Cruising with very young children

cruisebunnies

Is it fair to take very young kids cruising?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is it fair to take very young kids cruising?

• Too costly
    • Too disrupting for other passengers
    • Too dangerous
    • No fun for Adults who babysit

My friend just went on a cruise with an infant. Camp Carnival doesn't take em that young but she still had a blast. If the only way they can go on vacation is to take the lil ones, go for it! I'm not sure how it would be unfair to the infant. As far as other passengers, it's one of the hot button things where people hate hearing babies cry. I don't worry about such things on a cruise. On airplanes is another matter that can be handled with a good pair of earphones.

Add one more option to the poll: More power to em...bring on the babies!

I don't have a problem with other people bringing very young children on board. We waited until ours were big enough for the kids' club, though (YDS was 3 the first time we cruised with them, ODS was 5). DH and I feel like we need a little bit of alone time on cruises, so the option of the kids' club was a must for us.

Edited to add: I just saw the poll. OP, you might want to add some options that are actually pro-young children on the poll. It's pretty one-sided right now.

i enjoy traveling with my kids. We however didnt take them when they were younger. I think as long as you are respectful of other passengers (remove crying baby from MDR or the shows, etc) and keep your untrained kids out of the pools (follow the rule) I have no problem with it.

i enjoy traveling with my kids. We however didnt take them when they were younger. I think as long as you are respectful of other passengers (remove crying baby from MDR or the shows, etc) and keep your untrained kids out of the pools (follow the rule) I have no problem with it.

Remove crying baby from the banquet hall, aka. the MDR...Is that so as not to miss the all important maitre d' announcements or cause it may interfere or overshadow those awesome tunes or the singing and dancing waitstaff?

I certainly enjoyed cruising with my son when he was a toddler. He was well behaved and we followed the rules.

I certainly don't understand the tone of this poll. Perhaps a better one would be "Would you like to cruise with the OP?"

I certainly enjoyed cruising with my son when he was a toddler. He was well behaved and we followed the rules.

I certainly don't understand the tone of this poll. Perhaps a better one would be "Would you like to cruise with the OP?"

I agree....strange poll and no options for the majority so far. Well behaved children are fun and to see them smile and be happy on a cruise is priceless!

We met a really nice couple in their late 30's who finally had their much wanted child. They brought their 1 year old with them KNOWING it would be different from their past cruises.

They ate in the buffet because it was more convenient for them.

Still, they were having a great time with the baby.

For them it a different but still a very good cruise! :)

LuLu

~~~~

I'm not a huge fan of cruising with kids -- even if their parents are attentive and the children are well-behaved, it never seemed to me that it would be as much fun for the parents. In our family, when our children were little it was a chance for a grown-up vacation for mom and dad. But that's just me.

I don't get your "poll", though -- a poll is supposed to represent variable opinions on a topic, not just support what is, apparently, your opinion.

Don't think the Gallup people would approve!:eek:

How many think cruising with very young kids is costly and unfair to the children and adult passengers?

I guess my kids probably don't qualify as very young, but I had a blast with my (then) 9 year old. I think (and this includes mine too) that the teenagers who aimlessly ride elevators and, if they don't have a mean rule enforcing dad like me, stay out most of the night making noise are a bigger hassle than little kids. It was a lot more work having my kids along, but watching them dance with the waitstaff and be amazed by the magicians makes it pretty worth while.

Plus we could indulge my wife and get a thousand pictures taken (we just don't buy many of them ;) )

our 4 year old will have his 3rd cruise under his belt in about 6 months. some things are different a lot of things are the same. We are early risers so enjoy early mornings on board and the first people to the beach.

I will say that he follows the dress code in the dining room, sat center table in the MDR main floor being a 3rd at a 2 top. The entire dining room would of known if he was out of line, but he did well through all courses. 14 nights, 13 in the MDR.

I understand people don't want to experience kids on a cruise. May want to change lines from CCL if this is the case. Try Costa or Holland America and the poll may be 'how old is too old to cruise.'

I'm with most of the others here, I happily cruise with my son (2). We wouldn't vacation without him, and the cruise lines and most of the guests are incredibly kind about kids. They have services for children for a reason, and advertise cruises a a family vacation. There are some very nice kids free lines (river cruises in Europe, if i remember correctly) if you would prefer to avoid all the unfairness when others bring their children.

Our granddaughter is 5 yrs old and she will go on cruises #8 and #9 in December. Her third B2B. We LOVE cruising with her and experiencing things through a child's eyes. She has amazing memories of our trips and experiences that others only dream about.

If you don't want to cruise with children...don't cruise Carnival!

Guest fyree39

I have never minded seeing kids on cruises and feel it's wonderful that the parents are giving their kids such great memories. I don't think I like this poll very much. :(

Archived