Latest I can debark from Getaway

Hi! I'm cruising the Getaway in January 2018, and want to know the latest time I can pick to debark, as my flight is not until 4:20pm. I cruised the Getaway this past January, but left with a tour right at 9:00am, so I wasn't aware of the debarking times available. Then I have to figure out transportation back to FLL from Port of Miami. Has anyone used the shuttle provided by the cruise line? How did that work out, and cost? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi! I'm cruising the Getaway in January 2018, and want to know the latest time I can pick to debark, as my flight is not until 4:20pm. I cruised the Getaway this past January, but left with a tour right at 9:00am, so I wasn't aware of the debarking times available. Then I have to figure out transportation back to FLL from Port of Miami. Has anyone used the shuttle provided by the cruise line? How did that work out, and cost? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you use the NCL shuttle you will need to get off the ship somewhere around 9 am. If you choose to get back to FLL another way, you won't be able to stay on all that much longer. Maybe an hour or so

Staying onboard is hardly relaxing..you have to be OUT of the cabin by around 8am...so you're simply hanging out in public areas. Check out SAS Transportation for your trip from Miami to Ft. Laud. A cab is too expensive. Another option is a car rental....so you can get off, tour on your own a bit, before heading to Ft. Laud .

The cruise line will leave paperwork in your cabin for you to fill out about your return home flight time, usually about 3 days before the cruise ends. When you hand that in, you will be given luggage tags with a certain color or number on it for your disembarkation time. For passengers with flight before 12 pm you usually disembark around 8 am. For passengers that have flights from 12 to 3 pm you usually disembark at 9 am, sometimes 930 am.

Cruise line transfer buses run until 10 am from the cruise port. NCL will shuttle your from either Miami or FLL, so you can fly into either airport. That is the only way I get from the airport to the cruise terminal and return. It is the cruise lines responsibility, when you purchase a transfer, to get you to the airport on time. You have to wait for the bus to become full before they will leave, so sometimes you have a 15 to 20 minute wait.

I usually fly into Fort Lauderdale, even if I am sailing from Miami, because my flight is less expensive to FLL. The transfer runs about $45 round trip.

Candie

The cruise line will leave paperwork in your cabin for you to fill out about your return home flight time, usually about 3 days before the cruise ends. When you hand that in, you will be given luggage tags with a certain color or number on it for your disembarkation time. For passengers with flight before 12 pm you usually disembark around 8 am. For passengers that have flights from 12 to 3 pm you usually disembark at 9 am, sometimes 930 am.

That isn't the procedure for NCL.

You choose your own colour tags based on your requirements if you are travelling independently. If you have booked an NCL transfer (or if you booked your flights with NCL and therefore get a transfer) then I believe they may automatically allocate you a colour (I haven't done that for many years so can't say for sure).

I was on an NCL about 8 months ago and I had to fill out paperwork and they chose my debarkation time. They went by the time of my flight, which was at 1145 am, and I was off the ship at 830 am. I purchased transfers from NCL too. Maybe they have changed the way they are doing disembarkation.

I was on an NCL about 8 months ago and I had to fill out paperwork and they chose my debarkation time. They went by the time of my flight, which was at 1145 am, and I was off the ship at 830 am. I purchased transfers from NCL too. Maybe they have changed the way they are doing disembarkation.

I suspect that was because you booked a transfer, so they will try to get you off of the ship at an appropriate time for the transfer to their flight. It would make sense for them to want to know flight times for that.

If you are travelling independently then you just choose your own time. That has been the case for every one of my cruises over the past few years, up to my last one two months ago.

My concern is when the buffet shuts down.

We usually are among the first to walk off, but off our TA in Oct we have an afternoon flight and plan to vacate our cabin early for a leisurely breakfast in the Garden Café. Doable!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My concern is when the buffet shuts down.

We usually are among the first to walk off, but off our TA in Oct we have an afternoon flight and plan to vacate our cabin early for a leisurely breakfast in the Garden Café. Doable!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone for the advice. Our flight is not until 4:40pm and I certaintly don't want to hang around FLL any longer than I have to, as that airport is possibly one of the worst I've ever had to fly out of! Not bad to fly into, but to fly out of, it is a nightmare! It is a small airport that seems to get many more passengers than it can handle, with never enough seating or food venue choices. It makes waiting for a flight painful!

Useful information. Does anyone know if this applies to NCL sailings that disembark in Europe (Hamburg)?

Useful information. Does anyone know if this applies to NCL sailings that disembark in Europe (Hamburg)?

It only applies if you are taking an NCL transfer.

In your situation, your best bet will be to carry off your own bags, in which case you don't need a luggage tag at all. If you can't carry your own bags off then you will want to grab the earliest available coloured tag for independent travellers. That is likely to delay you by 30 minutes plus compared to self walk off.