Umbrella Stroller

djcass4199

I did a search for umbrella stroller recommendations and wasn't too impressed with what I found.

I am looking for recommendations for my DW on a good umbrella stroller for our 6 mo old on our upcoming cruise. We would ideally like something with a basket to carry stuff. And hopefully something we can use as our daughter grows and gets a little older. It's not important to us that the seat can recline although it would be a nice feature. And it definitely doesn't need to be car seat compatible as we are not bringing a car seat onboard with us. Any recommendations? Ideally we would like to spend $100 or less.

Thanks so much!

We have a Chicco Echo from Target which has a basket, sunshade, and reclines a fair bit. It is in that price range. But if I were looking now, babies r us has one (zobo maybe?) that is just under $100 and I think it has those features plus a standing fold, and I would definitely consider it! But we do like our Echo, it folds pretty compactly, is light weight, and we started using it around 4-6 months and still use it at 2.5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When we were going to Disneyland when our dd was 2.5 yrs old, I wanted a travel stroller that was light and easy to take and store. I loved the Maclaren Volo but it was so expensive. I looked on craigslist and found it for $50. We still have it three years later and it's been on a lot of trips. Now we just use it for traveling, theme parks, and the State Fair, but it looks like it did when I got it. It doesn't recline but both the Quest and Triumph do. New the Triumph sells for about $225 but I just checked our list and they're listed for $75-100. They're really well built, compact, light, and if in decent shape to begin with, will last a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd suggest a Baby Jogger City Micro, or a little bit more expensive, a City Mini. We took our 11 month old on a cruise with a City Micro and it was great. Easy to turn/push, reclines, basket, big sun shade, folds up very easily (w one hand) and is so small when folded, and not heavy. Also, it fit our child until the age of 4 (and we make tall kids).

This Chico has been worth its weight in gold for us. Bought it 3 yrs ago for our first cruise and will be taking it on our fifth soon. Used at 8mon, 21mon, 2.5yr and 3.5yr. You can't do better than this in my opinion.

http://www.chiccoshop.com/gear/strollers/lightweight/liteway-plus-stroller---polaris/04079317810070.html?cgid=gear_strollers_lightweight_strollers#selected=bcMssiaagYsJoaaadh20g9YX9e&start=8&cgid=gear_strollers_lightweight_strollers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's a little more than you want to spend, but I second the recommendation for the mountain buggy nano. You may be able to find a used one or a prior year model at a discount though, and it would be well worth it.

I have also owned the Maclaren Globetrotter, and while it's generally a highly recommended lightweight stroller, I didn't like it. It's hard to push and has a bumpy ride. It was ok when my daughter was smaller, but as she got heavier, it was a pain. Sold it after 6 months, and got the Mountain Buggy. Our next trip is still a month away, but I've been using it as my daily stroller and it is amazing. My 20 month old seems much more comfortable in it as well.

Although you said it doesn't matter to you, you can attach any infant seat or a compact convertible seat, with no additional adapters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a summer infant 3D lite that we still use with our almost 2 year old. It's great for cruising. Has a small basket which we use to throw a few diapers and wipes as we go around the ship. It reclines which is great for nap time. I think we got ours from Amazon. You can definitely get it for under 100 dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...

We got the delta ultimate convenience, pleasantly surprised since it was only $50. It has a basket but is just a net, the canopy is a bit short but it has a really nice recline and is taller then a standard umbrella stroller which we need since my husband is 6'4".

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also cruising with a baby next Jan. and was wondering the same thing. Does anyone have experience with the Kolcraft cloud plus umbrella stroller? It seems to have good reviews on Amazon. I was torn between that and the Summer 3D lite. I was leaning towards the Kolcraft only because of the child tray. My kids have always behaved whenever there is food or drink in front of them.

Has anyone brought the baby jogger city mini GT on a cruise?

Sent from my iPhone

I would like to know the answer to this too... maybe we should start our own thread? I love this stroller and don't want to buy an umbrella stroller if I don't have to. But with measurements, the cabin doorways are going to be too small to push the stroller in....

Looking at the same thing for our cruise w my 15 month old. I think I'm sold on the Summer 3DLite- no tray but you can buy one to attach.

I've had this stroller saved on Amazon for a couple of weeks now. We definitely need a recline because our 17 month old is fabulous stroller napper. I liked out lightweight it was. Maybe I'll go buy it sooner rather than later.

I also have the summer infant lights stroller and it does recline quite a bit and it also has a nice basket under the stroller to store her belongings it's easy to fold up and does not take up a lot of space but it is sturdy unlike the traditional cheapie umbrella stroller

Has anyone brought the baby jogger city mini GT on a cruise?

Sent from my iPhone

We brought our gt on Celebrity Eclipse. It is a Great stroller. Fits throughout The stroller period and just fitted through the cabin door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk