have new passport

hihilo

(1) I had great service with the expedited passport service RE: getting a new passport as my "old" one had too few pages left. The old one was still valid, till 2020,

so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the really efficient and speedy service I received. I sent it in, to Philadelphia on 10/3 and it was back on 10/14.

(2) ~~~ so~~~ Do I logically do something, now ???? Since i have a new

PP # ? When I booked, with CUNARD, months ago, I had the old #,

of course.

THKS for the good advice + suggestions that I know will be forthcoming.

(1) I had great service with the expedited passport service RE: getting a new passport as my "old" one had too few pages left. The old one was still valid, till 2020, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the really efficient and speedy service I received. I sent it in, to Philadelphia on 10/3 and it was back on 10/14.

of course. ...

Hello hihilo,

Well done on getting your new passport so quickly.

You should now update your VP with the (new) correct details to avoid any issues/delays when trying to board QM2 at the terminal.

Also update any other documents you may have completed that may have asked you to record your passport number (such as airlines, although that would be unusual I believe?).

Hope this helps, Bon Voyage :)

Edited by pepperrn

(1) I had great service with the expedited passport service RE: getting a new passport as my "old" one had too few pages left. The old one was still valid, till 2020,

so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the really efficient and speedy service I received. I sent it in, to Philadelphia on 10/3 and it was back on 10/14.

of course.

THKS for the good advice + suggestions that I know will be forthcoming.

Nothing like closing the barn door once the horse has escaped, but I hoped you requested extra pages when you renewed your passport. It's now the same price with either the normal number of pages (I think about 24) or a large one with extra visa pages (52 page total) for the same price. It's very worthwhile to do for people who do a lot of traveling.

Roy

I remember the days when you had your passport stamped.

Me too! What happened to that? Last time I asked for my passport to be stamped (Red Hook, Brooklyn), the agent looked at me oddly - Like why would anyone want their passport stamped? I don't know, is there some kind of security reason for not stamping passports???

Thanks for all the good responses and helpful advice....

YES-- thankfully I did 'tic' the option for the larger number of pages.

By chance, I am leaving home on 11/8 for this trip, + with that being election day.......its mighty convenient to be told, almost hourly, with all newscasts, how many days I have left !