Bali private driver

yayvacation!

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Amertha Dana drivers in Bali? I got the recommendation from a travel guide, but I was curious if anyone has first hand experience with this company?

If not can you recommend a driver for one day in port?

We also used Bali Dean and would highly recommend him. The day with Dean was particularly nice as a few days before we arrived at Bali, those on the tours through the ship were notified that their busses weren't going to be air conditioned. We enjoyed a lovely day with Dean in his nice, clean, air conditioned minivan. :D

We also used Bali Dean and would highly recommend him. The day with Dean was particularly nice as a few days before we arrived at Bali, those on the tours through the ship were notified that their busses weren't going to be air conditioned. We enjoyed a lovely day with Dean in his nice, clean, air conditioned minivan. :D

Hi

My name is Ron and we will be in Bali, on the Solstice January 28th 2012. Its a B2B Australia, New Zealand and Bali... How do you get in touch with these drivers. How much for a full day, for 2 people...Any help would be appreciated.

I found Bali Dean's contact info on Trip Advisor. The address I used was bali-deanX at dps dot centrin dot netX dot i In order to protect his address from the spam bots you'll need to replace the at and dot with the appropriate symbols and remove the 2 X.

It was a year and a half ago, but I 'think' the charge was 550,000 Indonesian rupiahs. At the time it was about $62 USD for the van for the day. There were 3 of us, so the price was very, very reasonable. :D Lunch was additional, but I think it was another $15 USD/pp. So, a tad under $36/pp. We did tip nicely on top of that. The restaurant Dean selected for us was perfect. The views of rice fields were beautiful and the menu was perfect for our friend who isn't an adventurous eater. We had very tasty Indonesian dishes and she was quite happy with her burger and fries. ;) Dean also had a ice cold cooler with water and sodas for us.

We have booked with Drivers with Distinction (Deans company) and we are paying $50 for 6 of us for a half day. I think it would not have been much more for a full day but we do not dock until 1pm.

Hi

My name is Ron and wife Joyce are would like to do Bali. Anyone doing a tour that we could join? We are doing Jan 28th B2B...Any help would be appreciated.. My email is Ronald at Wolff dot net

Edited by cruiser3169

Hi

My name is Ron and we will be in Bali, on the Solstice January 28th 2012. Its a B2B Australia, New Zealand and Bali... How do you get in touch with these drivers. How much for a full day, for 2 people...Any help would be appreciated.

I found Amertha through Frommer's travel guide, and then emailed him through his site. We decided to go with him because he was quick to respond and had great suggestions.

And other CC'ers had booked Dean full!! :)

Ron - have you jumped onto your rollcall yet to meet your fellow cruisers and see if anyone has anything planned? It's a great place to connect!

Would you have an email address for Dean in Bali..Would like to take a tour. Thanks Ron I can be reached at Ronald at Wolff dot net...

• 3 months later...

We are recently back from SE Asia cruise and followup in Bali. We enjoyed a wonderful day with Ngurah Wira (ngurah501@gmail.com) and his friend Agus (gusti.musica@yahoo.com), who is a cabin steward from our ship that we met on the plane to Bali as he started his two month leave. They took us to many places in Bali, after enquiring what our interests were. Their English was very good, and driving was safe (do NOT try driving on your own!). Rate was very reasonable. Recommended!

• 4 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone has experience with Amertha Dana drivers in Bali? I got the recommendation from a travel guide, but I was curious if anyone has first hand experience with this company?

We have just come back from Bali and had a great 2 days with our private driver - Kadek Anto - kadek@balifriend.net. He was a great guide, very friendly and very informative. At US$60 per day for a car for 4, it was excellent value

COLIN MOORE

We recently pre booked and used Wayan-Lian in Bali. He was booked already, but sent one of his drivers, as they all drive for : "drivers with distinction".

We had a 6 persons car, but it is more comfortable with just 4 persons.

wayan-lia@dps.centrin.net.id

Also in other indonesian ports we prebooked drivers, which worked out great.

We went on an amazing tour of Bali with Komang Wardiapa on Feb 20 & 21, 2013. You can contact him at Komang@bali-go-round.com . I could tell right away that things were going to be well organized as he replied promptly to my emails and answered all my questions. We arrived on a cruise ship that stayed overnight which allowed us do a tour on 2 consecutive days. We did the Absolute country Side Tour visiting Tanah Lot Temple, Jatiluwih Village of beautiful rice terraces, Ulun Danu Beratan Temple on a lake and an art market. On the second day we did the Ubud Tour visiting a 14th C temple, some art villages, a Balinese house compound and the Monkey Forest. Komang was very accommodating and flexible which was a good thing as our ship arrived 3 hours late and he had to rearrange some of our plans. We had a driver and Komang, the guide, and a large, comfortable 12 seater AC van for the 10 of us. The cost was very reasonable for the day and that included everything as well as all admissions and lunch. Komang’s English is excellent and he was very helpful with all our shopping and money exchanges. I can’t say enough about how much his infectious smile, outgoing personality and friendliness made this an exceptional tour and the highlight of our trip.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from Bali the end of March and had a fantastic experience with a driver. I would highly recommend him. His Name is Kadek and his email address is

kadek_poneil@yahoo.com. His rates are very reasonable and he is very knowledgable about Bali.\

email; (kadek_poneil@yahoo.com

Edited by 4grandchildren

• 6 months later...

We are sailing B2b on Solstice Feb 3 and Feb 21

I am not knowledgeable about how to use this website. It is complicated to me.

Does anyone have a private full day small group tour in Bali on Feb. 26,2014.

My husband and I would like to join if you have space.

My email address is drburrus@bellsouth.net

Thank you.

Merriday

We arrive in Bali on November 7th and wonder if anyone is interested in joining us on a private tour?

It's our first time in Asia and frankly we are panicking.

The Princess tours are absolutely awful!

Google "Drivers of Distinction" Bali. We had a driver for 4 from this company Surya he was very good. I think many of the cruise guests in January when we sailed used this company. We had a small 4 wheel drive vehicle but they do have mini buses. The price was cheap but can't remember exactly what it was. Prices are quoted on the website. We didn't have to pay before hand just pay when in Bali. If you don't find any one to go with you just hire the car yourselves for the day they will take you where ever you like. WE went to the monkey forest Ubud, the Elephant Safari day one stayed overnight in Ubud day 2 snorkelling shopping Kuta markets and factory outlets, cultural centre and jewellery factory. Hope this helps Jennifer:)

Nsa Dua(not sure about the spelling) is near where we tendered we did snorkelling here but it was deep water and windy the day we were there. A lot of hotels front the beach but there is an area where the do snorkelling, turtle island excursion and other water sports. On the Kuta side is the surf beaches. open countryside is north. The drivers will take you where ever you want to go and can recommend better than I can. The only restriction is time and traffic, I'M sure you mwould be happy with Drivers Of Distinction. Jennifer

Edited by SWANOZ

• 5 months later...

Are you looking for a private driver or guide on Bali, then I can recommend freDy. Last January 2013 we go on tour with FreDy it was a very pleasant experience.

A good guide/driver with smile, speaking perfect English, clean nice car, safe driver, one that shows the most beautiful places in Bali. I know just do not search book by Bali Distiction FreDy. Email; bali.fredy@yahoo.com Look at his video http://www.vimeo.com/85937203

• 1 year later...

I used Putu Supartana for five days plus pick up and return to the airport on two other days. He is excellent, speaks good English and is very good at working with tourists to arrange the perfect itinerary. I learned a great deal about Bali, the Hindu culture and various customs from our conversations.

He responds to emails promptly and will take the time to explain things to you before you arrive. I think I saw a lot of things off the beaten path that other guides don't take the tourists too. He is willing to drive long distances, whereas I found the other drivers balked at having to travel a long way each day, and tried to tell me it was too long a day to fit everything in, but Putu and I did it easily. I am happy I used Putu and saw what I wanted to see for less cost than most other drivers and companies.

putu.supartana@yahoo.com

http://www.putudriverinbali.wordpress.com/