Labadee dock

vaguy22

All of the ships that stop at Labadee use the pier. Even if there are two ships in on one day, they use both sides. That doesn't happen too often since RCI does a good job at scheduling their ships.

It actually happens fairly often, especially certain times of the year. Out of our 6 or so times there, there have been two ships 2-3 times. On Allure, we were the only ship there. You can check on cruisett and see what ships will be there on any given day. Ships are only there like 3 or 4 days a week. But looking at cruisett, there aren't two ships there at one time very often. I think they listened to the complaints about the crowds.

Edited by BND

It actually happens fairly often, especially certain times of the year. Out of our 6 or so times there, there have been two ships 2-3 times. On Allure, we were the only ship there. You can check on cruisett and see what ships will be there on any given day. Ships are only there like 3 or 4 days a week. But looking at cruisett, there aren't two ships there at one time very often. I think they listened to the complaints about the crowds.

I counted up for 2015 and there are only 10 days the whole year where there are 2 ships at Labadee. Thats less than once a month....

I just looked at the port schedule, and we're one of the lucky (????) ones who will have 2 ships in port next January. Has anyone actually experiences this? Are the crowds overwhelming, the buffet a zoo, loungers impossible to find? Any input will be appreciated! I had no idea they ever scheduled more than 1 ship at a time.

I just looked at the port schedule, and we're one of the lucky (????) ones who will have 2 ships in port next January. Has anyone actually experiences this? Are the crowds overwhelming, the buffet a zoo, loungers impossible to find? Any input will be appreciated! I had no idea they ever scheduled more than 1 ship at a time.

If you are the on the day of the Grandeur/Indy combo on the 9th, with a port load of almost 7,000, I would suspect it may be a zoo. For reference, Allure's port load is 5,400 and Freedom/Indy/Liberty is 4,400ish. We were there when just Freedom was there and it was quite busy, hard to imagine another ship load. As some advice, I would get off as early as possible and head all the way over to Columbus Beach. From what I saw, folks tend to "give up" after the long walk down the pier and congregate at the first beach they see (which is a rocky mess).

Actually, we'll be there on a day with 2 Celebrity ships ----Reflection and Constellation. I'll have to check the passenger loads, but one is S class and the other is the smaller M class. Come to think of it, I doubt there will be too many more than just on one of the mega RCI ships. So we should be OK.

I have been there on 1 ship days and 2 ship days. The buffet was crowded on both because they did not open the area by Columbus Cove when it was only the grandeur. We will be back in Labadee in 3 weeks. DH and I have decided we will eat very late and reboard the ship early to do that. If you want to eat on Labadee--eat early. They ran out of food the last time we were there. I asked one of the supervisors why they did not plan for the number of passengers they had. He said they expected us to stay on the ship.

Since it is docked at a pier, can you get on and off the ship at leisure? If we don't want to eat the BBQ on the island, can we get back on the ship for lunch on board and then get off again?

Yes you can.

It would be a leisurely 10-15 min walk one way.

Now mind you we have been to Labadee 5 x's and love it.

It is the reason we do the western route.

The beaches, the views, the excursions (jet ski, zip line, swimming).

You may actually not want to leave till they throw you off:eek:

Enjoy we do.

Since it is docked at a pier, can you get on and off the ship at leisure? If we don't want to eat the BBQ on the island, can we get back on the ship for lunch on board and then get off again?

We plan to do this in a couple of weeks. We've been to Labadee 5 times at least and have fought the crowds and flies for lunch (even on the Barefoot beach), so we decided to get off the ship early, get some beach time in and return to the ship for lunch and to change. We've never really explored the island so that is our plan for after lunch in the WJ.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info on CruiseTT at least I can prepare in advance for the 2 ships in port that day Grandeur and Independence. Unfortunatly Grandure arrives at 8am and we are at 10am.

My wife and I have been to Labadee many times and we've been there before the Pier and since the Pier with 1 ship and 2 and in the end it is always crowded at the buffet so I recommend eating early since everyone is starving at lunch time since it has only been 1 or 2 hours since their last meal. Just remember your on vacation and Labadee is one of the best stops on a RCCL Cruise and in most cases may be the last stop before returning to the Real World so take a deep breath and enjoy, you'll get enough stress when you get home. ;)