What was your favorite restaurant?

The Quantum has a whole new way of dining which you can experience a new restaurant each night. For myself, it was like date night everyday. With our busy work schedules, going out and having a nice dinner is special. Our favorite restaurant was Silk and a close second was Coastal Kitchen. Which one was your favorite?

Wonderland was the only pay venue we attended (ever) and loved it. The best experience was The Grande. Loved the staff in there (had the same one twice, then they rotated during the second sailing and she only had large tables so we had her friend) and the overall atmosphere. American Icon had the best menus though (except dessert).

If I was going to compare experiences with the dining venues, I would rate them in the following order.

Outstanding: Coastal Kitchen and Wonderland

Excellent: Divinly Decadence

Very Good: Chef's Table, Izumi and Silk

Good: Chic

Average: Grande *did not meet expectations, quality control issues for a formal venue.

Poor: American Icon "menu poor and did not appeal to me.

Johnny Rockets "hamburgers pre-cooked and served in paper bag, a true downgrade from the venue with great service on other RCI ships.

Did not get to try Jamie's due to fact that they would not accept reservations for lunch and did not want to waste one of my dinner slots on this venue with many land based locations that offer the same menu.

They did have tapas by Jamie's Italian in vintages, but it was a very limited selection.

We only went to the 'free' restaurants. Of those, Silk was our favorite and most attended. Grande was the least favorite and only went once. Grande was too hot, the waitress was overworked and only got back to us occasionally. For example, my almost empty water glass sat on the table until we were ready to leave and then she asked if I wanted more.... :mad:

Edited by edjny

It's so interesting reading about all the different experiences with service, which I think just highlights how inconsistent it was in all the restaurants. Our favorite was the Grande because overall we had the best service there. Our servers were always around and attentive, and we felt like the service there was closest to the old MDR. Our favorite individual head waiter and waiter were at American Icon, but overall - food + service - we'd probably put the Grande as our favorite.

The service we had both times at Silk was pretty bad, which is probably why it was our least favorite. The first waiter had no idea what food allergies meant or what was in any dish, and was barely around. The second one came around regularly but mostly to tell us to tell his supervisor he was doing a good job.

The Grande was our favorite. We loved the experience at Wonderland. We enjoyed Coastal Kitchen for breakfast and Devinly Decadence for lunch. The food at Jamie's was good but the service was extremely slow, over 2 hours for dinner. Chops was good as well as Silk. American Icon was our least favorite. We did not try Chic.

It's so interesting reading about all the different experiences with service, which I think just highlights how inconsistent it was in all the restaurants. Our favorite was the Grande because overall we had the best service there. Our servers were always around and attentive, and we felt like the service there was closest to the old MDR. Our favorite individual head waiter and waiter were at American Icon, but overall - food + service - we'd probably put the Grande as our favorite.

The service we had both times at Silk was pretty bad, which is probably why it was our least favorite. The first waiter had no idea what food allergies meant or what was in any dish, and was barely around. The second one came around regularly but mostly to tell us to tell his supervisor he was doing a good job.

Fascinating to read about the different experiences. We went to Silk three times and had the same table and waiter every time. He was from the Philippines and had an accent, but was quite understandable to us. It seemed like he was back at our table every 5 minutes asking how we were doing. If our water glass got down ONE inch, he was there filling it. Could not ask for any better. :D

The Grande for us was the exact opposite. The waitress was rarely seen and we spent a lot of time just waiting... :mad: The lobster tasted great but was quite small. If we did not have to wait so long to get the waitress, I would have ordered a second one. Also it was quite warm in the Grande. Perhaps it was the table location or just a problem with the AC that night, but when we left, my shirt was soaked with sweat... :mad:

I had a great experience at Jamie's so it has to come out on top. The service from Julianna was five star. We enjoyed dinner so much we went back for lunch. For the free venues I enjoyed Chic the most as the menu had the most items that appealed to me. I wish we had gone back a second night.

I was a little disappointed with The Grande, service was okay but nothing special on the first visit and just bare minimum service on the second.

We ate several meals at American Icon when you take into account breakfast, lunch and dinner. Service ranged from average to excellent though consistently pretty slow.

I'm really excited to try wonderland

It's an incredible experience, and I'm a picky eater! The buffalo eggs were delicious! I don't eat seafood and am not a big meat person so that limited me but I even gave the liquid lobster with bone marrow and caviar a go just to say I did it. I immediately regretted it, but how many people can say they've eaten that?

DSC08088.JPG

DSC08109.JPG

It's an incredible experience, and I'm a picky eater! The buffalo eggs were delicious! I don't eat seafood and am not a big meat person so that limited me but I even gave the liquid lobster with bone marrow and caviar a go just to say I did it. I immediately regretted it, but how many people can say they've eaten that?

DSC08088.JPG

DSC08109.JPG

This excites me so much. I have no food limitations so trying things is my game. On my oasis TA I ate at CP150 4 times because I enjoy the unique venues and experiences. I'm hoping wonderland will deliver big time.

Just getting off the ship, I would have to say the best for free restaurant is Coastal Kitchen by far. The most fun restaurant was Wonderland. And the best overall, and that's cause I just love pasta and everything that comes along with that dinner type, is Jamie's Italian.

I ate in four restaurants last week. American Icon was okay, good portions, a little bland (at least what I ordered), waiters were way overworked. Silk was my least favorite, waiter was good but the food was the blandest asian food I've ever had. Chic was good, the waiter was fine, the food was very good. The best for me was Jamie's Italian, good service, excellent food, of course it was $25 extra and it was very popular.

1. My daughter and I loved Wonderland. It is pricey but we left in a 'food coma'!

2. Grande came in second. Yes, the lobster tail was small, but lets not get too picky.

3. Chic came in third for us. The food was not warm and we were in a rush to see the show so we could not send the entrees back, but the choices were good. They really need to heat up the food on the plates before they serve it.

4. Silk- we liked the variety, preparation and taste, although the duck was dry.

5. Jamies- It just did not do it for us but I know this venue is quite popular. By the end of the week lines formed to get in for lunch.

6. Izumi - Creative but not as good as Silk. We eat sushi all the time and this was just 'so-so' but you really can't get fresh sushi on a ship that is out at sea for a week!

7. American Icon- Horrible. The best thing that one can say about this experience is that at least it was complementary. The fried chicken served for lunch the next day in the Windjammer was FAR SUPERIOR to the gelatinous mess that was served at AI. Don't waste your time here. The food was basically inedible. The concept is great. They need a new chef who actually knows how to cook.

We had the best experience at Silk. Our server named Loon was such a shining star among all the servers we had during the 11 days that we requested her for all 3 nights we dined there. We had originally only planned to dine there 2 times but no one in our group of 10 wanted to return to the American Icon which was our worst dining experience (mostly because of bad service).

Loon gave us as close to a MDR experience as was possible with DD. The biggest problem we ran into was that by the time we sampled all of the delicious appetizers she placed on a lazy susan in the middle of the table we were so full we didn't have much room for the main course. In fact, on our third day there most of us asked for our favorite appetizers to be served as a main course.

We enjoyed the food in all of the DD venues and we felt that it was a notch or two above what we've had in the MDR on other RC ships.