Places to eat from the InterContinental hotel?

Harrylinden

Going on the Equinox in May and staying at the InterContinental hotel for one night pre cruise.My question is what is availability within walking distance to eat and buy last minute stuff we need ,IE: CVS or a grocery store?

Going on the Equinox in May and staying at the InterContinental hotel for one night pre cruise.My question is what is availability within walking distance to eat and buy last minute stuff we need ,IE: CVS or a grocery store?

You will have both a Whole Foods and CVS very close buy.

As far as restaurants there are plenty of wonderful restaurants of all prices within a short distance including Toro Toro right in your hotel. What kind of food are you loooking for?

Food options are endless. Give us what you are looking for and any price range/atmosphere you are looking for and we can give you different specific options.

There are multiple CVS and Walgreens locations within blocks of your hotel, along with a wholefoods less than 5 minute walk away.

Thank you everyone for your response,s.:) We are interested in a chain restaurant like 5 guys or Outback something on those lines!

Well Bayside is your place to go then.

If you want burgers, skip 5-Fives, (which I love btw) and get something more local. Go the Mary Brickell area and go to Pincho Factory. Its a small Miami chain, and they have awesome burgers there. The Frintga is my favorite. You could also try Burger and Beer Joint for a more sit down/bar type setting.

Another place I suggest, and also not a chain, is Pollo Y Jarras. Its a casual Peruvian resturant very close to your hotel, a short walk. Check out the menu online, you will find something for everyone. Make sure to order a chaufa de pollo (rotisserie chicken fried rice) it is awesome.

If you are adamant on the chain thing though, other than your options in Bayside (Five-Guys, Bumba Gump Shrimp, Chillis, Hooters) and some other more local places in Bayside, there is PF Changs in Brickell, and a Cuban chain, Havana 1957 if you want to try some Cuban food, again you are going to be in Miami.

Your'e staying in the heart of Downtown Miami, no one is going to suggest chain restaurants, other than telling you where they are. There are much better options. Whatever you are looking for, its near by.

Skip the chain restaurants and eat like a local, all within walking distance of the Intercontinental:

El Cartel (Colombian)

Niu Kitchen (Spanish)

Bali (Indonesian)

Havana Tea & Coffee Company (Cuban)

Pollo y Jarras (Peruvian)

Ceviche 105 (Peruvian)

Fratelli Milano (Italian)

Soya y Pomodoro (Italian)

La Provence Downtown (French)

Skip the chain restaurants and eat like a local, all within walking distance of the Intercontinental:

El Cartel (Colombian)

Havana Tea & Coffee Company (Cuban)

Those two places have closed down unfortunately. Never tried Havana Tea but I enjoyed El Cartel. 100%, I don't ever recommend chains for visiting any cities, anywhere, but Miami one of the last places that its a good idea, so many options, especially in Downtown.

Well Bayside is your place to go then.

If you want burgers, skip 5-Fives, (which I love btw) and get something more local. Go the Mary Brickell area and go to Pincho Factory. Its a small Miami chain, and they have awesome burgers there. The Frintga is my favorite. You could also try Burger and Beer Joint for a more sit down/bar type setting.

Your'e staying in the heart of Downtown Miami, no one is going to suggest chain restaurants, other than telling you where they are. There are much better options. Whatever you are looking for, its near by.

I love Pincho Factory and that's my favorite burger! Was thrilled when they opened here.

To the OP, I will say that the food at the Bavaria House at Bayside which is a chain is really good. I hate Bayside, but I will sometimes head here for beer and food and we have all always been happy.