Cancelled Dawn cruises?

leekel619

Just received this email from NCL:

IMPORTANT: INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CRUISE

Dear Valued Guests & Travel Partners,

Norwegian Dawn's 7-Day Bermuda sailing from Boston on June 3, 2016 is no longer available as the Norwegian Dawn will be out of service for maintenance and refurbishments. Norwegian Cruise Line sincerely apologizes for this cancellation and would like to thank you for your understanding. Our goal is to ensure that you still have the vacation of a lifetime with Norwegian.

It would be our pleasure to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings from October 7, 2016 to October 21, 2016 and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until December 31, 2017 at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards your reservation. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

We look forward to hearing from you by Monday, October 19, 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. If we do not receive a response by Monday, October 19, 2015, your reservations will be cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart Vice President, Passenger Services

Edited by fonekween

We booked an aft penthouse suite for this sailing. Booked it last December. I am very disappointed about this announcement. I have not received the email yet but looked up the June sailings on NCL and both June 3rd and 10th sailings are off the web site. I don't understand why they would not honor my booking price on any sailing from Boston to Bermuda vs limiting to just two sailings in Oct.

I glad they announced it now 9months early but they had plenty of time to make the refurbishment happen as scheduled. Would like to know why it will now take 2 extra weeks.

I don't understand why they would not honor my booking price on any sailing from Boston to Bermuda vs limiting to just two sailings in Oct.

They are. Those are the only 7 day Boston to Bermuda cruises available.

We booked an aft penthouse suite for this sailing. Booked it last December. I am very disappointed about this announcement. I have not received the email yet but looked up the June sailings on NCL and both June 3rd and 10th sailings are off the web site. I don't understand why they would not honor my booking price on any sailing from Boston to Bermuda vs limiting to just two sailings in Oct.

I glad they announced it now 9months early but they had plenty of time to make the refurbishment happen as scheduled. Would like to know why it will now take 2 extra weeks.

As I recall that was the first sailing after the drydock. I had somewhat looked at that date but we now have other things booked for next year. That price protection for two weeks in October is a bunch of garbage but not unusual as to what NCL has been doing for cancelled cruises lately.

I received a similar notification but there's no date restriction except to respond by October 19, 2015. This cruise was an extra trip to celebrate my sister's 50th anniversary do I booked an ocean view. I'm hoping they honor the UBP I got as well as the price!

Norwegian Dawn's 7-Day Bermuda sailing from Boston on June 10, 2016 is no longer available as the Norwegian Dawn will be out of service for maintenance and refurbishments. Norwegian Cruise Line sincerely apologizes for this cancellation and would like to thank you for your understanding.

Our goal is to ensure that you still have the vacation of a lifetime with Norwegian.

It would be our pleasure to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per

stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are

currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship

excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until December 31, 2017 at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards your reservation. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

We look forward to hearing from you by Monday, October 19, 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. We are standing by to assist you on our

dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. If we do not receive a response by Monday, October 19, 2015, your reservations will be cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation.

Edited by phoenix1181
Tried to fix paragraphs....unsuccessfully!

They are extending the dry dock 2 weeks so the June 3 and 10 sailings are affected. It appears that two different letters went out. One has limits as to the protected fare - that being the sailings on the Dawn in Oct.

On the other thread there are also tales of people getting to move to the Breakaway or Gem out of NYC instead of the Dawn.

They are extending the dry dock 2 weeks so the June 3 and 10 sailings are affected. It appears that two different letters went out. One has limits as to the protected fare - that being the sailings on the Dawn in Oct.

On the other thread there are also tales of people getting to move to the Breakaway or Gem out of NYC instead of the Dawn.

Well it looks like june 3-10 option 1 is different from june 10-17 option1

june 3 letter option 1 :

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings from October 7, 2016 to October 21, 2016 and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

June 10 letter option 1 :

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per

stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are

currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship

the letter for June 3-10 is different we were given the option to book from Oct 7 to october 21, 2016

and the letter for june 10-17 were given the option any Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings

Is the Dawn going to be out of commission between June and October? What about July, August, and September?

The passengers on the june3-10 cruise were given Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings from October 7, 2016 to October 21, 2016 and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

and the passengers on the june10-17 cruise were given Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per

I was told by the agent there were more passenger booked on the june10-17 cruise that's the reason for 2 different letters

Not sure where you are seeing that - it has a long list of the 7 day pretty much as normal in summer 2016

I was seeing it on the NCL website. I went and looked as if I was a new cruiser wanting to book the Dawn to Bermuda for 7 nights, and those were the only options. All the other dates were longer cruises.

I was seeing it on the NCL website. I went and looked as if I was a new cruiser wanting to book the Dawn to Bermuda for 7 nights, and those were the only options. All the other dates were longer cruises.

All the Boston to Bermuda are 7 nights. Friday to Friday.

Today we re-booked our cancelled Jun 3 reservation to Jun 17.

October certainly wasn't what we wanted. So no, our price was not guaranteed.

Interesting that the Jun 10 people got to keep their rate.

I'm just going to forget about it now. I'm hopeful they won't suddenly need to cancel that week also.

I recd. a call today from NCl about this. I had 2 rooms booked on the June 3 cruise, we go every year. She gave me my options so I booked the Breakaway which will be a added travel expense to NY. Now I read that the 2nd cancelled cruise got to re book on the Dawn at the same price all season and we got offered Oct. Does not seem fair! I want to go on the Dawn but the prices are much higher than when I booked in January. I understand the cancellation, but not the different offers. Not happy with NCL!

Edited by Fremont

All the Boston to Bermuda are 7 nights. Friday to Friday.

Today we re-booked our cancelled Jun 3 reservation to Jun 17.

October certainly wasn't what we wanted. So no, our price was not guaranteed.

Interesting that the Jun 10 people got to keep their rate.

I'm just going to forget about it now. I'm hopeful they won't suddenly need to cancel that week also.

Did you get to book the same cabin?

We moved up to July1 from June10... kept the same cat. cabin...

this whole thing seems a bit mixed up..with some having to book on another ship and some going another time...

Does anyone here know if they're also matching the "free" packages? When I booked our oceanview cabin, it was eligible for the UBP but it isn't any longer.

I'll be calling them when I get home from work & am hoping I don't have to fight for it.

Does anyone here know if they're also matching the "free" packages? When I booked our oceanview cabin, it was eligible for the UBP but it isn't any longer.

I'll be calling them when I get home from work & am hoping I don't have to fight for it.

If you choose one of the options they are offering the UBP goes with it! I am getting ready to give them a call. Probably will not get anywhere but worth a phone call.

Did you get to book the same cabin?

We moved up to July1 from June10... kept the same cat. cabin...

this whole thing seems a bit mixed up..with some having to book on another ship and some going another time...

We got to keep our B1 category. Luckily there was one left. They're aft-facing balconies and there's only 6 back there. The others are suites.

But we have to pay more. We were the ones with the option to book in October with price guarantee/match (or whatever they call it) of what we're paying for the cancelled cruise.

Or we could have booked on Breakaway or Gem on the newly opened up price matching in May. I'm guessing these choices would be less since its earlier in season.

We wanted to stay on Dawn. And we did not want to wait till next October. [emoji52] So we transferred to the Any Cruise in Fleet at current rates option. Ouch.