Can we make the 9:30 ferry?

nancynana9950

We will be on the 10/18-10/25 Breakaway. Dealing with the new docking times is a bit of a hassle. If we have already purchased our transportation passes by the time we dock on Wednesday will it be possible to catch the 9:30 ferry to St George? We will be the only ship in port at that time so I was wondering if the ferry would add a few minutes before departing knowing there would be lots of people coming off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

We are bummed that our ship doesn't dock until 9:00 am on Liberty of the Seas and a Carnival ship docks a full hour ahead of us so I think it is safe to assume that we won't make the first ferry 9:30 am over to St. George which puts I wrench into our plans.

We wanted to tour St. George first and then bus it over to the caves and the Swizzle Inn for a drink but now I think we will have to reverse our plans and take the 10:30 am ferry to Hamilton first. I wanted to end in Hamilton because we could stretch our options out a bit more due to the later departure of ferries to the Dockyard from there.

Has anyone made the 9:30 am ferry docking that late before?

Thanks

Donna

We are bummed that our ship doesn't dock until 9:00 am on Liberty of the Seas and a Carnival ship docks a full hour ahead of us so I think it is safe to assume that we won't make the first ferry 9:30 am over to St. George which puts I wrench into our plans.

We're in the same boat in September. I've been watching the LOS arrivals on the Dockyards webcam and notice that passengers frequently begin disembarking by 9:15 - 9:20, so I'm hoping that we will be able to make it. However, LOS will be the only ship in port that day.

Edited by MerrylandCruiser

The ferry dock is right there close to where you disembark right? It's been a few years since we went to Bermuda but I'm sure the Orange ferry is clearly marked? I might make a run for it if I think we have a chance and I will make sure we have the correct coin change just in case :)

I'm kind of wondering about our first day there as well. We dock on 9am and if the experience is anything like last time on the Dawn, we weren't cleared in time to catch the bus we had planned on getting at our arrival. :(

I just looked our date up and it looks like Carnival Sunshine will be there the same day we arrive (with them leaving that day but not until 6pm) and there will be over 7000 passengers. :eek: I'm wondering if we will even have a chance to catch the first ferry as well since they do still have a full day in port that day and the opportunity to go a further distance (St George) to spend the day and still make it back in time for departure.

We gave up trying to plan around public transit, especially when we found out there was another ship in port, and decided to go private. It will cost us a bit more but we will be able to see what we want to see.

We gave up trying to plan around public transit, especially when we found out there was another ship in port, and decided to go private. It will cost us a bit more but we will be able to see what we want to see.

Did you arrange for a private tour with a blue flag taxi driver? We might just suck up the cost and cab it over to St. George when we get off as I'm not really liking the idea of waiting another 2 hours for a ferry if we miss the 9:30 am one.

I figure it will cost around 60$ plus tip.....does anyone know how long a cab ride will be to St. George?

Thanks

Donna

Did you arrange for a private tour with a blue flag taxi driver? We might just suck up the cost and cab it over to St. George when we get off as I'm not really liking the idea of waiting another 2 hours for a ferry if we miss the 9:30 am one.

I figure it will cost around 60$ plus tip.....does anyone know how long a cab ride will be to St. George?

Thanks

Donna

Taxi to St. George's will cost about $75, plus tip, Mon - Sat for 1 -4 people.

Time will depend greatly on traffic conditions, but allow at least an hour.

Taxi to St. George's will cost about $75, plus tip, Mon - Sat for 1 -4 people.

Time will depend greatly on traffic conditions, but allow at least an hour.

Thank you so much......you are a wealth of information :)

Thanks

Donna

No, we booked with David Fox for an entire day; he was highly recommended here on CC and Trip Advisor. We're doing the usual tourist spots but the balance of the time will be in St. George. We're having lunch at Rum Swizzle where I hope to have my first, but not last, Dark & Stormy. After that David will be dropping us in Hamilton and we'll make our own way back to the dockyard.

No, we booked with David Fox for an entire day; he was highly recommended here on CC and Trip Advisor. We're doing the usual tourist spots but the balance of the time will be in St. George. We're having lunch at Rum Swizzle where I hope to have my first, but not last, Dark & Stormy. After that David will be dropping us in Hamilton and we'll make our own way back to the dockyard.

Sounds like a great day!