Oasis of the Seas: Can't Miss?

DPrincess81

Okay, we are officially sailing in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS! I am so excited!

So, my dear experienced cruiser friends: What are your can't miss Oasis of the Seas tips? We are sailing on the Western Caribbean itinerary in just a few more days!

- favorite menu/drink item

- favorite bar/restaurant

- favorite activity on the boat

- favorite place on Labadee

- favorite show

- best pool

- best tips and tricks

- Your #1 "you must pack this" item that isn't obvious? (i.e. swimsuits - of course!)

- That #1 thing you look forward to.

We have never done Oasis and know we will need to explore a LOT. She's huge and I'm sure it will take me 4 days to get used to her! I'm looking for those key nuggets that only an experienced cruiser will know! Something you tell your best friend over coffee when you hear they're going on the Oasis.

PS - Hubby and I are celebrating 10 years and the kids aren't coming with us. (eep!) We are sailing with our Best Friends. Balcony room and no status with C&A yet as this is our first RCI cruise. Oh, and we have the drink package!

Thanks in advance!:D:D:D:D

Socks and long pants if you want to do ice skating (and you really should if you can; it's fun!)

If you do the zipline you can't wear a skirt or short shorts (you'd think this'd be obvious, but no).

A one piece swimsuit if you don't want to flash the watchers on the Flowrider.

Socks for the climbing wall (those shoes, tho...ew).

Some sort of identifying magnet on your door so you can find it (loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong hallways).

Probably more but that's just the top of my head from 2 cruises on her.

Socks and long pants if you want to do ice skating (and you really should if you can; it's fun!)

If you do the zipline you can't wear a skirt or short shorts (you'd think this'd be obvious, but no).

A one piece swimsuit if you don't want to flash the watchers on the Flowrider.

Socks for the climbing wall (those shoes, tho...ew).

Some sort of identifying magnet on your door so you can find it (loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong hallways).

Probably more but that's just the top of my head from 2 cruises on her.

I have worn shorts. I don't do skirts. You do have to wear closed toe shoes.

Some tips :

Go on cruise planner and book your shows. It's best to plan your evenings on this class of ship to avoid having to wait in standby lines.

Oasis class for me is all about the shows : Aquatheatre, comedy club, ice show, main theatre so try not to miss any of them.

I like having a drink at the bar in Central Park in the evening. Central Park is generally a good spot to chill out any time of day. Sometimes they play music there.

The parade in the promenade deck is really good and not to be missed. Get there about 30 mins before start and find a good spot. About half way along the promenade is best.

There are plenty of breakfast venues so my advice would be to explore and see which ones you like best.

I have been on Oasis once and Allure twice. My favourite class of ships amongst RCCL.

We love breakfast at Johnny Rockets. Although they charge extra for lunch and dinner, breakfast is included. It's really nice to sit at the tables outside on the boardwalk in the mornings.

My favorite special drink is a mudslide. They put chocolate syrup down the sides of the glass and it's basically an alcoholic chocolate milkshake. So yummy.

I recommend bringing a highlighter, so that when you look through the cruise compass, you can highlight what you're interested in. Makes it a lot easier to keep track of all the goings on.

Also, when we were on, they were offering kitchen tours for something like $20 or $25 each. It wasn't listed in the cruise compass or on the cruise planner, they just offered it to us at dinner one night. To us, it was worth every dollar. Really neat to see how all the food is prepared in such massive quantities. Might want to ask someone onboard if you're interested.

Enjoy! :)

Be sure to do all the sports waivers on line it saves a lot of time and aggravation once on board.The Oasis challenge Surf (flow rider) in the morning , Ice skating then zip line and rock wall climbing in the afternoon all in the same day !!! On the same cruise I'll be watching to make sure you don't cheat LOL.

Don’t miss the shows, they are all very good.

The aqua team also does a comedy show around Noon towards the end of the week, called Splish Splash it is very good.

Make sure you see the parade...there will be one early in the week and one on the last day. Also the Dancing In The Street Party is so much fun!!

We will be back on the Oasis in October for the 4th time this year.....so you we love it!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Don’t miss the shows, they are all very good.

The aqua team also does a comedy show around Noon towards the end of the week, called Splish Splash it is very good.

Make sure you see the parade...there will be one early in the week and one on the last day. Also the Dancing In The Street Party is so much fun!!

We will be back on the Oasis in October for the 4th time this year.....so you we love it!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Since you've been on Oasis so often, I wondered if I could verify some older info from when we sailed in 2013. (1) Can you still get Turkey bacon at the Solarium for breakfast? (2) Can you still view the MDR menus for the Week on your TV or any screen around the ship?

Thanks for any help you may have!!

Since you've been on Oasis so often, I wondered if I could verify some older info from when we sailed in 2013. (1) Can you still get Turkey bacon at the Solarium for breakfast? (2) Can you still view the MDR menus for the Week on your TV or any screen around the ship?

Thanks for any help you may have!!

Unfortunately, yes.

What about viewing the MDR menu for the WEEK on the TV or interactive screens?

The menu was not on the TV in the room. However there are boards usually near the elevators where you can view the menu.

And you can view the menu for the whole week on the one outside the dining room.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

The menu was not on the TV in the room. However there are boards usually near the elevators where you can view the menu.

And you can view the menu for the whole week on the one outside the dining room.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

THANKS!!

One more Important question!! I remember that you can't walk all the way from one end of the ship to the other and we kept having to turn around! What Deck is it that you can actually walk from the front to the back? I think we had the most trouble after eating in the MDR and then trying to get to a show at the other end of the ship :confused:

THANKS!!

One more Important question!! I remember that you can't walk all the way from one end of the ship to the other and we kept having to turn around! What Deck is it that you can actually walk from the front to the back? I think we had the most trouble after eating in the MDR and then trying to get to a show at the other end of the ship :confused:

Deck 5 outside goes from the front to the back. If you don't include the Boardwalk, then deck 5 (Royal Promenade) goes a long way inside and deck 8 (Central Park) goes a long way outside.

The think I loved about the Oasis is all the dinning options. On our 7 day cruise we never once ate breakfast or lunch in the Windjammer. Johnny Rockets has a great free breakfast and sitting on the boardwalk was great. Love the pancakes. The Park Cafe also has a great free breakfast and lunch. Loved the made to order salad at lunch and the carved roast beef sandwiches are excellent. The front Solarium Cafe also has free lunch and breakfast. By far my favorite ship. Also the Full length Cats show it very good but I think to long for a cruise ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you everyone!

We have our shows booked and MTD all set.

How are the pools mid-day?

What do you do all day to keep yourself occupied?

Thanks again!

Here is a thread with recent Oasis Compass scans: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2536924.

The Compass will show all the activities/venues you have to choose from to keep yourself occupied.

We love breakfast at Johnny Rockets. Although they charge extra for lunch and dinner, breakfast is included. It's really nice to sit at the tables outside on the boardwalk in the mornings.

My favorite special drink is a mudslide. They put chocolate syrup down the sides of the glass and it's basically an alcoholic chocolate milkshake. So yummy.

I recommend bringing a highlighter, so that when you look through the cruise compass, you can highlight what you're interested in. Makes it a lot easier to keep track of all the goings on.

Also, when we were on, they were offering kitchen tours for something like $20 or $25 each. It wasn't listed in the cruise compass or on the cruise planner, they just offered it to us at dinner one night. To us, it was worth every dollar. Really neat to see how all the food is prepared in such massive quantities. Might want to ask someone onboard if you're interested.

Enjoy! :)

If you go to the gallery to tour, wear closed toe shoes. We didn't see that in any info, but just about everybody had to leave the line and go change shoes.

Johnny Rockets for breakfast as well as the Main Dining Room. The MDR actually has a smaller buffet but also table service, included, and nowhere near as busy as the Windjammer.

Book all your shows NOW if you haven't done so. If you miss your reservation, it's fine, you can go standby for another. No charge or anything, but book when you think you are most likely to go. It'll enhance your experience immensely having reservations and not dealing with lines.

Rising Tide bar in the Promenade is really cool, we love it for people watching and enjoying a drink.

String music with wine in Central Park is nice.

Every area has at least 1 complimentary dining option. Keep that in mind - so there is always something to eat and try out.

Consider the solarium if you don't mind just a nice dipping pool. Have a drink and hang out, it's much less of a zoo than the main pools. Plus Solarium Bistro serves lunch and there is an excellent bar there, too. It's a great place to hangout if that's your thing.

Besides that, you'll find the ship huge but not THAT big. The neighborhood concepts make navigating your way around easy as can be. Go down to entertainment place and check out the venues... live Jazz is fun! Promenade, up to Boardwalk, Central Park then the top pool/sports decks. You have essentially seen everything at this point. Very simple, take your time strolling and see what interests you, it's very accessible and easy to find things to do.