of their ships is just weird. I've never sailed anything but Carnival and no way would I put my two cents in on another cruise lines' operations because I've haven't sailed with them to know and also I have a life.

Edited by gregg204

TONKA,

Facts? There are NO facts that state Carnival is anymore unsafe than any other cruise line including your precious DCL.

As for you commenting on Carnival after never setting foot on one of their ships is just weird. I've never sailed anything but Carnival and no way would I put my two cents in on another cruise lines' operations because I've haven't sailed with them to know and also I have a life.

facts:

1. Please note my information and the links......all showing serious safety issues as the accidents and fires etc, have proved, many more issue then the number of ships should have. In fact there was a USCG report very upset with the splendor. Seems interesting that report disappeared from on line shortly after it was issued, but the media article is at least part of the story.

2. Please read back posts, I did take 1 cruise and did 4 surveys onboard Carnival vessels. However, frankly the safety and design issues are things passengers really have little access to the information or areas of the ship or training and policies to decide or evaluate and make a decision.

anything else Gregg?

AKK

Bad things happen on every line. Just like bad things happen on planes, trains, cars, etc. Human error can and does happen as well. That's the risk you take when you leave your home every day. Bad things can even happen inside of your home. Life is a giant game of risk.

Agreed Erica, It is more the unnecessary risk.

AKK

Go! Cruise! Have Fun!

If sailing in October in the Caribbean, be aware there's a slightly better chance of a hurricane or tropical storm in the area (hence lower prices in hurricane season), but that impacts all cruise lines equally.

facts:

1. Please note my information and the links......all showing serious safety issues as the accidents and fires etc' date=' have proved, many more issue then the number of ships should have. In fact there was a USCG report very upset with the splendor. Seems interesting that report disappeared from on line shortly after it was issued, but the media article is at least part of the story.

2. Please read back posts, I did take 1 cruise and did 4 surveys onboard Carnival vessels. However, frankly the safety and design issues are things passengers really have little access to the information or areas of the ship or training and policies to decide or evaluate and make a decision.

anything else Gregg?

AKK[/quote']

I guess my issue is that by posting links do not post facts. (And we all know everything found on the internet is 100% correct).

And, being that I am into research, I know full well "surveys" and/or research are able to be manipulated to serve a purpose.

Research is supposed to be unbiased, which I do not see in your post. To any survey or research you have conducted would be influenced by your own bias from the start.

I am sorry Julia,

I of course disagree, and since nothing would change your opinion, I would only point out that I am not a survey taker, I am a marine surveyor, accident investigator and my reviews on Carnival or any assignment has to do with those areas, not taking paper ballots or asking questions in a poll.

AKK